RCI and Celebrity question

We have been loyal to Royal and are Diamond level. We are considering booking a Celebrity cruise. Questions: Can we earn cruise points on our RCI Crown and Anchor. Will Celebrity honor our diamond level status on board their ships? What perks, if any, will apply? We usually book a suite. Which suite on Celebrity includes the concierge service and lounge?

Can a existing RCI reservation be transferdd to a selected Celebrity sailing?

What are the pitfalls for loyal RC cruisers?

I know it is a lot of questions but we have never cruised Celebrity.

Thanks, John

We have been loyal to Royal and are Diamond level. We are considering booking a Celebrity cruise. Questions: Can we earn cruise points on our RCI Crown and Anchor. Will Celebrity honor our diamond level status on board their ships? What perks, if any, will apply? We usually book a suite. Which suite on Celebrity includes the concierge service and lounge?

Can a existing RCI reservation be transferdd to a selected Celebrity sailing?

What are the pitfalls for loyal RC cruisers?

I know it is a lot of questions but we have never cruised Celebrity.

Thanks, John

You cannot earn Royal points on a Celebrity cruise. However, Celebrity will give you recognition of your Diamond status by making you Elite on Celebrity.

Here are the Elite benefits:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_elite/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite%3Fsubtab=true

One major difference is that there is no balcony discount on Celebrity.

Edited by clarea

Points don't transfer but loyalty status does. As Diamond on RCL, you will be elite on Celebrity.

The Elite tier benefits may be found here:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_elite/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-elite%3Fsubtab=true

Crown and Anchor points are not earned on Celebrity cruises. You can sign up for the Captain's Club program which earns points strictly for Celebrity. I would call them to sign up. You do however receive reciprocal status between lines.

As you are Diamond on Royal, you would be considered Elite on Celebrity. If you go into the Celebrity website and click on Captain's Club you can pull up the benefits pertaining to Elite level status.

I do not know enough about the suite programs to answer you. There are no pitfalls in my opinion to sailing Celebrity. Obviously, there will be no balcony discounts.

I doubt if you can transfer cruises between lines but I could be wrong.

We were in just the opposite situation - Elite with Celebrity and going on our first RCCL cruise. We called RCCL and were immediately given Diamond status. The discount was nice. As others have said, Celebrity doesn't have a similar program for balcony and above discounts.

We enjoyed our RCCL cruise on FOS and in fact have booked another on NOS coming up in September. I think you will enjoy Celebrity if you enjoy RCCL.