Cost of drinks on the Emerald Princess

Just4funn

I know I won't spend enough time on the ship to buy any all inclusive packages so I would like to have some idea what to budget for drinks on board. What is the cost of a can of coke, specialty coffee drinks and cocktails? Anybody want to share some information?

I know I won't spend enough time on the ship to buy any all inclusive packages so I would like to have some idea what to budget for drinks on board. What is the cost of a can of coke, specialty coffee drinks and cocktails? Anybody want to share some information?

Try this.......

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=311975&d=1399496113

If you definitely want specialty coffee, buy a coffee card. Price: approx. $33, good for unlimited brewed coffee, tea, hot chocolate on THAT cruise and 15 "specialty" coffees for as long as there is a punch available on the card.

I bought a coffee card three cruises ago and still have 6 punches left. Good thing they don't expire. LOL!

Just off the Emerald. The non-alchoholic cocktails were $5 plus gratuity. We had a coffee card that all three of us used in two weeks. I introduced the 12yo to flavored iced coffee. I used the nice teas mostly. Cans of Coke and rootbeer were $2. Strongbow was $5.95.

I purchased the coffee card, as a coffee drinker, I found it worth the money!!! I also became addicted to the Cappuccino's!!! I too have some punches left from my last my cruise! Princess allowing them to be used until completed regardless of cruise, is an excellent feature! I hope that continues, because 3 punches will not last me for my next cruise!!!

Cocktails were $7.95 and $8.95 plus 15% gratuity. On last week's cruise, there were two happy hours a day - the first in the Wheelhouse (at 3pm sea days and 4pm port days), the second in the Skywalker (10pm everyday). Happy hour is buy one get one of the same.

Coffee and coffee drinks from the Piazza/International Cafe were quite good - very convenient to get a "to go" cup as you're leaving the ship in the morning since the Piazza is just one deck above the gangway. Coffee at the buffet or from room service was not so good.

Very useful information...I assume all ships have same pricing...do you happen to know how recent this pricing is???

Thank you.

That list is considerably outdated. For example, all the drinks listed on the spreadsheet as "Rum Classics" were $7.95 last week (not $5.50). "Signature rum cocktails" were $8.95.

The only "rum" prices that haven't changed were the Bacardi 8 and Leblon Cachaca (still $6.95). All the other rums have increased to $6.25 and there was no "house rum" listed on the menu. Skywalker also had Zacapa dark rum but I don't know the price charged (we had the AI package).

That list is considerably outdated. For example, all the drinks listed on the spreadsheet as "Rum Classics" were $7.95 last week (not $5.50). "Signature rum cocktails" were $8.95.

The only "rum" prices that haven't changed were the Bacardi 8 and Leblon Cachaca (still $6.95). All the other rums have increased to $6.25 and there was no "house rum" listed on the menu. Skywalker also had Zacapa dark rum but I don't know the price charged (we had the AI package).

Thank you both....good to know for upcoming October Cruise on the Regal

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

My husband and I are thinking of taking the drinks package, has anyone else bought this package and what are your opinions? do you still pay the 15% gratuity.

We are joining the ship next Saturday and can't wait.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Hi

My husband and I are thinking of taking the drinks package, has anyone else bought this package and what are your opinions? do you still pay the 15% gratuity.

Drinks package base price $49 per day per person.

Price with Grat added $56 and change per day.

Book your cruise After May 2016 and the 'All inclusive drink package' IS FREE - for a limited time... I just booked two cruises - I have Only bought the Wine package at dinner but NEVER forked over 49+tip PER DAY - but when its FREE, I will enjoy it

Just an update depending on the bar tender The rule is that coffee cards with unused punches from another ship can be used for speciality coffees but they no longer have the Free Brewed coffee and tea perk anymore

BUT you may get lucky:)

I think Pam(inCA) predicted as soon as the AI package was announced,

that the a la carte prices would increase.

Hi

If you will drink six alcoholic drinks per day, everyday; or, five alcoholic drinks per day, everyday, plus various bottled waters, coffees, etc. then you will save money with the beverage package.

However, there are usually two "happy hours" per day which greatly benefit someone who is not on the package by offering buy 1 get 1 free (or buy 1 get 1 for $1).

If you will drink six alcoholic drinks per day, everyday; or, five alcoholic drinks per day, everyday, plus various bottled waters, coffees, etc. then you will save money with the beverage package.

However, there are usually two "happy hours" per day which greatly benefit someone who is not on the package by offering buy 1 get 1 free (or buy 1 get 1 for $1).

The Happy Hours are 3pm to 4pm and 11pm to midnight - not much help on port days:(.

A coffee or two; 3 cocktails/martinis; 2 glasses of wine with dinner and a brandy afterwards and you will be in front with the package. Sea days will be even better;). We almost doubled the amount of the package on a very port intensive cruise (and we were not blotto every night:rolleyes:).

Fordfocus, you may well find that the exchange rate is favourable if you buy ahead of time on UK web-site - we got $1.66 to £1 compared with prevailing rate of about $1.54 - made the deal even sweeter!

Edited by SteveH2508
added exchange rate info.

The Happy Hours are 3pm to 4pm and 11pm to midnight - not much help on port days:(.

On our recent cruise on Emerald, afternoon happy hour fluctuated ... 3-4 on sea days and 4:30-5:30 on port days (Princess must have realized they were missing out on some revenue;)). The late evening happy hour was 10-11 every night.

Hi

My husband had the package last year and we feel it was worth it, especially getting water each day before leaving the ship, late night coffee etc

If you purchase via your personilizer you can pay in sterling £33 per day as previously posted we are getting a great exchange rate of $1.66 think it has to be done a week or so before cruising so don't leave too long