Koningsdam

TraelorMex

Well, it appears that I owe you an apology.:o I just did a dummy booking, and was able to select a cabin. Of course I did not go all the way to the end of the booking, so perhaps it does default to a guarantee, or some other proviso pops up. But evidently, my PCC is wrong. I haven't hear back from her yet.... and she is wrong, I believe on another issue where she insists that my FCD onboard credit is not combinable with the ZPN welcome back OBC. So far my experience with a PCC is not that good, to say the least.

I'd request a new PCC immediately. Or use a non HAL-paid TA.

Your current PCC doesn't deserve your booking compensation.

I'd request a new PCC immediately. Or use a non HAL-paid TA.

Your current PCC doesn't deserve your booking compensation.

I am about to transfer to a TA. I thought I would give a PCC a chance; this is the second one - the first one was worse:eek:. I just give up, and I really see no advantage at all. The TA is giving me additional OBC for the cruise anyway. I have found it no easier to reach this PCC than to reach my old TA, in fact harder. I just caught her before she left the office at 12:30 pm, and is not back until Monday (holiday in the US), and she still had not answered my questions. I waited all last week because she was away then, to get some info. So I give up, but I tried.

We're booked for May 2016 cruise from Rome to Amsterdam. I love being able to book it online and not have to speak to someone that cannot (or will not) find the cabin I want.

Looking forward to being on the christening cruise!! :D

There is an active roll call for this cruise. We would love for you to join us. Click http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2164336 to go to our roll call thread and read about the plans we are all making for this very special itinerary.

Started to choose a vista but saw that the sofa is away from windows and we like that configuration so changed to a veranda and saved $600 each. Couldn't

see what the extra charge was worth the extra $$.

In our case, we started looking at a veranda and decided on a Vista Suite for these reasons:

1. Price differential for an aft cabin on the Schubert deck for a 10 day Novemebr 2016 cruise was only $336 Canadian total, not each. So well under $150 USD each.

2. The Vista Suites are eligible for double days under the Mariner program.

3. Bigger cabin, 230 square feet versus 174.

4. Some (very) minor perks.

• 3 weeks later...
Booked for 2/19/17 with a confirmed cabin. Or did you really mean spring which I think would just be the last cruise announced, 3/22/17?

Roy

We are also booked for Feb 19, 2017. We have a confirmed Neptune suite. The price has gone up $800 pp since we booked!

• 4 weeks later...

Just browsing the HAL site for some ideas for 2016/2017. Had a look at some Northern Europe cruises on the Koningsdam. Went to look at cabins and I am very disappointed at the no. of SS cabins on this ship. They are all mid-ships with very narrow verandahs by the look of the deck plan. Not many SA's either.