GAPearl's "MAGIC"al Birthday Cruise! Complete Magic picture review-6/14/15 sailing.

gapearl

Hi Harold! Welcome back! Where have you been traveling to lately? My birthday was awesome! I couldn't ask for it to have been any better. Everyone recognized me in the RFP. I bet JH was like who the hell is this chick cause everyone knows her! Haha :p Maybe one day you'll run into me in the air or on a cruise, you never know. Have fun on your upcoming Splendor trip!

I've been up and down the east coast a lot lately. Had a good cruise on the Splendor in May and as you know another one in October on Splendor. The October Splendor cruise is for my 30 year high school reunion. I'm sure that one is going to be epic! I may have to do a review of that one!

I always keep an eye out for you when I'm flying as ATL is almost always a stop for me. If I ever do bump into you I'll try and keep my excitement to a minimum so as not to detract you from your work!

You are the Cruise Critic Goddess. I enjoy your reviews so very much!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cruise Critic Goddess, I love that! :D Thanks so much for reading!

I've been up and down the east coast a lot lately. Had a good cruise on the Splendor in May and as you know another one in October on Splendor. The October Splendor cruise is for my 30 year high school reunion. I'm sure that one is going to be epic! I may have to do a review of that one!

I always keep an eye out for you when I'm flying as ATL is almost always a stop for me. If I ever do bump into you I'll try and keep my excitement to a minimum so as not to detract you from your work!

A reunion cruise would be fantastic! My class had planned a 15 year cruise reunion. Why on earth they didn't get me to coordinate it, I have no idea. :rolleyes: The whole committee had never been on a cruise, except for 1 person that had been on maybe 2 or 3. In the end, it never happened. Now that our 20 year reunion is sneaking up on us, maybe I'll suggest it again in our FB group next year.

I promise you won't interrupt me if you say hi. If anything, I'll turn into a Chatty Cathy! :D

Cruise Critic Goddess, I love that! :D Thanks so much for reading!

A reunion cruise would be fantastic! My class had planned a 15 year cruise reunion. Why on earth they didn't get me to coordinate it, I have no idea. :rolleyes: The whole committee had never been on a cruise, except for 1 person that had been on maybe 2 or 3. In the end, it never happened. Now that our 20 year reunion is sneaking up on us, maybe I'll suggest it again in our FB group next year.

I promise you won't interrupt me if you say hi. If anything, I'll turn into a Chatty Cathy! :D

I was very surprised at the suggestion of a cruise for a class reunion. Of course I was like let's do it! I have to say though I knew out of a graduating class of almost 950 people not everyone was gonna do a cruise. But, there were a couple of ringleaders that stepped up and advocated for a cruise and we had enough interest that we found a person from our class that is a TA and set forth to make it happen.

It should be an interesting 5 days and it really worked in our favor that the Splendor was sailing from our hometown.

I'd be more than happy for you to be a Chatty Cathy with me but I also understand that some people need those peanuts and soda's. But without a doubt I'd be honored to meet you wether on a plane or in a terminal somewhere!

Girl you should! It only will take about an hour and it's just $15. You'll still have your whole day free to hit up the beach and get some Mexican food. Have fun on the Magic! I wish I could cruise with y'all again. :)

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the review. The next one will be a big one for sure! :D

Definitely will look into the chocolate store. It would be a pleasure if we have the opportunity to sail with you again. :)

"I love cruises more than Kanye loves Kanye"!!!!! I laughed out loud. My coworkers looked at me weird. I love love love your reviews. You capture the magic essence of cruising. I refer people to your reviews when they ask why I love cruising so damn much. I can't put it into words like you can!! OK, I'm done with my girl crush moment ;) And now I might book the Breeze! I also have two kids and a husband and might just leave them at home. You inspire me girl.

I woke up bright and early at 8 am and had every intention of working out today.

But. The. Struggle. Was. Real.

I didn't make it. I took a shower and got dressed in my swimsuit and coverup, ready for a sunny pool day. My mom and JJ were going to go to the breakfast buffet on lido, so I suggested they come to the MDR with me for brunch instead. Sea day brunch is held in the Southern Lights Restaurant, deck 3 aft. We were seated immediately with no wait.

Sea day brunch menu.

35768a5a-bfc9-4927-88dd-84f2e7ffa643_zps7wusfesb.jpg

ad699b71-34a3-4f34-a930-08c60f53151f_zpswsygzuqr.jpg

We were served a basket of assorted pastries.

