Bottle water

JMO -- but I see no reason to haul bottled water onto any ship.

The ships water is better than what we get at home.

There was another thread on this recently, and it does not matter if you see no reason to bring water onboard, others do. And for myself, as stated in the other thread, we have great tap water at home, and I dislike the taste of the water on the ship.

There was another thread on this recently, and it does not matter if you see no reason to bring water onboard, others do. And for myself, as stated in the other thread, we have great tap water at home, and I dislike the taste of the water on the ship.

I rather imagine the additional information was given as a courtesy, not a lecture. There are many first time cruisers who think they need to bring bottled water on long vacations (for various reasons), and those of use who've cruised before know that the water onboard (for many of us) is just fine.

I filled up my refillable water bottle with water off the ship but I did not like it. Fresh it was fine, but after sitting in the bottles over the course of the day the water began to smell.

Hmmm.... sounds like your bottle needed to be cleaned out.

I rather imagine the additional information was given as a courtesy, not a lecture. There are many first time cruisers who think they need to bring bottled water on long vacations (for various reasons), and those of use who've cruised before know that the water onboard (for many of us) is just fine.

Exactly. The op may not be aware of the quality of the water. It's too bad so many things are immediately taken offence to.

Exactly ... No lecture ... Just saying the tap water on ships is very safe and works great for many of us. :)

HINT: Add ice to cool it down! ;)

LuLu

Exactly ... No lecture ... Just saying the tap water on ships is very safe and works great for many of us. :)

HINT: Add ice to cool it down! ;)

LuLu

And no lecture in telling anyone that it is not to everyone'so taste. ;)

Thank you all for your responses.

We enjoy taking a chilled water bottle on our excursions, and I take my meds before going out in the morning with a water bottle too. I also will mix up a low calorie additive to make lemonade and such. We enjoy this convenience vs. a big water bottle. My husband is a big soda drinker and having the water bottles encourages more water vs. soda. :)

Thank you all for your responses.

We enjoy taking a chilled water bottle on our excursions, and I take my meds before going out in the morning with a water bottle too. I also will mix up a low calorie additive to make lemonade and such. We enjoy this convenience vs. a big water bottle. My husband is a big soda drinker and having the water bottles encourages more water vs. soda. :)

I see that you are on the Veendam in an inside cabin from your countdown clock. Those cabins do not have a mini bar cooler. If you want your water chilled you will need to rent a fridge or figure some way to chill your water.

I see that you are on the Veendam in an inside cabin from your countdown clock. Those cabins do not have a mini bar cooler. If you want your water chilled you will need to rent a fridge or figure some way to chill your water.

For our wine bottles, we requested ice in a bucket each day. Our room steward always replenished the bucket each day for us with the bottle planted inside it. We came back each day to a nice, chilled bottle of wine.

Since I did not care for the taste/smell of the water in the water bottles I used (I reused plastic bottles I bought from stores off ship), I will next time take a bottle that is fitted with a filter. That should remedy any smell/taste issues in the future. I use them at home and really like them.

We just upgraded to an OceanView Cabin. Those do not have a fridge either right?