Half Moon Cay - Cabana Questions

Bailey & Sophie

I just reserved a cabana on Half Moon Cay for our upcoming cruise. Just a couple of questions for those who have been there:

Can we bring our own bottle of wine or champagne? It would be so lovely to share a bottle or two while there without paying outrageous bar prices.

Is there any way to secure the cupboards? I know they don't lock but if we decide to take the floaties out in the water, my DH will want to secure the camera and any other stuff we have while we are gone. It's easy to bring a lock with us, if they will work.

Thanks!!

I believe bottled water is provided with the rental...maybe some fruit, too...

You won't need to secure anything...no one will bother your beach stuff. Put the camera under something...in a tote..out of sight...that's all you need to do. No one wants your clothes and you don't need to bring a wallet.

We had a cabana last May 2014. When you get on the ship the first day you go right to the excursion desk and you can pick your cabana or whatever is left. They also ask what size snorkel gear you need and what kind of soda you want. I think you get a 12 pack of soda and water. When you get to the cabana they bring a cooler full of ice with your water and sodas. They also bring a tray of fresh fruit and a tray of salsa, guacamole, sour cream and chips. We had #6 and loved it. It was right in the middle so it wasn't too crowded. You also get 4 floats, and your snorkel gear will be there. We saved about 8 bottles of beer from the week and took that off the boat in our own cooler. They don't check anything when you leave. It was very convenient and saved a bunch of money not having to buy any drinks. I am waiting on the cabanas to open up for next June. I might be waiting a while. Lol

Do I have to pick 1 type of soda or can I pick a few different types? We have 4 people who want 4 different types of soda.

Thank you,

Sara

You get 2 cans each for a total of 8 cans. :)

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

I just reserved a cabana on Half Moon Cay for our upcoming cruise. Just a couple of questions for those who have been there:

Can we bring our own bottle of wine or champagne? It would be so lovely to share a bottle or two while there without paying outrageous bar prices.

Is there any way to secure the cupboards? I know they don't lock but if we decide to take the floaties out in the water, my DH will want to secure the camera and any other stuff we have while we are gone. It's easy to bring a lock with us, if they will work.

Thanks!!

You should not have an issue with out locking cabinets, you really can't float out too far because they have a barrier rope. That leaves your cabana in sight. As for the wine, you should be ok bringing that too. You do recieve pop, water, fruit and veggies chips and dip with your rental. It is really nice having the cabana. Especially with the floats and snorkeling gear. Enjoy, I expect to be enjoying a cabana on HMC in January!!