Help finding reasonable hotel in Miami with shuttle to Norwegian port next day

Musclengrace

We are scailing on getaway from 2/21 thru 2/28, but we are flying from Boston 2/20 into Miami. Looking for a hotel near port that has shuttle from airport to hotel and hopefully breakfast included. Would be lovely if also had shuttle to port but I figured a taxi I would do. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Looking on Expedia so airfare is included ??? That way the hotel ends up being free!!! With Expedia you don't hAve to stay at hotel the entire length of trip.

Again appreciate any help! Thanks guys

Ellen

We found that it was much less expensive to stay at a hotel out by the airport and take a taxi to the pier the morning of sailing. We stayed at the Marriott for $179 and paid $25.00 for the taxi this year and at the Hyatt House for $125 the year before. Both hotel rates included breakfast.

Both hotels offered a shuttle for a fee, but we hate waiting until they load it up and it also stops at all the ships. We prefer just to grab a taxi and go at our convenience.

Edited by DebJ14

We found that it was much less expensive to stay at a hotel out by the airport and take a taxi to the pier the morning of sailing. We stayed at the Marriott for $179 and paid $25.00 for the taxi this year and at the Hyatt House for $125 the year before. Both hotel rates included breakfast.

Both hotels offered a shuttle for a fee, but we hate waiting until they load it up and it also stops at all the ships. We prefer just to grab a taxi and go at our convenience.

We paid in GBP but I'm sure we paid less than that for March 2016 and its $10 i think for the shuttle. We are having a couple of nights in Miami pre cruise though.

We have booked Hampton inn and suites brickell again for next March. Great hotel and reasonable pricing. Shuttle from hotel to port as well

We've done exactly this twice. Shuttle is easy (there is an incremental cost of $8pp unless you book a rate that is inclusive) & the hotel is clean, has a great included breakfast, and is walking distance to several good options for dinner the night before.

Embassy Suites is near the airport and offers a free shuttle service to the hotel,

Manager's Reception with adult drinks and snacks, Free hot breakfast, shuttle service to near by restaurants and stores within a 3 mile radius from hotel, shuttle service from the hotel to port for a reasonable fee and there is a restaurant within walking distance from the hotel.

Check their website for Cruise Packages that include shuttle service to the port.

Have a great cruise!!

At the airport, we have stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott and The Residence Inn. They run a shuttle for $10 person.

Just book the lowest rate, and they will add on the shuttle. No need for a package

Their shuttle runs 24 7 from the airport. We found some that stopped which didn't work if you had a late flight

Edited by Merriem

We paid in GBP but I'm sure we paid less than that for March 2016 and its $10 i think for the shuttle. We are having a couple of nights in Miami pre cruise though.

We were there around the Easter holiday and rates tend to be higher at holidays.

We have booked Hampton inn and suites brickell again for next March. Great hotel and reasonable pricing. Shuttle from hotel to port as well

This is where we stayed. However, look for the Cruise Critic special and you will save money, plus get free shuttle service. Great hotel, walking distance to eateries. Hampton Inn has a very good breakfast, too.

We stayed at them Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. Free shuttle from the airport and nice strip mall type stores and large grocery store across the street. Great free breakfast in the morning and we used the hotel arranged shuttle to the pier for $10 per person. We were at the pier in about 20 minutes for our cruise on the Getaway. This worked so well for us we have booked same hotel for August trip on Getaway.

A few years ago I drove my own car from Central Florida down to Miami for a one-week cruise. I needed a hotel where I could leave my car, and that provided a shuttle to the port. I booked the Hampton Inn Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables because their rates were reasonable and they offered a park/stay/go package which included a transfer to the port. They were a little out of the way but fine for an overnight stay.

The Element by Westin is a great hotel in Miami, near the airport, PLUS they offer a park and cruise or a shuttle service.

They are a great eco friendly hotel with a great clean modern design, and most, if not all of their rooms have little kitchenettes in them and are SO BIG!

Their free breakfast in the morning is great, they even have fruit smoothies and specialty coffee!

If we stay in Miami, it's always going to be at the element

I stayed there for two nights before my cruise and it is a wonderful location. Very clean room and bath, but they are small. But ... the hotel is right across from Bayside Market with all sorts of shops, restaurants, bars. Also can get the Hop On Hop Off bus tours smack dab across the street. Can also take a boat ride of the Biscayne Bay. I think it was a $10 cab ride to the port, which you can see from your window. There was a shuttle, but lots of people were waiting on it and I probably had blown $10 before getting my eyes open that day, so took the taxi. The hotel breakfast was a little on the high side, but there are other breakfast options just around a block or two away.

When we overnight in Miami for a cruise, we use

MIAMI-INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

1111 SOUTH ROYAL POINCIANA BLVD

MIAMI SPRINGS FL 33166

Front Desk: 1-305-8851941

Price is $120

Also, great for free parking.