how do you feel about sea days?

The comments about how sea days are so relaxing and don't make you feel rushed make me laugh - Well, maybe not laugh, but certainly smirk!

The crowds EVERYWHERE are exhausting! The waiting in lines for food, bathrooms, elevators, loungers at the pool and the list goes on is certainly not worthy of loving sea days.

Relaxing in my cabin, on my veranda is perfect for sea days.....but, I don't vacation on a luxury liner to be made to feel like a prisoner and only find relaxation in my cabin or to have to line-up and wait, wait, wait!!!

I love the sea, I love cruising so I must have a combo package of not too many sea days! My next cruise is 2 weeks; it starts with 3 sea days [Oy!], 4 port days [Yay!]. A sea day [perfect], 3 port days [terrific] and ends with 2 sea days......[these will be needed and looked forward to!]

Edited by wizard-of-roz

I do not care for sea days. I'd be ok with just 1.

Mainly because without any of the pools having stairs, I cannot use them. My bad knees do not allow for climbing a ladder. So after the first sea day of doing all the inside things, I do not want to do them again.

Just off the Freedom, my 1st cruise. My family really didn't care for sea days. As someone posted, lines are long, pools & lido are packed. There wasn't much to do until after 4, then the crowds thinned out with dinner & shows. Port days kept us busy during the day & then we enjoyed evening & nights on the ship.

Are we strange in that our family loves sea days? I see it as a time for us all to get together and we play cards or games. My husband love to sit and watch the water go by. I find it more relaxing that running around on excursions.

Sea days are the best. You don't have to get up or be anywhere, when in port you feel obligated to do something. I choose itineraries with more sea days and less ports. :D

To me sea days make a cruise. If I just wanted port days I would just go there. My feeling is why cruise without sea days.

We had a chance to see 3 different islands in a week. But after my 1st cruise last week, I found that I didn't want to leave the islands. Time on the islands was way too short.

Edited by hfj17002

I think sea days are fine. I like port days as well. On our last cruise, we never left the ship when in port. That was fine with me.

I could never do a Trans-Atlantic because if I wanted to get off the ship on day 3, I couldn't. A 7 day cruise to nowhere, would never be my cup of tea. I need to know I could get off if I wanted to.

I guess I'm the odd man out here....:o:o

I DO like my sea days, but I appreciate them more after 2 or 3 port days.

I don't think I could do an 8 night cruise to nowhere.:o

But last year on our 8 night Breeze cruise, we left Saturday, sea day on Sunday, and then ports Mon-Thur, and 2 sea days on the way back. Those were much appreciated, as we'd been "GOING" for those 4 days.:D:D

I agree, I think sea days after heavy port days back to back are good. I am doing that cruise on the Breeze to the Southern Caribbean. It will be the most sea days for us. I would rather one sea day to start and one sea day to end. But I do love cruising so I am sure it will be awesome! This time we have a balcony too so I intend to sleep in eat breakfast on the balcony and enjoy that I am on vacation.

We like to read, tan and people watch so enjoy sea days.

As for crowds we just eat later than others or just pick here and there

Need a good weather day though, bad weather and I can see a boring day

The ship is way to busy on a sea day. I don't hate them but depending on what you want to do it can be a pain. Being in port is great. We get off the ship and usually are back on within a couple hours, some ports we stay on board. We have done most excursions that we like years ago. The pools are empty the hot tubs are empty it doesn't get any better. Easy to sit at a bar and have a drink.

We love sea days! I never notice the lines so I guess we either go at off times or I'm just too busy people watching to notice the wait.

I could also love port days, especially at ports that I've already visited & don't really care if I get off the ship.

Are we strange in that our family loves sea days? I see it as a time for us all to get together and we play cards or games. My husband love to sit and watch the water go by. I find it more relaxing that running around on excursions.

Not at all, if they had a cruise that stopped no where, I would be fine with it. Sea days are what I cruise for.

We just did the 7 day Southern cruise from San Juan with 1 sea day and that was enough for us. IMO, everything you can do on a sea day, you can do when the ship is in port. We cruise for the ports. We get back on the ship by 4pm relax and eat dinner at 8:15pm, that's perfect for us. Less sea days.

We love sea days! I never notice the lines so I guess we either go at off times or I'm just too busy people watching to notice the wait.

I could also love port days, especially at ports that I've already visited & don't really care if I get off the ship.

On our last trip to Bermuda we got off the ship a couple of times but basically stayed aboard. Pools are empty. Ship is quiet. Nice.

We usually do excursions in each port, so we love sea days! It gives us a nice chance to relax and enjoy the ship's amenities. We also love the Sea Day brunch and afternoon tea, which are both only available on sea days.

On our spring break cruise this year we only had 1 sea day and 5 ports and were totally worn out at the end of our vacation! We wished we had more sea days on that one. :)