Koningsdam

TraelorMex

Interested in feedback re Koningsdam. Thinking of a future cruise and would love to hear from people recently on this ship (and yes I did check the cruise critic review site...no reviews as of yet). Thanks in advance.

Koningsdam's first cruise will not be until next year.

Absolutely correct. April of 2016 to be exact. But there is a couple of threads just down the board with a few thoughts about the new ship, it's features and other intel. Just a quick search away.

Interested in feedback re Koningsdam. Thinking of a future cruise ......

I think your plans of doing a cruise in the future will work in perfectly with the Koningsdam's plans of sailing in the future.

PS: I'm booked for July; I'll let you know.

Edited by Opua Kiwi

I would have been shocked had you found any reviews. :D

She looks like she'll be a stunning ship with lots of nice features.

Many of us are eager to see her, hear about and sail her.

I am looking at booking for Spring 2017, but my PCC says all categories are guarantees only at this point.

We're booked for mid-November 2016 with a confirmed cabin, so I'm surprised that they are only offering guarantees for the following Spring.

I am looking at booking for Spring 2017, but my PCC says all categories are guarantees only at this point.

We booked a February 2017 cruise and have chosen our cabin.

We booked a 14 day, but the cabins were all in the 2-7 day cruise buckets.

Our PCC just had to have them moved from the 7 day cruises to the 14 day cruise.

Hopefully, they will let you choose the cabin soon.

Booked for 2/19/17 with a confirmed cabin. Or did you really mean spring which I think would just be the last cruise announced, 3/22/17?

Roy

As discussed on another Koningsdam thread, we are booked on the March 12, 2017 cruise, with GTYs only be allowed.

Edited by CruiserBruce

As discussed on another Koningsdam thread, we are booked on the March 12, 2017 cruise, with GTYs only be allowed.

Interesting. I did a dummy booking for this cruise, including accommodation selection, and had no difficulty selecting a specific cabin.

Interesting. I did a dummy booking for this cruise, including accommodation selection, and had no difficulty selecting a specific cabin.

Very interesting. The Hal PCC told me yesterday that only guarantee bookings are available. I will immediately email her to tell her she is wrong.

Very interesting. The Hal PCC told me yesterday that only guarantee bookings are available. I will immediately email her to tell her she is wrong.

As silly as it might seem, I wonder if it might have anything to do with the Canadian website functioning somewhat differently. I seem to recall a thread about a year ago where we were getting different results than CC members in the US. Lord knows they have lots of other problems with the website! :(

First of all, a big thanx to all for NOT pointing out what a dumb question this was. Second, will have to be a more discriminating reader of the shiny new brochures..;)

Don't worry about it. Everyone makes mistakes.

Try selecting a SB cabin for the 21 day cruise departing Mar 12, 2017. I just tried again, and I got some new funky stuff, but no indication I could select the cabin I wanted.

As silly as it might seem, I wonder if it might have anything to do with the Canadian website functioning somewhat differently. I seem to recall a thread about a year ago where we were getting different results than CC members in the US. Lord knows they have lots of other problems with the website! :(

Well, it appears that I owe you an apology.:o I just did a dummy booking, and was able to select a cabin. Of course I did not go all the way to the end of the booking, so perhaps it does default to a guarantee, or some other proviso pops up. But evidently, my PCC is wrong. I haven't hear back from her yet.... and she is wrong, I believe on another issue where she insists that my FCD onboard credit is not combinable with the ZPN welcome back OBC. So far my experience with a PCC is not that good, to say the least.

Well, it appears that I owe you an apology.:o I just did a dummy booking, and was able to select a cabin. Of course I did not go all the way to the end of the booking, so perhaps it does default to a guarantee, or some other proviso pops up. But evidently, my PCC is wrong. I haven't hear back from her yet.... and she is wrong, I believe on another issue where she insists that my FCD onboard credit is not combinable with the ZPN welcome back OBC. So far my experience with a PCC is not that good, to say the least.

I have to say that we have been happy with the PCC assigned to us. He is always willing to check out any questions I might have and knows who to ask. He has also added the 'return cruiser' credit to our bookings without me having to ask or even checking the time since our last cruise.

I guess it does make a difference which PCC you are working with. Hope you get things worked out with her. You are allowed to ask for a different PCC if you aren't happy with the current one, just a thought.

Just got off the phone with our TA. Our booking has been changed from a SB GTY to the Aft balcony we sought. Taken care of.

Glad to hear it. I just VPN'd to the US website and again had no problem with a dummy booking. I stopped one step shy of giving payment details, and I'm sure that something would has arisen before then if they weren't going to allow me to continue with the chosen cabin.

Lizzie68, no need for apologies! :) As OVgirl says, you should consider changing your PCC.