HAL - Browser problem?

Vict0riann

I have a Kindle Fire, got this when I tried to book dinner "These items are unavailable for booking at this time. Please check back later." And now I'm frozen on this page, nothing else comes up like the itinerary page or the excursion page.

Nope, not me, my account still says I'm within 3 days of departure! I got an email from "HalRes" the other day, they said to contact the Shore Excursions team (which I had already done), they regretted the inconvenience. They'll regret more not getting my money for shore excursions!

I was told yesterday afternoon by the Shore Excursion rep that if I EVER wanted to book online again, that I must change my browser to Firefox or Google Chrome. What the ....???

What is wrong with this picture? :eek:

This Customer Service person, whose job includes selling/booking shore excursions, tells the customer they have to make tech changes because HAL has such a problem with their tech department? Perhaps they might figure out this is not mandatory spending, this is a vacation. People should not have aggravation trying to spend their disposable vacation dollars and then be told it's their problem to make tech changes that will suit HAL's messed up wed site. From just the reports in this very short thread, there is little question many HAL cruisers are having this problem yet they make it the customers' problem rather than getting decent techie's in to make changes.

Makes me crazy!

Edited by sail7seas

• 3 weeks later...

Two weeks later and still cannot access "Indulgences" or Excursions. I did call and ordered my stateroom liquor and tried excursions just to see if that also did not work. The message for excursions should be a real problem for HAL since it states that there are NO excursions available for the itinerary -IMO, it's highly unlikely that everything is sold out.

Today, when so much commerce is transacted via the internet, I find it incredibly backward to have these kind of issues. I've tried to access these functions from various computers and browsers, and still have the same issues. Since all worked fine until three weeks ago, it seems apparent that the problem is caused by something that occurred at HAL and they haven't figured out how to fix it.

Edited by margaretlb

I have had no problems booking on my iPad through safari or on my computer through Chrome. Sometimes the whole HAL site gives me grief: freezing, not going to the link I press, etc. I just leave off for an hour and go back. This mostly happens on my iPad but has happened on my computer as well.

I was told yesterday afternoon by the Shore Excursion rep that if I EVER wanted to book online again, that I must change my browser to Firefox or Google Chrome. What the ....???

I've had no problems using Safari on my iMac. But that response sounds totally inappropriate. I'd complain to HAL management about it.

I did finally manage to book a shore excursion using my iPad - but I mentioned the problem we've been having yesterday to my PCC, and she said she would look into it. We were discussing many subjects, though, so I'm not sure if she will remember.