Insignia in Port Miami Today

LegalCat

I was wondering where she was coming from and where she was going now... I looked on the site but only see future sailings... Is there a place I can see the current journey she is on?

She is starting her world cruise

Unfortunately once the cruise date comes the itinerary is taken down

You could try looking in the brochures online for the complete itinerary

she is sailing up to Montreal then you can see some of the segments listed

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/cruise-finder/#sailDates=2015|07,2015|08,2015|09,2015|10,2015|11,2015|12#ships=INS

Edited by LHT28

She is starting her world cruise

Unfortunately once the cruise date comes the itinerary is taken down

You could try looking in the brochures online for the complete itinerary

she is sailing up to Montreal then you can see some of the segments listed

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/cruise-finder/#sailDates=2015|07,2015|08,2015|09,2015|10,2015|11,2015|12#ships=INS

I guess I'm confused. I thought the WC started in Singapore? And the next one is in 2016? Apparently I'm missing something, which is nothing new for me.

This is a world cruise. It is not billed as a round the world. The RTW is in January, 2016. Also 180 days, but different itinerary. RTW doesn't hit Europe.

The one that you linked to is the rescheduled 2014 Word Cruise, now sailing in July of '15.

I guess I'm confused. I thought the WC started in Singapore? And the next one is in 2016? Apparently I'm missing something, which is nothing new for me.

Yes and no, Orv-

The 2014 World cruise was delayed, not aborted.

2014 Passengers were given the choice of Sailing on as much of that 2014 trip as repairs to the ship would allow (which involved flying to the far East), or transferring to the 2015 World Cruise.

Yes and no, Orv-

The 2014 World cruise was delayed, not aborted.

2014 Passengers were given the choice of Sailing on as much of that 2014 trip as repairs to the ship would allow (which involved flying to the far East), or transferring to the 2015 World Cruise.

I think your calendar needs turning over :D! The truncated 2015 World Cruise started in Singapore on 22 March 2015, and has just come to an end. Lots of people transferred to the January 2016 World Cruise after the fire.

Tempus is fugitting faster than you think!

I know I am old & my memory may be failing but I think there were 3 RTW cruises ...not all the same itinerary

1) Jan 2015 -July 2015 (which had to be shortened due to the fire)

2) July 2015 to Jan 2016

3) Jan 2016 to July 2016

I am sure someone will have all the answers

I know I am old & my memory may be failing but I think there were 3 RTW cruises ...not all the same itinerary

1) Jan 2015 -July 2015 (which had to be shortened due to the fire)

2) July 2015 to Jan 2016

3) Jan 2016 to July 2016

I am sure someone will have all the answers

Yes, you're right. I'm wondering if Insignia is going to keep on doing this and therefore do another one in Jul 2016.

The July itinerary is different, as mentioned above.

Useful site but not necessarily 100% up-to-date. The October dates for Myanmar still shows the afternoon departure.

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/Oceania_Cruises/Insignia/October_2015/ It shows 5 pm departure and the new time is 8 am.

Good site though.

The one that you linked to is the rescheduled 2014 Word Cruise, now sailing in July of '15.

Jim, there was no world cruise scheduled in 2014. FDR first announced the 2015 around-the-world cruise at a "town meeting" aboard Regatta during the 10th anniversary cruise in early July, 2013. That evening, we found the first world cruise brochure on our bed in the cabin. Our first thought was, "we can't afford that," and "we could never be away that long." A couple of weeks later, having received another brochure at home, Betsy examined it closely, decided the early booking price plus all the offered perks were a bargain, and started to get excited. I don't like to fly, and this was our one chance to see Asia, Australia and the South Pacific without having to fly. Also, 2015 is our 50th wedding anniversary, and we both turn 75 years old.

I was reluctant at first and was negative about it. She was excited! I reminded her how excited I had been when we saw a new RV that past January, and how she was negative. When she said, "All right, we'll do both," I was "sold" on the world cruise.

unity%2024IB.jpg

The "new" RV is now 23 months old, we've taken several road trips in it and will finally sail the world cruise six months from now! After all the planning (91 ports, nearly 30 private excursions, over 30 ship excursions and plans for d-i-y in the rest of the ports), we're both excited.

That first world cruise was to begin January 10, 2105 and end today, Miami to Miami. Of course, that was truncated due to the tragic engine fire, and picked up guests in Singapore to complete the cruise to Miami today.

Today begins the World Odyssey, which lasts 180 days but does NOT go around the world. It heads north, then across the North Atlantic, then south along the European coast, then into the Mediterranean, through the Suez Canal and along the southeast Asia coast, eventually arriving in Singapore. There, it turns around, crosses the Indian Ocean to Cape Town, and then north back to Miami on January 4, 2016.

On Jan 4, 2016, Insignia does another true around-the-world cruise, actually her first because the 2015 one was not complete. Again 180 days, Miami to Miami, sailing almost the same itinerary as 2015. It will arrive back in Miami on July 1, 2016. That's the one we will be on, having re-booked 2016 when the 2015 cruise was shortened.

It's now been almost two years since we originally booked the 2015 cruise in July, 2013. It will be 2-1/2 years from booking to actually sailing, and 3 years from booking when we return.

Edited by hondorner