Smithsonian Enrichment Collection Disappeared From Our Cruise

Last year we were on Voyager - Bangkok to Dubai. We had two lecturers on board (not Smithsonian) who gave talks about the history and politics of the countries visited. The lecturers were witty and experts in their fields and all the talks were well attended. I was impressed with the interest shown by Regent passengers and the intelligent questions asked post-lecture. I think this kind of program is a good thing but it is essential to have good presentation skills. I remember professors who made dull subjects sparkle and others who made interesting subjects a snooze fest! The Smithsonian name has cache and implies quality, but they need to do their due diligence and audition their speakers!

... I think this kind of program is a good thing but it is essential to have good presentation skills. I remember professors who made dull subjects sparkle and others who made interesting subjects a snooze fest! The Smithsonian name has cache and implies quality, but they need to do their due diligence and audition their speakers!

That's for sure! We had a couple of interesting-sounding subjects on our Oceania crossing a couple of years ago, but the presenters were, uh, underwhelming so say the least. A big disappointment.