250th Anniversary Crossing

babs135

Having missed out on all the fun of the 175th Anniversary celebrations, the eastbound voyage of the Queen Mary 2 will be her 250th crossing. Do you think there will be fireworks, etc when we leave New York?

I want fireworks, Red Arrows, the whole thing :D:D

Seriously, if there are any celebrations when would they be announced?

There's already a thread on the 175th Anniversary:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2228907

There might be more information added there as it becomes available. There was recently an update on the festivities planned for Halifax.

Couldn't find any mention of the November crossing. Mind you I'm not concentrating fully as I'm watching the TV as well so I may well have missed something- wouldn't be the first time :o

Sorry, I got it wrong as I wasn't counting. The 250th crossing is an 8-day EB Nov. 25-Dec 2.

For the 200th there was a special sail up to the Statue of Liberty. It might also have been a chance for Cunard to get updated images of the Manhattan skyline with the Freedom Tower. Hard to say what might be planned as sail away will be after sunset at that time of the year.

Sorry, I got it wrong as I wasn't counting. The 250th crossing is an 8-day EB Nov. 25-Dec 2.

For the 200th there was a special sail up to the Statue of Liberty. It might also have been a chance for Cunard to get updated images of the Manhattan skyline with the Freedom Tower. Hard to say what might be planned as sail away will be after sunset at that time of the year.

That would have been nice to see,. Being night for the sail away, would they have any fireworks planned?

On first reading I had a mental image of the QM2 somehow sailing UP the Statue of Liberty :D

On first reading I had a mental image of the QM2 somehow sailing UP the Statue of Liberty :D

Hmmm, now that could mean you might need a quick trip to the shrink for a tune up?? :eek: :D

Hmmm, now that could mean you might need a quick trip to the shrink for a tune up?? :eek: :D

Or that they really need a holiday.:D

I definitely need a cruise :D November is a long way ahead and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms at the lack of a break of any sort before then. That's probably why I saw the QM2 scaling the Statue of Liberty :D:D

I definitely need a cruise :D November is a long way ahead and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms at the lack of a break of any sort before then. That's probably why I saw the QM2 scaling the Statue of Liberty :D:D

Perhaps a ferry across to France or Ireland or the like would suffice until then.:p

I can't take a cruise right now. Family health issues. I started watching YouTube vids of the history of liners and others with cruise/voyages on the old liners. It will have to do for now. And of course I have been working on my World Cruise Account. Building quite nicely. I have 10 yrs till I retire but by then there will be enough for several circumnavigations. Something to look forward to.

I can't take a cruise right now. Family health issues. I started watching YouTube vids of the history of liners and others with cruise/voyages on the old liners. It will have to do for now. And of course I have been working on my World Cruise Account. Building quite nicely. I have 10 yrs till I retire but by then there will be enough for several circumnavigations. Something to look forward to.

Great plan, I hope the health issues are resolved and you get to take those cruises.:D