New Captains Club Benefit with MGM Resorts

Andy

But what is the percentage discount going to be "off" of? Full rack rate? Anyone who gets an Mlife card and puts a dime in a slot machine is going to get better rates than that anyway, so I'm not sure I see the point.

Yeah, but it is a minimum discount of up to 20%:rolleyes:

To my way of thinking, a travel discount does not interest me unless it is 30%+ off prevailing rates, not rack rates.

Benefits those of us who visit Hyatt and earn Mlife points as well as earning points when traveling to Vegas for the various conferences each year.

Its a win win for both companies really.

Yeah, but it is a minimum discount of up to 20%:rolleyes:

To my way of thinking, a travel discount does not interest me unless it is 30%+ off prevailing rates, not rack rates.

Elite members for instance would be comped MLife Gold Status equivalent.

The 20% is off the prevailing rates and does make for a tangible difference. In some resorts such as Monte Carlo, you'd also get VIP Lounge access which is a HUGE perk when you walk in and see a monstrous line and can walk right by it into the VIP lounge, have a glass of wine, and have the concierge take care of you.

You'll also earn ExpressComps faster and other perks.

Elite+ is matching over to Platinum Status which has several significant additional perks including skip the line for taxis and priority for room upgrades.

Still can not get an answer of how you link the 2 accounts together. I want to get M Life credit for playing on board X.

my guess is that the partnership has been announced before the mechanics have been worked out.

give it a week or so....

I'm Elite with Celebrity. Received the email and proceeded to sign up for an M Life account. Emailed customer service at M Life and requested the upgrade to Gold. Received a reply requesting both membership numbers, I provided these and have now been upgraded to Gold. This'll come in handy when I'm at Bellagio in August!

I'm Elite with Celebrity. Received the email and proceeded to sign up for an M Life account. Emailed customer service at M Life and requested the upgrade to Gold. Received a reply requesting both membership numbers, I provided these and have now been upgraded to Gold. This'll come in handy when I'm at Bellagio in August!

Cool, thanks.:D

So... how does this work if you are Gold with MLife? We have already booked our second cruise with Celebrity next spring? How do we change our status to Elite? :)

Cheers!

So... how does this work if you are Gold with MLife? We have already booked our second cruise with Celebrity next spring? How do we change our status to Elite? :)

Cheers!

I don't think it changes your Celebrity status it only adds a benefit for M-Life. Good try though.;)

Edited by Ma Bell

I don't think it changes your Celebrity status it only adds a benefit for M-Life. Good try though.;)

It doesn't change your status on Celebrity, BUT you do receive the equivalent level of benefits on Celebrity. So it is in effect, the same experience onboard the ship.

So your good try is basically a win :)

Tomorrow I'm going to call the number listed on the e-mail and get "connected", and also will find out what the cost of a room would be vs. what I could get directly through our Mlife accounts (we were Gold but dropped to Pearl since we haven't been to Vegas in a while, and are Elite on Celebrity).

It doesn't change your status on Celebrity, BUT you do receive the equivalent level of benefits on Celebrity. So it is in effect, the same experience onboard the ship.

So your good try is basically a win :)

Where does it say you receive the equivalent benefits on board Celebrity?