Best deck on INDY & Free/low cost excurations

Looking to book INDY in August .....They seem to have deck 6,7&9 available...Just wondering from past cruisers which would be the best....also Forward or Aft. Seems like Aft so far because most things like the kids club and buffet seem to be aft but just wondering your opinion.

Also if you can give any suggestions on free to low cost things to do in the ports of haiti,falmouth,grand cayman, and cozumel that would be extremely helpful to me. I'm reading the reviews and getting some ideas , but most don't list the cost. Thanks

Labadee, Haiti is the private beach day....you don't need any excursions there at all...enjoy the sun, shade and water, lunch is included...it's a great beach day.

Go to the library, pick up a guidebook for your other ports. You do NOT have to book any excursions in GC or Coz...almiost everything is doable on your own, with a bit of research!!!

Falmouth is a man-made ship port...nothing is very nearby. Check for things to do on the Jamaica forums!

In my opinion, the higher the deck the better! As far as excursions, I can only answer for Grand Cayman, we took a taxi to seagrape beach, and had a great day jet skiing, snorkeling and swimming. :)

If you have the chance, book 6305 (google search Indy Ben & Jerry's Sweet or take a look in my signature).

My advice beyond that, find a stateroom close to the elevator lobbies and don't sweat the forward or aft. A lot of your travel on the ship is up and down and if you want to run back to your room to drop something off real quick, having you cabin near the elevators / stairs makes it really convenient.

Also walking across the pool deck or the main promenade to get back to your cabin seems like a leisurely stroll compared to walking down a hallway of nothing but cabins.

See the port forums for low cost options. If you are in decent shape you can walk to the beach in Grand cayman and to the downtown shopping area in Cozumel. Both islands are very safe. Falmouth is a bit rough, but we enjoyed walking into town.