Purchased Spa Pass Early!?

amshowers

Our cruise is 2 weeks from tomorrow on the Getaway. I was going over our documents on the NCL website and while looking at the Vacation Planner I noticed that I could purchase spa passes and that they were $179 for the week instead of $199. I was planning on getting them on board, but went ahead and purchased.

Has anyone else been able to do this? If anyone is sailing soon and wanted a spa pass you may want to look into it. Just thought it was interesting/unusual. :)

Nice catch! I think a lot of people have been waiting for NCL to offer these and similar extras for advance purchase, instead of making them first-come first-served on embarkation day. I think they are going to try to get stricter about assigned boarding times, so this will be good news for people who want a spa pass but can't board until later.

Just bought the spa passes today for DH and me for our July 19th BA sailing! We are so happy this was an option to purchase in advance, and needless to say the savings was an added bonus!

Just like an above poster did, I also pre-paid the DSC at the old rate. For the 4 of us we saved just under $28 on the DSC, and for DH and me we saved $40 on both of the spa passes. :)

Proud Dance Mom - I would start looking as soon as you can make dining & entertainment reservations. It is located under the spa tab on the vacation summary. I'm not sure when it became available, because I was just finishing up the paperwork for our cruise today and saw it. I think it was a lucky catch. I didn't see anything for Vibe passes, but maybe they will make those available in the future as well.

$179 per person. Normally $199 per person. This was for a 7 day cruise on the Getaway. Might be different depending on ship & length of time. Not a lot of savings, but nice to be able to purchase ahead of time.

Today I was able to book dining and entertainment

Exactly how many days out and what time on that date is it available to start reservations? Can't remember, it's been over 1 1/2 years since I cruised. Thanks in advance.

Wendy

oops, just saw that it was 90 days but what time of the day is it available????

Edited by xray121995

Newflover - the "Thermal Suite" pass is the spa pass. I think we all are in the habit of calling it the "spa" pass.

As far as I can tell the sale of the passes is new. When I booked my dinner reservations 2 months ago it wasn't available, but when I looked today, 2 weeks out it was, but it sounds like others are seeing it available for their cruises which are further out.

Our cruise is 2 weeks from tomorrow on the Getaway. I was going over our documents on the NCL website and while looking at the Vacation Planner I noticed that I could purchase spa passes and that they were $179 for the week instead of $199. I was planning on getting them on board, but went ahead and purchased.

Has anyone else been able to do this? If anyone is sailing soon and wanted a spa pass you may want to look into it. Just thought it was interesting/unusual. :)

Yes! And you rock for catching that and posting it. Thanks

Cheers

This is very nice and convenient to be able to purchase the spa pass early.

For those who had been there/done that...can you tell this newbie what all is available in the spa? And what do you wear in the spa? A swimsuit?

Sorry...can you tell I don't pamper myself often. :)

This is very nice and convenient to be able to purchase the spa pass early.

For those who had been there/done that...can you tell this newbie what all is available in the spa? And what do you wear in the spa? A swimsuit?

Sorry...can you tell I don't pamper myself often. :)

Swimsuit so you can enjoy the hot tubs, thermal pool or whatever the correct name is, and my personal favorites the loungers. There are great rain showers too!

Great catch and thank you for posting!

I will now check regularly to get my spa pass for the Escape TA. I hope it will be available :)

I loved the spa on the last TA on the Epic, nice to warm up when the weather's not so nice.

Newflover - The price varies depending on ship and length of cruise. The day and time is just something they have to do for reservation purposes, but the Thermal Suite Pass is unlimited use for the length of your cruise.

OK, I ended up by calling NCL, and they said the normal price for the spa pass for the week on the Pearl was $149, so that would fit with what I'm looking at. I booked it, and like others I am so happy to be able to do that ahead of time. Can I just say that people on Cruise Critic have been a million times more helpful than my travel agent. Thank you so much!

Newflover - The price varies depending on ship and length of cruise. The day and time is just something they have to do for reservation purposes, but the Thermal Suite Pass is unlimited use for the length of your cruise.

I posted before I read your post. Thank you so much!!!!!:):)

Thank you so much! That is why I love this site!!! I would never have thought to check, and I would have stressed about getting to the pier early, as well! I just booked the spa pass for my fall cruise on the Jade. It was at the 20 % discount for booking early on line.:)