Behind the Fun Tours

13cheermom

I found a review here on CC from last September and the OP mentioned they did the Behind the Fun tour on Sunshine so I have to believe it's still available (here's the link to that thread):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2107650&highlight=sunshine

If it's like the other ships (and I'm sure it is), they do not really advertise it or make it available online, you have to go to the excursions desk immediately after boarding and make your reservations. We've done it the Miracle and Freedom and that's how it worked.

Edited by joepeka

I found a review here on CC from last September and the OP mentioned they did the Behind the Fun tour on Sunshine so I have to believe it's still available (here's the link to that thread):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2107650&highlight=sunshine

If it's like the other ships (and I'm sure it is), they do not really advertise it or make it available online, you have to go to the excursions desk immediately after boarding and make your reservations. We've done it the Miracle and Freedom and that's how it worked.

Thank you so much for the link! Just what I was looking for :)

Going to be on the Breeze for Christmas and hoping to score it for myself and my daughter...as a Christmas gift to her. She really wants to do it!

My DH and his dad just did the tour last week on the Breeze. They both really enjoyed it! That was their Father's Day gifts. They talked about it for 2 days afterwards! Lol

that we will be able to do this on Magic Aug 9th!! My husband's a civil engineer and wants to do the tour so bad. We have FTTF and our plan is to be at port by 10ish so we're ready to go on as soon as they call FTTF, then I make beeline to shore excursions (run don't walk haha) we'll see how it works out lol.

My boss just went on a cruise at the beginning of the month and she said they had no problems getting the Behind the Fun tour. She said they were making announcements the whole trip trying to get people. So it must not have been full that trip.

that we will be able to do this on Magic Aug 9th!! My husband's a civil engineer and wants to do the tour so bad. We have FTTF and our plan is to be at port by 10ish so we're ready to go on as soon as they call FTTF, then I make beeline to shore excursions (run don't walk haha) we'll see how it works out lol.

In 2011 (things could have changed) the shore excursions desk wasn't opened when we got on board at 11:30, it opened at noon. My wife put up with us sitting at the bar nearby instead of beating the crowds at the buffet because I didn't want to miss out. It was worth waiting there, and I startled the man when he came out from the back - I don't think he was expecting anyone!

We too have FTTF so hopefully will get onboard before the crowd to try to book this tour. Some friends just came back from doing this tour and highly recommended it to us, since we will have 5 sea days. Just got back from Glory cruise where after boarding early around 11:30am went straight to excursion desk to check on a cabana for Half Moon Cay, and they did have one available, SCORE! Another reason for FTTF, and we also had our choice of cabanas, DOUBLE SCORE! This was in Miami, so hopefully PC will also be ready for everyone before noon.

In 2011 (things could have changed) the shore excursions desk wasn't opened when we got on board at 11:30, it opened at noon. My wife put up with us sitting at the bar nearby instead of beating the crowds at the buffet because I didn't want to miss out. It was worth waiting there, and I startled the man when he came out from the back - I don't think he was expecting anyone!

Same thing happened to us the last time we booked that tour: we boarded about 11:30, the desk wasn't open until Noon and by the time it did open there were about a half dozen people (besides myself) waiting to book BTF. I think that the first tour was full (they had two tours) by the time that group of people finished making their reservations.

Edited by joepeka

Our friends said it was $95/pp on the larger ships like the Dream. But it also included some goodies in a tote bag like baseball cap and free pics of the group with the captain. And they also got sent a plate of chocolate covered strawberries to their room later that day. But it does last like 3-3 1/2 hours so sounds like it is well worth the price if your interested in things like that. We're looking forward to doing it in October.

My boss just went on a cruise at the beginning of the month and she said they had no problems getting the Behind the Fun tour. She said they were making announcements the whole trip trying to get people. So it must not have been full that trip.

I think the price and length would seem to temper demand. A hundred bucks for a tour that is also going to eat three and a half hours of what is normally a relaxing sea day. They are making a killing on this $1600 per tour that they fill, for what is really no additional cost to them. Maybe $100 total in the trinkets that they give away.

Edited by dioxide45

I think the price and length would seem to temper demand. A hundred bucks for a tour that is also going to eat three and a half hours of what is normally a relaxing sea day. They are making a killing on this $1600 per tour that they fill, for what is really no additional cost to them. Maybe $100 total in the trinkets that they give away.

Like I stated earlier, we have 5 seadays to relax and enjoy, and we were considering doing this based on a friends recommendation, and we feel it is worth it to us. It's not something I would do on every ship however, but think it would be interesting based on past reviews of the tour. I am glad that it it does last 3 1/2 hours, to feel as though we get the most of the ships tour. I also stated if you are interested in that type of thing. Why do some feel the need to negate everything, the original reason I posted this thread was just to find out a simple answer to the ship I would be sailing on, not to have it torn all to pieces. You added nothing to this thread what so ever! Okay I'm done with my rant, hope you have a blessed day!

Like I stated earlier, we have 5 seadays to relax and enjoy, and we were considering doing this based on a friends recommendation, and we feel it is worth it to us. It's not something I would do on every ship however, but think it would be interesting based on past reviews of the tour. I am glad that it it does last 3 1/2 hours, to feel as though we get the most of the ships tour. I also stated if you are interested in that type of thing. Why do some feel the need to negate everything, the original reason I posted this thread was just to find out a simple answer to the ship I would be sailing on, not to have it torn all to pieces. You added nothing to this thread what so ever! Okay I'm done with my rant, hope you have a blessed day!

I responded to a specific post that indicated that it seemed there were a lot of open spots on the tour. I wasn't responding specifically to yours. I wasn't trying to negate anything. Just providing a different perspective. Threads once started go in a lot of different directions, no need to rant just because it didn't go the way you wanted it to. I am usually rather easy going, but sheesh.

Well I will only say that all of your comments were in fact negative, and I wasn't expecting the post to go any certain way when I started it. It was a simple question with which you added nothing to. When I respond to a post it's to provide factual information to try and help someone not to put personal bias into the situation.