Tipping ettiquete on board a ship

qek585

Just wait.

There will be lots more comments from folks proud to announce everyone they will tip every day, in their life.

Come on folks, lets hear it all over again. Its been a week. :eek:

I hope someone says they remove all the tips because .20 an hour is enough for 3rd world help. WHERE THE HECK IS MY FREE POPCORN!!!!!!

This post is getting way out of hand methinks. :rolleyes:

Anyways, thank you all for your replies. They are much appreciated. It's seems with the tip I gave with my drink, plus the auto-gratuity, plus the $13 charge, I basically triple-tipped. No wonder they were so attentive...

Not to cause an uproar on tipping protocol but this is the first time i have incurred this situation...im not cruising until jan 2016 but i booked when the free promo ubp included tips of 15 percent. Since the gratuity is now 18 percent will i get billed the difference or am i expected to tip extra?

No extra charge.

Now what the staff get is another question.

It's seems with the tip I gave with my drink, plus the auto-gratuity, plus the $13 charge, I basically triple-tipped. No wonder they were so attentive...

No, you did not triple-tip. It is stated clearly in the FAQ (links in my first reply earlier in this thread) that bar staff is not covered by the service charge. Their gratuities are paid with the auto-gratuity added to every bar bill.

Edited by Demonyte

This post is getting way out of hand methinks. :rolleyes:

Anyways, thank you all for your replies. They are much appreciated. It's seems with the tip I gave with my drink, plus the auto-gratuity, plus the $13 charge, I basically triple-tipped. No wonder they were so attentive...

No, you just double tipped, as the bar servers are not included in the DSC.

i still think kids in the same room should be 1/2 price

$50 bucks per day per family is kind of steep.

good thing i got a great deal with kids go free and the UBP:cool:

My favorite post this week, kids are free and free booze and then complain about tipping for the kids!! Amazing!:rolleyes:

Just to make it perfectly clear about the diapers. The numbers on the outside of the box indicates the weight of the child, not the amount of poop they hold.

I thought it was the recommended number of days you could go before they had to be changed.

YMMV

Edited by BamaVol