Corkage Fee?

This is not true.

Actually, the post to which you responded was completely true. It said that IF there is a corkage fee, it's not really about who opens the bottle; it's about you bringing your own wine into the establishment, rather than ordering from their wine list. Since there's no corkage fee on Royal Caribbean, it's no surprise that you didn't have to pay one. :cool:

• 2 months later...

Just reviving this corkage thread....

It appears RCI still state on their website FAQ's a $25 corkage fee applicable to wine brought on board for consumption in MDR etc. We have just received cruise docs for December also stating this, yet there are consistent "unofficial" reports here that no corkage applies? What is the latest on this?:confused:

It appears RCI still state on their website FAQ's a $25 corkage fee applicable to wine brought on board for consumption in MDR etc. We have just received cruise docs for December also stating this, yet there are consistent "unofficial" reports here that no corkage applies? What is the latest on this?:confused:

Says there is no corkage fees:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=5442&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqType=faq

Certain sections of their website have not been updated. Perhaps the Australian site has not received the updates.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

In this link when you click on the 'back to food & drink', this corkage FAQ does not appear on the list of FAQ's again? Maybe it's just me?

Have asked my TA as my docs state a corkage fee applies.

In this link when you click on the 'back to food & drink', this corkage FAQ does not appear on the list of FAQ's again? Maybe it's just me?

Have asked my TA as my docs state a corkage fee applies.

Trust those that have posted here in this thread including myself who has taken advantage of this twice that there is no longer a corkage fee on Royal.

Travel agents can be just as bad as the reps at Royal, they are simply reading from outdated manuals and websites.

You may be having trouble viewing the US site,

Food & Beverage

Q: Does Royal Caribbean charge a corkage fee?

A:

No. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. No beer or hard liquor may be brought onboard for consumption.

Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops during the cruise vacation will be stored onboard and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing.

Edited by Ourusualbeach