5649fd94-606f-419b-a173-bf04a20ac30d_zpsnnb5vpqn.jpg

Pastry selfie.

21c108c9-1755-46b3-adc1-e0400490a8d9_zpsbptvua2m.jpg

My mom brought one of the new puzzle books I got her and we could not figure this one out. Can anyone get it without using a calculator, and what was your strategy?

92f7a33e-d47c-48c7-a609-963dd8be1bd0_zpsmvht7cyn.jpg

37 46 and 31 My strategy was it has to be fairly large numbers to add up to a number that large. So I started with 37 and 46 and then looked for 31.

I'm so mad at myself for JUST seeing this review!! Missy, your reviews are amazing! I just spent the last two hours going through it. That video and the cartoons were a great touch.

Let's not talk about living the single life ... Girl, we could swap stories. I'm turning 33 in September and dating is non existent. I've been thinking of a relocation as well and that was a portion of the factoring reason.

Keep up the great work and those fashions are on point as well! It would be great to cruise with you in the future! :D

I was very surprised at the suggestion of a cruise for a class reunion. Of course I was like let's do it! I have to say though I knew out of a graduating class of almost 950 people not everyone was gonna do a cruise. But, there were a couple of ringleaders that stepped up and advocated for a cruise and we had enough interest that we found a person from our class that is a TA and set forth to make it happen.

It should be an interesting 5 days and it really worked in our favor that the Splendor was sailing from our hometown.

I'd be more than happy for you to be a Chatty Cathy with me but I also understand that some people need those peanuts and soda's. But without a doubt I'd be honored to meet you wether on a plane or in a terminal somewhere!

My graduating class was about half the size of yours. A good core group of about 100 of us still keep in touch regularly and plan happy hours and dinners when everyone is home for the holidays. Perhaps I will suggest it again. Planning way ahead will be important since so many people have small children.

You'll recognize me before I recognize you, so definitely say something. I've run into a few CC people at work. :)

Definitely will look into the chocolate store. It would be a pleasure if we have the opportunity to sail with you again. :)

For sure, you'll love the chocolate tour! And I'd love that too! :)

Just found this review of yours, know you always shine on them!

Just about to book the Magic for next year and this is just what the Dr. Ordered! Thanks so much!

Awesome! I'm glad my review was able to help you make your decision. You will have a great time when you sail!

"I love cruises more than Kanye loves Kanye"!!!!! I laughed out loud. My coworkers looked at me weird. I love love love your reviews. You capture the magic essence of cruising. I refer people to your reviews when they ask why I love cruising so damn much. I can't put it into words like you can!! OK, I'm done with my girl crush moment ;) And now I might book the Breeze! I also have two kids and a husband and might just leave them at home. You inspire me girl.

People always ask me, how do you come up with stuff? I don't know. It just hits me. And yes I'm just as animated in person. lol I'm going to be a bad influence and say yes, leave the husband and kids at home and book the Breeze! That's still my favorite ship to date. She has a few more amenities than Magic and I would love to sail her again. Thanks for reading! Stay tuned for my next review as that trip is going to be ridiculously epic! :D

37 46 and 31 My strategy was it has to be fairly large numbers to add up to a number that large. So I started with 37 and 46 and then looked for 31.

That was a question I put way too much thought into and thought it was some sort of trick question, when really it was as simple as can be. I have to stop being so over-analytical. :o

I'm so mad at myself for JUST seeing this review!! Missy, your reviews are amazing! I just spent the last two hours going through it. That video and the cartoons were a great touch.

Let's not talk about living the single life ... Girl, we could swap stories. I'm turning 33 in September and dating is non existent. I've been thinking of a relocation as well and that was a portion of the factoring reason.

Keep up the great work and those fashions are on point as well! It would be great to cruise with you in the future! :D

Hey girl! Thanks for stopping by to read this one! You're a little tardy for the party but better late than never, right? Now I have to figure out a way to one up this review next time. I was planning to relocate this year, but things just weren't falling into place so I figured God was trying to tell me something. Next year will be 10 years that I've been in Atlanta. That's a nice round number, so I think it'll be time to move on to some place new in the next year and a half. I'm glad you enjoyed the cruise wardrobe. I love dressing up on vacation because half of my life is spent in my work uniform, and the other half in leggings and tank tops lol. Maybe we will run into each other on a future cruise! :)

Excited for this review. Your Valor review helped us a ton for that cruise. We did end up hiking the Gros Piton in St. Lucia. So fun and so hard. We were prepared for the hike, but nothing prepares you for the humidity! We are doing the same itinerary as you, but on the Freedom this fall.

