Roll calls a mess

yyjguy

The roll calls for this board are a real mess and it is very time consuming and frustrating to scroll through pages and pages looking for your ship and date. However, if you go to Princess or Holland boards it is so simple. Select your ship, and the roll calls for that vessel come in chronological order. It takes seconds to find your sailing. Time to get our roll calls set up in a similar manner!

I certainly agree with you!.....

How do we get your post recognized by the CC moderator? Perhaps if they read this they can get their IT people to consider the improvement.

Thanks for posting!

Safe travels to all! :)

It can get extremely challenging to find the roll calls for your sailing. As much as you're not supposed to, I tend to bump my own one up with a count down every few weeks to keep it fresh! :)

Hopefully the CC folks will listen but since our area of the forum is small I don't know if they will. Good luck! :)

It can get extremely challenging to find the roll calls for your sailing. As much as you're not supposed to, I tend to bump my own one up with a count down every few weeks to keep it fresh! :)

Hopefully the CC folks will listen but since our area of the forum is small I don't know if they will. Good luck! :)

Haha, we do the same thing (sorry, Cruise Critic!) But it's a very poor layout and there should be quite a bit of improvement!

Michael

But it's a very poor layout and there should be quite a bit of improvement!

In the not too distant past the regular roll calls were also not that easy too find, they only changed it recently. And yes, the activity on the gay roll calls is much less than on other roll calls.

Its really not difficult at all. Just go to the G&L roll call forum, and enter your ship's name into the search field. Voila!

Although I have to say I have has zero luck in getting anyone to post any responses. I have started a roll call in the G&L roll call forum for the last several years and got nothing. While the regular roll calls seem to go along quite well.

Only once have I ever had a relatively active roll call in the G&L roll calls, and that was for a sailing of Oasis several years ago. We did end up meeting the one guy at the meet & mingle, and were on an excursion he also took, but that was it. Usually the G&L roll calls are nearly inactive.

Its really not difficult at all. Just go to the G&L roll call forum, and enter your ship's name into the search field. Voila!

Although I have to say I have has zero luck in getting anyone to post any responses. I have started a roll call in the G&L roll call forum for the last several years and got nothing. While the regular roll calls seem to go along quite well.

Do you advertise that you are LGBT on the regular roll call?

I have had the same experience for G&L Roll Calls. Kind of disappointing.

However, we never seem to miss meeting other GLBT persons once on board. It's really, really odd - it's like some kind of weird cosmic magnet. On our first cruise, our MDR waiter introduced us to his boyfriend. On our last cruise we ran into the same group of passengers at least 5 times a day. It seemed that every time we turned around, there they were. Hey wait a minute, now that I think about... it's kind of creepy. :D

I have had the same experience for G&L Roll Calls. Kind of disappointing.

However, we never seem to miss meeting other GLBT persons once on board. It's really, really odd - it's like some kind of weird cosmic magnet. On our first cruise, our MDR waiter introduced us to his boyfriend. On our last cruise we ran into the same group of passengers at least 5 times a day. It seemed that every time we turned around, there they were. Hey wait a minute, now that I think about... it's kind of creepy. :D

It's called gaydar. :D

Do you advertise that you are LGBT on the regular roll call?

We've met a few on Celebrity on the GLBT roll call, but find it's much easier to mention on the regular roll call area. Never had an issue with this. Actually found some "supposedly" straight married guys surprisingly gay curious. They always love my Chinese spouse. Seems it's true.."Everyone loves the Asian guy"!

• 1 month later...

One only has to look at this site today, and see that they manner in which you have the ROLL CALLS set up, is just not working. I once again ask that you do what other boards on Cruise Critic have done, and organized the roll calls in such a fashion that you can quickly zero is on your 1-cruise line 2-cruise ship 3- then date of your sailing. Every person I know that is going on cruises have simply given up with this feature. Who wants to scroll through page after page looking for a random roll call for your ship and date.

The Princess and Holland boards have this arrangement and it works fantastic. It is time to have it here!!

Great idea, I also bump my up. It seems I spend more time finding something thing, then the time I'm cruising.:eek:

Agreed about the awkward layout/design, and agreed to the concept of bumping up to get more attention.