Binoculars?

kmorg1234

We are so excited to be sailing on the Solstice this Friday to Alaska in a Royal Suite, and are wondering if anyone has been in one of these rooms recently. We are wondering whether there are binoculars in the room, or do we we need to pack them? I know that nice binocs are supplied in the suites on RC and Seabourn, but am not sure about X. Does anyone have any info? Or perhaps they are available to borrow from the concierge? My bag is at limit now; would love to not have to bring them if they are available to use on the boat. Thanks!

I was in RS 1607 on the June 19th Solstice sailing. Yes, there are binoculars in the suite, they were in the closet, but I wouldn't say they were "good" binoculars. Something is better than nothing though, I suppose.

The ship's excursions we took that were operated by Allen Marine had good binoculars for guest's use.

Edited by Peppyrmynt

We were in a Celebrity suite early May sailing, and brought our own. The ones in the room were same as in the Penthouse on the Summit last fall and they were tiny and not much use. You should be able to get good bright pair in the $125 range or check with local camera shop about rental for the week before you go. It worth the extra weight and cost.

Enjoy the cruise, we had perfect weather the entire cruise. Food was fantastic in Luminae. Dev and the crew will take great care of you. Only wished we got the promised three meals a day instead of trying figure out if we were getting breakfast or brunch.

Thanks all for the responses! I do have a decent pair here and will take them since the ones on board are obviously pretty useless. And yes, we are very much looking forward to Luminae. BTW, is it worth it at all to eat at Murano or the Tuscan Grill?

Thanks all for the responses! I do have a decent pair here and will take them since the ones on board are obviously pretty useless. And yes, we are very much looking forward to Luminae. BTW, is it worth it at all to eat at Murano or the Tuscan Grill?

Yes, absolutely they're worth it - especially since they're included in your cruise fare for a Royal Suite. I'd advise that you call Celebrity and book them ahead as we had a little trouble getting into Murano - had to take a much later reservation than we'd normally, but it was great! The service is superb.

I also advise making your reservation for Tuscan for the sail out of Skagway. Ours was at 6:30 (departure was 6:00) the scenery was gorgeous and the restaurant is on deck five all the way aft, so you've got the wake of the ship as well as the beautiful Alaskan scenery. Silk Harvest is also worth a visit - we liked them all.

You can always cancel the reservations with 24 hours notice if you decide Luminae just cannot be missed for an evening. ;) Also, Samantha - the Michael's Club concierge - is such a great resource. She can make reservations for you if you don't want to decide before you get onboard.

We bought a set of binos on board for $25 and they are very good. They are also very good for nigt vision. We used them whilst waiting for passengers to come back on board from the tendering debacle in Esperance Australia in February this year. The brand of binos is "Konusarmy" Binocular 8 x 42 W.A.

The ones supplied on board are rubbish