Excited for this review. Your Valor review helped us a ton for that cruise. We did end up hiking the Gros Piton in St. Lucia. So fun and so hard. We were prepared for the hike, but nothing prepares you for the humidity! We are doing the same itinerary as you, but on the Freedom this fall.

Awesome! I have to do that itinerary again one day. That Gros Piton hike was a beast! I'm so glad I did it though and love hearing others report back after they did it too. Have a great time on your Freedom cruise.

Chocolate tour? Sign me up!!!!

You will definitely enjoy it!

I see that you have booked a Bermuda Cruise. That's Exciting and I can't wait to see your view on it. And if you don't mind me asking, when are you going to Asia? That is such an interesting place to visit and I someday hope to make it there.

October, the end of monsoon season. :eek: I'm thinking of adding on a leg to Vietnam or Bali for a few days after the cruise. Might as well since I'm already traveling halfway across the world. :)

Just got caught up Kim, and it was a great review, one of my favorites. I am anxiously waiting for the Mariner review. Also, I see you booked a cruise on Pride! Glad to see you coming to Charm City! :D

Thanks so much for writing the review, happy belated birthday, and I can't wait for more!

OMG!!!:cool: I had to post before I read through the thread especially after seeing your intro video which is so AWESOME!!! It was really great to meet you on the flight today! It was like I met a celebrity. I finally unpacked( well attempted to at least), ate and now I will be soaking myself into this great review. Until we met up in the skies ( or sea) again! Take care, Adena.

Just got caught up Kim, and it was a great review, one of my favorites. I am anxiously waiting for the Mariner review. Also, I see you booked a cruise on Pride! Glad to see you coming to Charm City! :D

Thanks so much for writing the review, happy belated birthday, and I can't wait for more!

Hey hun! I'm glad you're all caught up now. I can hardly wait for the Mariner cruise! :D I'm in serious planning/research mode now nonstop for that one. I've been on and off CC the last few weeks and need to read your latest review. I'm kind of undecided about a cruise to Canada so yours could sway me one way or another. I'm looking forward to sailing the Pride and cruising from Baltimore for the first time!

OMG!!!:cool: I had to post before I read through the thread especially after seeing your intro video which is so AWESOME!!! It was really great to meet you on the flight today! It was like I met a celebrity. I finally unpacked( well attempted to at least), ate and now I will be soaking myself into this great review. Until we met up in the skies ( or sea) again! Take care, Adena.

Hi Adena! It was a pleasure meeting you as well! You feel like you met a celebrity, and I felt like I was a celebrity lol. :cool: I'm glad you had a fun trip to Disney and I hope you're able to get your mom on a ship soon. I would love to see you on a plane again or a ship one day! :) Enjoy the review and let me know how you liked it when you're finished!

Hey hun! I'm glad you're all caught up now. I can hardly wait for the Mariner cruise! :D I'm in serious planning/research mode now nonstop for that one. I've been on and off CC the last few weeks and need to read your latest review. I'm kind of undecided about a cruise to Canada so yours could sway me one way or another. I'm looking forward to sailing the Pride and cruising from Baltimore for the first time!

Hi Adena! It was a pleasure meeting you as well! You feel like you met a celebrity, and I felt like I was a celebrity lol. :cool: I'm glad you had a fun trip to Disney and I hope you're able to get your mom on a ship soon. I would love to see you on a plane again or a ship one day! :) Enjoy the review and let me know how you liked it when you're finished!

Yes, trips like that need serious research. It's going to be one of the best experiences of your life! But yes, I just finished that review the other night. Canadian cruises are definitely a great experience, and a great way to see something new and beat the heat. Sunshine has some of the shorter ones in June 2016, and then October of 2016. The 4 nights are great, but the extra stop in Halifax on the 5 nights is an amazing experience as well. And of course you have your 7 nights in the fall. I would totally recommend it for you, because I know how much you like nature and new experiences. We rented a car, got a map, and went everywhere. You'd love it, make sure you read the review! Pride from Bmore will be great! :D

Yes, trips like that need serious research. It's going to be one of the best experiences of your life! But yes, I just finished that review the other night. Canadian cruises are definitely a great experience, and a great way to see something new and beat the heat. Sunshine has some of the shorter ones in June 2016, and then October of 2016. The 4 nights are great, but the extra stop in Halifax on the 5 nights is an amazing experience as well. And of course you have your 7 nights in the fall. I would totally recommend it for you, because I know how much you like nature and new experiences. We rented a car, got a map, and went everywhere. You'd love it, make sure you read the review! Pride from Bmore will be great! :D

Yes this will definitely be the trip of a lifetime! As I said in my Splendor review, I think everyone should experience another culture at least once in your life. I was talking to some family this past weekend and they weren't like what do you want to go to Asia for? They apparently have this stereotypical image in their heads of a terrible place, but when I showed them the skyscrapers of Singapore and beaches of Thailand, they were like OH. :o I swear the world would be a much better place if everyone was more open minded and willing to try something new just once.

