A/C in Conquest cabins

elruth

We are sailing on the Conquest in early Sept. We have an aft balcony cabin with extended balcony. I keep reading posts that mention that the A/C in cabins on the Conquest keeps the room too warm. Has anyone sailed recently and is that still a problem? We like a cooler cabin and sure hope it isn't too warm.

Was on the Conquest for 3 weeks and our cabin was so cold I developed a sore throat. Never had a problem with being too warm.

I guess if you keep your curtains opened and your balcony door open then yes, it would be warm.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Our Lido balcony cabin in April was too warm for my taste the entire week. We closed the curtains during the day to keep the sun out. We didn't complain as it was likely within the normal range, just not as cool as we are used to and prefer. If I have one that warm again I'll ask for a fan as sleeping was difficult.

We were on the June 21st sailing and our cabin on 8th floor Aft was warm when we arrived. We thought once the ship got moving it will get to normal. It got better but still warm for us.We called for service and the tech came within 30min and opened the vent of the a/c wide open. A/C got better just enough for us to not complain but we had to do all the tricks everyone has been mentioning like keeping curtains closed at all times even when not in room.Also, it seemed like some days were better than others.

Definitely there is some sort of a/c issue. We have been on crowded ships and not have this issue.

I'll be on the Conquest on Sunday. I too keep hearing about warm cabins. Although I'm normally in a balcony, this will be my first time in an interior. Do interior cabins normally stay cooler?

• 4 weeks later...

Sailed the Conquest last September (7 thru. 14th.) I was in ocean view cabin 2263. It was mid ship. It was stuffy for my needs. I too like a cold cabin. I feel they are just trying to save energy and money. I'm all for being economical and being green but most of us have saved up for our vacations and should have a comfortable cabin. As mentioned regarding balconies, if your neighbors leave their doors open it adversly affects your A/C or lack thereof. I called maintenance and they checked it out saying it was within their range which is between 68 to 74 degrees. It was at least 74. Fine and dandy. So that's your range well then provide me with the lower end of that range say 68 to 71 and I'll be fine. Another tip or trick I learned besides making sure the vent is completely open is to block off the small vent on the lower portion of your cabin door. Air passes out through it into the hallway. I've read that by covering it up with a towell or even some paper (advertisements for chatchkies) in shops you will keep the air inside your cabin. Can't wait to try this out on my September cruise on board the Breeze. I'll share my results.:cool:

Another tip or trick I learned besides making sure the vent is completely open is to block off the small vent on the lower portion of your cabin door. Air passes out through it into the hallway. I've read that by covering it up with a towell or even some paper (advertisements for chatchkies) in shops you will keep the air inside your cabin. Can't wait to try this out on my September cruise on board the Breeze. I'll share my results.:cool:

I think you may want to rethink restricting the return air flow. What is actually happening is that the cooler air from the supply vent is forcing the warm air out through the door vent and that allows the cool air to move throughout the cabin. Restrict air movement and the supply will eventually turn off and the air in the cabin will heat up again rapidly. When you cool a room what you are really doing is forcing the warm air out...that is why fans are so helpful, the more air movement the quicker the air feels cooler.

I don't think this issue is confined to the Conquest. I have complained about cabin temperatures that are way too warm for us for two years now. I finally gave up and no longer cruise Carnival because of it.

Edited by camarowesley

You asked about aft balcony temperatures on a specific ship, and the answers are everywhere.

Here's what you need to know. The Conquest aft balcony cabins are warm. The have more direct sunlight on the balcony, less shade on the glass and as a result they are hotter.

When we sailed the Conquest here from Galveston the fan was a must. Other cabins were fine, but aft cabins on the Magic and Triumph were the same.

Take a fan. The battery operated ones are a waste of time. We take a 10" fan on every cruise. I take a multi-plug block that gives me three plugs and the fan is on the entire time we are in the cabin.

Conquest class ships are our favorite, we've sailed the Glory to Canada and the eastern route from Miami. Have a great vacation!

Edited by BallFour4

We sailed on the Conquest the last two years--late November/ early December--to the Caribbean where the weather was between 80-90 degrees each day for each trip.

We had the same balcony cabin, Empress deck, port side both trips.

We never had a problem with the a/c. As has been stated previously, keep your curtain closed during the day and that will help tremendously.

We were on the Conquest in June. Balcony, Deck 7. We kept our drapes and balcony door closed. Our room was stuffy, especially at night. Not sure if neighbors were keeping doors open or if it was just not cooling. I had no complaints with temps in the rest of the ship areas.

• 2 weeks later...