Alaska Connoisseur Tour - What to Wear for Dinner

Alicomp

We will be on an Alaska Connoisseur Land Tour and am wondering about the dress code for dinners on land. I had read that people wear whatever they wore during the day. Is that correct? If so, while we are on land we won't need to bring any clothes that we would have worn to dinner on the ship.

Thank you.

It's pretty casual on land. It's more or less what you'd wear to dinner on a smart casual night, including jeans. I'd pack minimal clothing for the land portion and send most on to the ship.

On the ship, my 18 year old is packing a suit for formal nights but on the other nights on the ship are jeans and a nice shirt ok? We could save space by not packing khaki's and yet another pair of shoes....:confused:

We will be on an Alaska Connoisseur Land Tour and am wondering about the dress code for dinners on land. I had read that people wear whatever they wore during the day. Is that correct? If so, while we are on land we won't need to bring any clothes that we would have worn to dinner on the ship.

Thank you.

Slacks/jeans and a fresh top would be fine. You're too tired to dress up and nobody looks at what you are wearing. Thumbs up for the Connoisseur tour. We did it in May. Enjoy.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

On the ship, my 18 year old is packing a suit for formal nights but on the other nights on the ship are jeans and a nice shirt ok? We could save space by not packing khaki's and yet another pair of shoes....:confused:

As long as the jeans are not frayed or have holes where there should not be holes, no problem.

Just did the Connoisseur end of May and we wore jeans or whatever we had on during the day. We saw very few people "dressed up". Most people are busy all day and don't have time to change before dinner.

We loved the Connoisseur! So nice to order whatever we wanted at meals and not have to worry about the price! And loved our tour director. Jill was amazing!!

Alaska gets the vote every year for being the worst dressed state....We love it that way....We even wear bunny boots with our dinner jackets....:) Seriously, the only place in Alaska that you should not wear jeans is in court....and hopefully you won't need to go there...:) Wear what is comfortable for you....

Is anyone on the 15 day land/cruise on the Star starting August 21? We've

been looking for fellow travelers. We plan on taking very casual clothes, in layers.

Check the Princess Roll Call for your cruise. You'll find other travelers there.

We are on the Connoisseur tour after our cruise; July 27. On the train to Fairbanks, I read our luggage will be placed at our feet! We will travel with 2 25" suitcases plus 1 carry-on. Is this true? We took the train several years ago and I honestly don't recall what we did with our suitcases.

Thanks, Linda

We are on the Connoisseur tour after our cruise; July 27. On the train to Fairbanks, I read our luggage will be placed at our feet! We will travel with 2 25" suitcases plus 1 carry-on. Is this true? We took the train several years ago and I honestly don't recall what we did with our suitcases.

Thanks, Linda

Only your carry-on will be at your feet.

Your suitcases will travel separately to Fairbanks, possibly by truck.