Boston

We will be in Boston off the Liberty of the Seas in August. I have been reading about a cruise line shuttle service from Black Falcon to Faneuil Hall. Does RCCl provide this service, and for what price?

royalboy, there is public transpo like the T that is about 2.65 each way. check mbta.com and it will have exact drop-offs. it does have a pick up right at the terminal but may require tranfers. we are using it to get to fenway and also back to the freedom trail. even if you take the T, and doesn't drop off exactly there but close, it is probably cheaper then a cab or the cruise lines transfer

i have also read somewhere, that it may only be about a 2 mile walk, 20 minute walk to get there but not sure if this is correct

We will be in Boston off the Liberty of the Seas in August. I have been reading about a cruise line shuttle service from Black Falcon to Faneuil Hall. Does RCCl provide this service, and for what price?

Here is a great link for you, you have many options. I am not sure about a cruise line shuttle. I personally would take the silver line trolley. I live here and find that to be the most efficient unless you can walk. Boston is a walking city and very easy to get around on foot.

http://www.boston-discovery-guide.com/black-falcon-cruise-terminal-to-faneuil-hall.html

Silver line at the pier to South Station. Red line to Park Street. Park street is the Boston common. From there, you can walk along the freedom trail and see some sights walk towards Boston City hall (the ugliest most brutal concrete building ever, past city hall down the stairs and faneuil hall is right across the street.

Or at Park street you can take the green line to Haymarket, which is a little behind faneuil hall, and across the highway(there are stop lights and cross walks) is the North end where the best pastry and italian food are.

Silver line at the pier to South Station. Red line to Park Street. Park street is the Boston common. From there, you can walk along the freedom trail and see some sights walk towards Boston City hall (the ugliest most brutal concrete building ever, past city hall down the stairs and faneuil hall is right across the street.

Or at Park street you can take the green line to Haymarket, which is a little behind faneuil hall, and across the highway(there are stop lights and cross walks) is the North end where the best pastry and italian food are.

Here is the route you describe (Silver line, Red line, Green line) on MBTA's Trip Planner.

Cash fare is $2.65/pp (2 Children under the age of twelve ride for free per paying adult).

You can pick up a Charlie Card @ South Station when you transfer from the Silver line to the Red line which will make subsequent trips $2.10/pp.

Here is the route you describe (Silver line, Red line, Green line) on MBTA's Trip Planner.

Cash fare is $2.65/pp (2 Children under the age of twelve ride for free per paying adult).

You can pick up a Charlie Card @ South Station when you transfer from the Silver line to the Red line which will make subsequent trips $2.10/pp.

Unfortunately, you can't get a Charlie Card at South Station without one person paying an additional fare. One person has to exit the turnstiles and go upstairs to the train station to get the card. Really not worth the effort unless you are going to ride the T all day. Sometimes you can get lucky and find a T employee inside the turnstiles who just happens to have a Charlie Card to give away, but I wouldn't bet on that happening.

However, you might be able to get a Charlie Card at Haymarket. This looks like it's at the Haymarket bus area.

Sales Locations

Haymarket Foodbasket

City: Boston/Faneuil Hall Marketplace

Address: 1 Congress St.

Hours: M-F 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Pass Types Sold: Stored Value (up to $100.00), all MBTA Monthly passes (excluding student), All Commuter Rail Tickets including Ten Ride (full and half fare), 1-Day LinkPass, 7-Day LinkPass.

Payment Methods: Cash and Commuter Checks. This locations services CharlieCards and CharlieTickets.

Dates Sold: All fare media is sold daily. Monthly passes are sold starting the14th of the prior month until the 15th of the current month.