If I was to do a Canada cruise, it would have to be one of the itineraries that does not go to Boston and Portland. I've already been to both of those cities multiple times and have no desire to take a cruise there. Maybe I'd try one of the 5 day itineraries. It seems like this would have a much more quiet, chill vibe than the Caribbean. I'll try to read your review sometime this week if I can.

Yes this will definitely be the trip of a lifetime! As I said in my Splendor review, I think everyone should experience another culture at least once in your life. I was talking to some family this past weekend and they weren't like what do you want to go to Asia for? They apparently have this stereotypical image in their heads of a terrible place, but when I showed them the skyscrapers of Singapore and beaches of Thailand, they were like OH. :o I swear the world would be a much better place if everyone was more open minded and willing to try something new just once.

If I was to do a Canada cruise, it would have to be one of the itineraries that does not go to Boston and Portland. I've already been to both of those cities multiple times and have no desire to take a cruise there. Maybe I'd try one of the 5 day itineraries. It seems like this would have a much more quiet, chill vibe than the Caribbean. I'll try to read your review sometime this week if I can.

Most certainly! So many pre-conceived ideas of places and people, the only way to know is to go experience it yourself, unbiased, and immerse yourself in a new lifestyle. I can't wait to hear all about it!

They have a very chill vibe to them. Something different and a new side of nature. It's great, but I'll let the review do the rest of the talking! :D

PS- Beautiful airport! I came into ATL on my return from Rome (which your review helped me plan btw!) and it was such a beautiful terminal. Very efficient. In ATL I like how it's built to be the biggest airport in the world, therefore you don't feel packed. Others are busting at the seams and can be unbearable. The employees were very friendly as well!

Nice blog!

Most certainly! So many pre-conceived ideas of places and people, the only way to know is to go experience it yourself, unbiased, and immerse yourself in a new lifestyle. I can't wait to hear all about it!

They have a very chill vibe to them. Something different and a new side of nature. It's great, but I'll let the review do the rest of the talking! :D

PS- Beautiful airport! I came into ATL on my return from Rome (which your review helped me plan btw!) and it was such a beautiful terminal. Very efficient. In ATL I like how it's built to be the biggest airport in the world, therefore you don't feel packed. Others are busting at the seams and can be unbearable. The employees were very friendly as well!

Nice blog!

Absolutely! I hope that my travels inspire people to travel more and get out of their comfprt zones.

I'm glad you like the blog. It's still a major work in progress. I have all of my pictures uploaded for the rest of my Guatemala trip and also from Nicaragua this year. I just need to add commentary and captions and post. I added a new one from Semana Santa in Guatemala last night after you posted this, so check it out if you haven't seen it.

How did you enjoy Rome? What did you do while there?

Absolutely! I hope that my travels inspire people to travel more and get out of their comfprt zones.

I'm glad you like the blog. It's still a major work in progress. I have all of my pictures uploaded for the rest of my Guatemala trip and also from Nicaragua this year. I just need to add commentary and captions and post. I added a new one from Semana Santa in Guatemala last night after you posted this, so check it out if you haven't seen it.

How did you enjoy Rome? What did you do while there?

I came in from Naples so I stopped at the Sicily-Rome American WW2 Cemetery. Then I got there later that day. I toured the Colosseum and the Forum.

The next day was all Vatican. I went to the Museum, and then through the Sistine Chapel. Wow. Then into the Basilica and square. In the afternoon, I arranged a meeting with a former swiss guard, which was such a cool experience. Such a good cultural experience. Also met up with a priest and talked to him.

The next day I went into the Catacombs. They were so cool :D After lunch, I grabbed a map, and gave myself 5 hours. Walked from the Castel to the Spanish Steps, stopping at the Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, and so many stores and piazzas. That was a great way to end the trip.

The next morning we took off to the States. Rome is definitely my new favorite city, it has such a special feeling. The art and history, as well as the food, took my breath away.

I'll catch the new blog entry soon! :D