Lobster

Zevo

For sure, won't find these on any ship. We had quite a seafood & BBQ feast on land plus plenty of pasta with garlic bread. uploadfromtaptalk1435955172425.jpg.e63344d7378bc85afaa179bc117a8ff5.jpg

But, $6 a lb. for NE lobster is very good as they are in short supply this season, still over $10 per lb here in NY for fresh ones in the 1.5 to 2 lb range, uncooked.

sent from my Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk

Edited by mking8288

Always have found something good in the MDRs and good service too:)

Me too....there is always something on the menu that is YUMMY!!! The only thing my DH or I have ever gotten that was bad is the MDR steak. They are quite thin and hard to cook rare/med rare. LeBistro's steak is off the chain!!

That has been the only complaint either of us has ever had.

Plus, if you don't like your first entrée....try another!

For sure, won't find these on any ship. We had quite a seafood & BBQ feast on land plus plenty of pasta with garlic bread. [ATTACH]354556[/ATTACH]

But, $6 a lb. for NE lobster is very good as they are in short supply this season, still over $10 per lb here in NY for fresh ones in the 1.5 to 2 lb range, uncooked.

sent from my Nexus 5/7 MD via Tapatalk

Nice! Enjoy! May I have another price of corn please? Yum!

Nice! Enjoy! May I have another price of corn please? Yum!

Sure can, this place on City Island (Bronx, NY) is excellent, worth the bridge toll for 6 of us to travel - just 25 minutes from us, ordered 2 orders of "feast for two" and enough for 6, with leftover to take home. Lobster bake was just $26 per huge order ... if NCL would price match it, lol.

uploadfromtaptalk1435956915480.jpg.be86b4eef43ba78b75ceb975d9c5fceb.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435956936593.jpg.0b8206da089b1f72282a3ff6e445c0a7.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1435956949972.jpg.675eb226080cc1d1f8e45a9f05d5ddc7.jpg

Nevermind the sweet corn, we even got extra free garlic bread & blueberry muffin to take home with. They also do a great all seafood feast for the same price & soft shell crabs are coming soon - yeah !!! Definitely worth that 20% cash tipping to our waitress with the freebies & excellent service.

Edited by mking8288

Sure can, this place on City Island (Bronx, NY) is excellent, worth the bridge toll for 6 of us to travel - just 25 minutes from us, ordered 2 orders of "feast for two" and enough for 6, with leftover to take home. Lobster bake was just $26 per huge order ... if NCL would price match it, lol.

[ATTACH]354557[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]354558[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]354559[/ATTACH]

Nevermind the sweet corn, we even got extra free garlic bread & blueberry muffin to take home with. They also do a great all seafood feast for the same price & soft shell crabs are coming soon - yeah !!! Definitely worth that 20% cash tipping to our waitress with the freebies & excellent service.

Can you give a clue to the name of the place? I want to go there!!

ETA: Found it with the clues you already gave! Thanks.

Edited by ncklhaus

Can you give a clue to the name of the place? I want to go there!! ETA: Found it with the clues you already gave! Thanks.

Great, there are quite a # of them along the main road on City Island -Sammy is at the far end and much more expensive (and, not as generous with all the freebies ... you will "die" with those yummy garlic bread, unlimited - just ask for more) this "L ... House" is off to the left as you come off the small bridge - make a quick left as you should see their white building & sign, 5 minutes from Bronx's Orchard Beach and very close to Co-op City's huge Bay Plaza Mall - prices are excellent & they have some lunch specials. GPS - 691 Bridge St. City Island, NY. For out-of-towners without a car - it's accessible via MTA, take the #6 subway to the last stop @ Pelham Bay, transfer & look for bus to the City Island downstairs.

"Warning" - they pack your "unfinished" portion in an aluminum pan to go, free - the side of linguine (red or white sauce) is a meal by itself. It's one of the best kept "secret" among locals - place is packed on weekend evenings, even with reservations - not necessary, but ...

(In your case, take the CIP to the T.Neck Bridge for the NET/I-95 North, exit for Orchard Beach/City Island - passing the golf course & slow over the small bridge, quick left onto Bridge Street - valet parking only for their private lot & pier docking for boaters ... bon appetit)

Edited by mking8288

Hard shell Maine lobster was on sale this week around Boston $5.99 per #.

Wow! That is awesome. My parents were looking just at lobster tails at local retailer here last week and they wanted $39.99 per pound! What?!? They found them elsewhere for $14.99/pound. $5.99 is a steal!

Wow! That is awesome. My parents were looking just at lobster tails at local retailer here last week and they wanted $39.99 per pound! What?!? They found them elsewhere for $14.99/pound. $5.99 is a steal!

Yup. Cooked them on the Fourth. To die for!! Unfortunately none of the cruise lines ever seem to have good Maine lobsters. In fact I don't think they are ever supplied with Maine lobsters. [emoji26][emoji26]

Yup. Cooked them on the Fourth. To die for!! Unfortunately none of the cruise lines ever seem to have good Maine lobsters. In fact I don't think they are ever supplied with Maine lobsters. [emoji26][emoji26]

Dawn had Maine lobster for a couple weeks only back a season or two.

September 5th, 2012, 12:12 PM

Got Tequila?

10,000+ Club

NCL to buy 5000 pounds of Maine lobster for the DAWN in Portland

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mai...k3J/story.html

Looks like NCL will be offering real/fresh Maine Lobster on the DAWN this Fall when they stop in Portland.

Margaret....who's got the cruise "bug"

SKY 2/23/02

SKY 2/9/03

SEA 4/17/04

Edited by biker@sea

Sept 2012? That's 3 years ago...

If the menus being posted are up to date then it looks like LeBistro has lobster on the menu, but you have to pay an extra $10 above cover charge for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got Tequila?

10,000+ Club

NCL to buy 5000 pounds of Maine lobster for the DAWN in Portland

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mai...k3J/story.html

Looks like NCL will be offering real/fresh Maine Lobster on the DAWN this Fall when they stop in Portland.

Margaret....who's got the cruise "bug"

SKY 2/23/02

SKY 2/9/03

SEA 4/17/04

It does not say it will be included, probably have a surcharge the way things are going.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app