E.S question

Bases5

I understand es rules

My question is if I book 3 cabins and pay for them. If someone cancels I know there is a $50 fee

Who get's the rest of the non refundable deposit. Me (who paid) or the person that canceled?

I believe the whole deposit is unrefundable if canceling, and changes allowed for $50.

I know its is non refundable But the rest after the $50 get put on account for future use. I'm wanting to know who's account does it go to. The person that canceled or the person who paid.

I am pretty sure that even though you paid for the cruise, the future cruise credit will go to the person that cancels. I read about this happening to someone just a week or so ago. They were pretty upset.

That would not be good, Thanks

I know its is non refundable But the rest after the $50 get put on account for future use. I'm wanting to know who's account does it go to. The person that canceled or the person who paid.

The Future Cruise Credit (FCC) goes to the person who's name is on the credit card that was used to pay for the booking.

The Future Cruise Credit (FCC) goes to the person who's name is on the credit card that was used to pay for the booking.

I'm getting different answers here and when I called Carnival I hope you you are correct.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2705/kw/Early%20saver

Does*Early*Saver*and*Early*Saver*Last Call follow Carnival’s standard deposit, payment and cancellation terms?

The deposit and payment terms are the same. Guests who cancel prior to the final payment date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit received less a $50*USD*service fee per person.

Future cruise credits are issued in the name of the original payee, regardless of whether they were ever booked in the cancelled reservation. For bookings paid with a travel agency credit card or check, the cruise credit will then be issued in the name of the cancelled guest.

The future cruise credit can only be redeemed on bookings made in*USD*currency, will be applied to guests’ cruise fare, is non-refundable, non-transferable and any used portion will be forfeited.Guests must sail within 24 months from the date of the cancellation.

Edited by ohiogymrat

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2705/kw/Early%20saver

Does*Early*Saver*and*Early*Saver*Last Call follow Carnival’s standard deposit, payment and cancellation terms?

The deposit and payment terms are the same. Guests who cancel prior to the final payment date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit received less a $50*USD*service fee per person.

Future cruise credits are issued in the name of the original payee, regardless of whether they were ever booked in the cancelled reservation. For bookings paid with a travel agency credit card or check, the cruise credit will then be issued in the name of the cancelled guest

The future cruise credit can only be redeemed on bookings made in*USD*currency, will be applied to guests’ cruise fare, is non-refundable, non-transferable and any used portion will be forfeited.Guests must sail within 24 months from the date of the cancellation.

Very Nice Thank You

Apparently only when someone books their own cruise. If booked through a TA, with payment made via the TA's credit card or check, it goes under the name of the guest that cancelled. Hopefully that is not how the OP booked.

Edited by bakersdozen12

I am pretty sure that even though you paid for the cruise, the future cruise credit will go to the person that cancels. I read about this happening to someone just a week or so ago. They were pretty upset.

The credit goes to the person who paid. I used my credit card for the deposit for 3 cabins. One of my daughters and BF canceled before final payment. Carnival kept $100 ($50 pp) and I was able to apply the remaining $400 to a future cruise that I booked after the cancelation. I did have to pay the initial $500 deposit on the new cruise, then the $400 credit was applied, all but paying off the cruise. No additional charge to move people around in the remaining 2 cabins.

One small difficulty I did have. I tried to submit the automated form for the credit twice. Neither time worked because the form is not set up to claim the credit for someone you paid for.

Finally I called and explained my situation and the agent took care of it. You need the original and the new booking numbers.

You cannot use the credit for the people who are still going on the same cruise. It must be a new cruise booked after the cancelation.

Also, about the people in another post, I believe it turned out that those folks in the other post were after final payment date. I did read about an ES complaint this week if it was the one you referred to.

Edited by Hawaiifrank

Apparently only when someone books their own cruise. If booked through a TA, with payment made via the TA's credit card or check, it goes under the name of the guest that cancelled. Hopefully that is not how the OP booked.

That is odd that there is 2 different ways of refunds. It seems silly to me. Depending on how you book should make no difference.

ES is no where near as good as it used to be, we might start looking into other rate's in the future.

No hassle no restruction's It's seem that all the price drops after final payment are guarantee rate's now.

We like certain rooms and don't like switching. So ES is becoming less of a value