RCCL Stock Incentive

Phylhering

Anybody use this and what do you need to prove that you have 100 shares?

I've used it. Follow step 3 in this link:

http://www.rclinvestor.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=103045&p=irol-shareholderbenefit

You need "copy of your shareholder proxy card or a current brokerage statement showing proof of share ownership"

I sent a downloaded pdf of my brokerage statement. I probably should have crossed out the account number but oh well.

After a couple of days, I received a confirmation of the applied on board credit from RCL. I then called my travel agent and got a new "invoice" which showed the credit.

This benefit is not combinable with many other promotions. We were not able to use it on our last four cruises. A good travel agent can sort it out.

Agreed. In Celebrity's case, I haven't been able to obtain a shareholder OBC for quite some time. I wonder if they are more liberal in Azamara's case.

FWIW, I'd highly recommend removing any sensitive information, such as account number, Tax ID or other personal info. I'd also remove any non-pertinent information, such as other security holdings etc. Leave only what's relative to obtaining the OBC.

Hope this helps !

• 2 months later...

We have just been advised the benefit is not combinable with the benefits of booking onboard which is somewhat petty. So we have had to give up our $200 to get the $250.

I think the onboard booking paperwork needs to be a lot clearer about this.

Bonnie, sorry to raise the thorny issue but as shareholders is it correct there is now absolutely no incentive to book onboard?

Having just been on our first cruise and enjoyed it , we have just booked under the 25% off deal.

I assume this would also be exempt. All deals/promotions etc seem to be.

We sold our stock as we never seemed to be able to get shareholders credit from Celebrity and would be interested in clear rules.

I find this very strange as for our forthcoming TA in November, we booked using our onboard future cruise certificate and via the BOGOH deal and received the full OBC credit when applied for.

Thanks I have queried the decision - we were told that as we had been given $200 onboard credit as a reward for booking on board we were not entitled to shareholder OBC. So for two of our bookings which were for 14 nights we have had to give up the $200 to get the $250. - appreciate the cruiseline can do what they like re shareholders but none of the booking paperwork had highlighted the risk that the onboard perk would have an issue with the shareholder perk.

I find this very strange as for our forthcoming TA in November, we booked using our onboard future cruise certificate and via the BOGOH deal and received the full OBC credit when applied for.

Just so I'm clear..(sorry it is really HOT here today and the brain tends not to work very well when over-heated :eek:) you got the $200 AND the $250 from the stock as well? Hey...how's Turkey??? LuAnn

We have just been advised the benefit is not combinable with the benefits of booking onboard which is somewhat petty. So we have had to give up our $200 to get the $250.

I think the onboard booking paperwork needs to be a lot clearer about this.

Bonnie, sorry to raise the thorny issue but as shareholders is it correct there is now absolutely no incentive to book onboard?

I once booked a Celebrity Cruise on board. You assign it to your local TA. I couldn't get the cabin I wanted. A cruise.com agent called me after I put a note on their board, and got the cabin I wanted and at a $100 cheaper price. Of course I have been using that agent for over 20 years now and never book on board. I have always been able to use the $200 credit and just have my Merrill Lynch agent write a letter stating that I hold the 100 shares RCCL required.

Just so I'm clear..(sorry it is really HOT here today and the brain tends not to work very well when over-heated :eek:) you got the $200 AND the $250 from the stock as well? Hey...how's Turkey??? LuAnn

It's hot here too, at least it was today!

Yes you've got that spot on. We got the BOGOH promotion, got the reduction in price because of our future cruise deposit and have been given the OBC, with no hassle at all. :)

uktog, have you contacted Mr. Twynam? You always seem to get a sensible response from him.

uktog, have you contacted Mr. Twynam? You always seem to get a sensible response from him.

Well I have just been told by the Coupon Redemption team I can have either the shareholder credit or the onboard incentive credit of $200 but not both. I have gone back and asked for a definitive ruling on whether shareholders can benefit from the standard onboard incentive or not. I will post the response.

I have not contacted Mr Tynham as yet as it seems silly to have to bother an MD for something like this. But if after this latest email I have just sent I am still getting conflicting info I will do

It is my understanding that only one OBC is ever applied, the higher amount. But I'm not the last word on these matters, so I wish you success.

Thanks Bonnie

I will wait for the answers from Miami, however if this is the case Azamara is effectively giving no incentive to shareholders to book onboard, whereas Celebrity seem to get round the issue by giving the OBC to all guests during the sailing that you make the future booking so shareholders do not lose out.

Once we see the answer, maybe there is something that Azamara needs to look at

It's hot here too, at least it was today!

Yes you've got that spot on. We got the BOGOH promotion, got the reduction in price because of our future cruise deposit and have been given the OBC, with no hassle at all. :)

I may be wrong, but the way I read this is that prefdavid only received OBC for shareholder. The other benefit was applied before and thus reduced final payment of the cruise ticket itself.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

and spoke to someone in the RCCL "Investor Relations Department"...with a different phone number than the "general" AZ phone number and he was not just a general AZ "phone rep"...who BTW...had told me earlier in the day the $200 & the $250 WERE able to be combined. The rep in the Investor dept. told me that it was NOT able to be combined...but if I sent my stock info in they would give me the extra $50. I"m pretty sure this is also the case on X (if they aren't offering the deal where you get OBC for the sailing you are currently on)...don't know about RCCL as we don't sail on them...too bad...the $450 would have been nice!!! ;) LuAnn

Edited by LuAnn

I may be wrong, but the way I read this is that prefdavid only received OBC for shareholder. The other benefit was applied before and thus reduced final payment of the cruise ticket itself.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Spot on tiger-91!

Perhaps the answer is to not book onboard for OBC, but to purchase the FCC then book the cruise wanted. Less OBC than if Azamara combined them but then you've got the cash reduction in your pocket.

However it does appear to be quite penny pinching of RCL to take this approach. Maybe as shareholders we should all ask for this approach to be amended?

FWIW we also have Carnival stock and have never been refused their OBC, even when we've had promotional deals, booked onboard etc., etc.

Spot on tiger-91!

Perhaps the answer is to not book onboard for OBC, but to purchase the FCC then book the cruise wanted. Less OBC than if Azamara combined them but then you've got the cash reduction in your pocket.

However it does appear to be quite penny pinching of RCL to take this approach. Maybe as shareholders we should all ask for this approach to be amended?

FWIW we also have Carnival stock and have never been refused their OBC, even when we've had promotional deals, booked onboard etc., etc.

I thought you were right until about 10 minutes ago when the email of clarification I asked for advised me that as a discount of £xxx had been applied (the % discount) this counted as one benefit.

I am still trying to get a definitive answer to share, it is not the amount it is now the principle that there are onboard booking incentives of $200 but those who are shareholders are asked to give up their benefits (or forgo the onboard incentive)

I seriously wonder how many shareholders book another cruise whilst onboard Azamara and what it would actually cost the cruiseline to allow the benefit plus the shareholder benefit to be kept.

If the latest email is correct and you forfeit your OBC if you have your loyalty discount, then that is a right slap to shareholders. (And if it is not who is quality controlling the output from the Benefit team - all emails do not carry a name....)

I will post the outcome of this email tennis when we come to the end of the tie break....................

I booked a cruise for February and am receiving a $500 OBC from AZ. Would the shareholder OBC not apply now?

No one on this Board can answer that definitively. I suggest applying for it and see what happens.