Map: View on map

Edited by 138east

You could also just take the Silver line to South Station, exit up to street level, walk along the greenway then hook a left on Congress Street and walk up to Faneuil Hall. It's about a 15 minute walk and no need for transfers in the T system which can be confusing to visitors. I do the walk to/from work every day and it's very fast.

royalboy, there is public transpo like the T that is about 2.65 each way. check mbta.com and it will have exact drop-offs. it does have a pick up right at the terminal but may require tranfers. we are using it to get to fenway and also back to the freedom trail. even if you take the T, and doesn't drop off exactly there but close, it is probably cheaper then a cab or the cruise lines transfer

i have also read somewhere, that it may only be about a 2 mile walk, 20 minute walk to get there but not sure if this is correct

You can probably walk from the pier to South Station in about 20 minutes. Depending on how well you know the roads, and how fast you walk, I can walk from South Station to Faneuil Hall in 10 to 15 minutes.

The funny thing is... that is not an exageration!:eek:

If you're into walking, you definitely want to check out the Harborwalk - http://bostonharborwalk.com It's not necessary to walk out on every dock - you can just keep going straight, but IMO it's the nicest walk between the pier and Faneuil Hall.

Cab to or from Faneuil Hall is also an option. It should be in the $12 range, particularly if you get off at Atlantic Ave near the east end of Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market and walk in. You will pay more if you get involved with the one way narrow streets around the market. Atlantic Avenue is a wide open street (the result of the "Big Dig") and traffic generally moves well on it.

Don't miss the huge food court in Faneuil hall. It is amazing.

Unless they have added something to Faneuil Hall the food vendors are in Quincy Market, right next to Faneuil Hall. The choices there are amazing!

Unfortunately, you can't get a Charlie Card at South Station without one person paying an additional fare. One person has to exit the turnstiles and go upstairs to the train station to get the card. Really not worth the effort unless you are going to ride the T all day. Sometimes you can get lucky and find a T employee inside the turnstiles who just happens to have a Charlie Card to give away, but I wouldn't bet on that happening.

However, you might be able to get a Charlie Card at Haymarket. This looks like it's at the Haymarket bus area.

Sales Locations

Haymarket Foodbasket

City: Boston/Faneuil Hall Marketplace

Address: 1 Congress St.

Hours: M-F 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Pass Types Sold: Stored Value (up to $100.00), all MBTA Monthly passes (excluding student), All Commuter Rail Tickets including Ten Ride (full and half fare), 1-Day LinkPass, 7-Day LinkPass.

Payment Methods: Cash and Commuter Checks. This locations services CharlieCards and CharlieTickets.

Dates Sold: All fare media is sold daily. Monthly passes are sold starting the14th of the prior month until the 15th of the current month.

Map: View on map

Here is the route we are taking to Long Wharf.

Thanks for letting us know that we can't get a Charlie Card from "inside" the system. Do you know if there's anywhere near the Aquarium station that we can get a card after exiting the system?

Thanks,

IC

Here is the route we are taking to Long Wharf.

Thanks for letting us know that we can't get a Charlie Card from "inside" the system. Do you know if there's anywhere near the Aquarium station that we can get a card after exiting the system?

Thanks,

IC

Nothing is listed for the Aquarium. Are you really going to the Aquarium/Long Wharf or someplace else? If you're going to Faneuil Hall, you can just stay on the Orange Line one stop to Haymarket, get your Charlie Card, and walk back to the other end of Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market past the Union Oyster House and the Holocaust Memorial.

Nothing is listed for the Aquarium. Are you really going to the Aquarium/Long Wharf or someplace else? If you're going to Faneuil Hall, you can just stay on the Orange Line one stop to Haymarket, get your Charlie Card, and walk back to the other end of Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market past the Union Oyster House and the Holocaust Memorial.

Yes, we're going to Aquarium.

Looks like Tedeschi's at 177 State sells them.

Thanks for the response,

LC

My head is spinning! I think I'll wait for a more comprehensive posting.

To go from my house to the Monterey Burger King, take a left on Hwy 70 6.3 miles and the Burger King is on the left! :)

I'm sure we can come up with a comprehensive posting on how to get to the two Burger Kings in downtown Boston. Ask and ye shall receive!