Steaks at Terrace Grill question.

kimanjo

I'm with Winner Don ... that hasn't happened yet. Come to think of it, Howard hasn't changed his preference either. He always preferred his meat medium as opposed to "bleu" ...

Mura

Thicker steaks would probably take too long to grill.

Don is very correct... the steaks at Terrace and Waves are thin cut 3/8" for fast service.... on the equipment. In polo they have both high-heat salamanders and grills built for 1 -1/4/ to1-1-1/2 "cuts ( 56,000 btu) All the other stations are for lite stuff ... If I remember all meat comes on precut and packed by professional supplier's.

All one has to do is tour the food storage deck and see how tight thing are and how space is very limited.. lots of pre prep stuff needs to be brought on. So no hand cut custom possible with limited staff as well. And...stuff has to get loaded according to the date it will be needed. Which is pretty amazing to do....

While it never hurts to ask, I was surprised earlier this year when I asked for an alternative to the sorbet on offer in the MDR. My request was for any fruit sorbet. The waiter disappeared for a little while and came back to say no! Obviously not as easy a request to fulfil as I thought,

PS It didn't stop me going back to the MDR :D.

They make each day's sorbet early in the day. They only make one flavor at a time. They have a pretty good idea how much to make. If there is any left over, it goes to Waves or the Terrace for lunch the next day.

Sorbet is my "Go To" dessert (one of the reasons I tend to lose a little weight on cruises). But, there are certain flavors I don't like -- anything with coconut, for example. So, I often pass on dessert.

Funny story -- my absolute favorite is Lemon Sorbet. Once, in a specialty restaurant (where they typically don't mention the sorbets, but you can get them if you ask), I inquired about the flavor of the day. With an answer of "Lemon", I requested two scoops! When it came, it was brown -- and a tiny taste wrinkled my nose. A different server was near by, and I asked, "What's this, please?" He replied, "Lemon Iced Tea sorbet, sir..." Any tea or coffee is my ultimate dislike...sigh.

You are such a fount of knowledge, Don. I never even thought of that since I don't make my own sorbet. I just thought they'd keep a selection in the freezer since I'd seen a variety of flavours on board. Space wise what they do makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

I can imagine your dismay when faced with Lemon Iced Tea sorbet. I'm a very keen tea drinker but I've never really taken to iced tea.