How Do You Get The Uncreased Look ?

kruisey

Without having to spend a couple of days ironing

on board....when one is not elite status?

The clothes enter the case in wonderful condition.....and leave looking in garage sale condition, especially silk blouses,which cost an arm and a leg to have dry cleaned,but I love them icon_rolleyes.gif??????????????????

Well I don't know about silk blouses, they make me look heavy. But I roll slacks/pant/jeans/shorts and they come out wrinkle free.

Other clothing gets a quick spritz of that de-wrinkle stuff..oh Downy Wrinkle out or whatever its called.. and they come back pretty well.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/04

Star Princess 10/04

Carnival Spirit 12/04

I put silk and dresses etc, in dry cleaner bags. T- shirts and shorts I wrap individually with several layers of tissue paper on them before folding. Really works well.

I am with you Sue, send me some "wrinle out"!

Carol and John

Caribbean Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;22;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

NORDIC PRINCE 2/1994

RYNDAM 1/97

ENCHANTMENT 1/98

VEENDAM 6/98

SEA PRINCESS 3/99

RHAPSODY 1/2000

GRAND PRINCESS 11/00

VOYAGER 11/00

LEGEND 3/02

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 5/04

Not sure what that word is but I meant "wrinkle out"

Carol and John

Caribbean Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;22;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

NORDIC PRINCE 2/1994

RYNDAM 1/97

ENCHANTMENT 1/98

VEENDAM 6/98

SEA PRINCESS 3/99

RHAPSODY 1/2000

GRAND PRINCESS 11/00

VOYAGER 11/00

LEGEND 3/02

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 5/04

First of all...we use extra large rolling duffle bags. Outfits are on hangers and then in dry cleaner bags. I use mesh bags to hold socks, underwear,etc...and lay them in bottom

of duffle. Lay oufits on top of those smoothing out as much as possible. Sweaters,

sweatshirts, etc. are rolled and put along the edges...as well as shoes in plastic grocery bags...and toiletries and misc. in bags. I am unpacked in a few minutes...hang up outfits... toss mesh bags onto shelves and set up bathroom. Most wrinkles, if any, fall out.

Use tissue paper when you fold your clothes. It keeps them from getting creased. Also, as someone else suggested, rolling saves on space and wrinkles! When you take them out of the suitcase, hang your silk blouses in the bathroom and let the steam from your shower help dewrinkle. Hope this helps.

I always try to roll things and take the wrinkle release spray and do everything as soon as I unpack. Never had a problem with wrinkles and if you did have a problem that wouldnt come unwrinkled you would be able to get it taken care of at the start of the trip and be done with it.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Ryndam Pacific Coastal May 3

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;17;21;30;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Dawn Princess Alaska May 17

Our nicer clothes go on hangers with dry cleaner bags over them. Things like shorts, tees, underwear and toiletries that could leak go in the ziplock bags. I don't carry a steamer so anything that might need to be "dewrinkled" gets hung in the bathroom with a hot shower running.

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

Thank you for that last one.

I find the most problem with blouses.My figure suites blouses better than t-shirts.Do unpack as soon as I arrive.Should really use two suitcases,but find it hard handling those plus my air carry ons.Certain this would solve some of the problem,because I must admit I pack with care,then when the situation gets tight I start to stuff things in....thats when everything gos wrong.....and Wow!!!! its Creasey City all around when I unpack icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Maybe there should be a show on the TV about 'What not to Pack'. icon_cool.gif

I'm a guy but I wear alot of Tommy Bahama / Nat Nast silk shirts. I hang everything in a large garment bag after having it dry cleaned. I band all the handers together and send it through regular baggage. Works well for me with few wrinkles. I do pack an iron and touch things up before i wear them. I also hang my pants in the same garment bag.

So Salty Dawg your the one who has been sending all those spam e-mails.......that word has been blocked from reaching mine icon_cool.gif

Garment bag sounds great,but I have to transfer planes so wouldnot risk that.

Thanks again everyone for ideas....keep them coming icon_smile.gif

I take very wrinkled items to the laundry room and I iron them there. Also, wrinkles come out of many fabrics with steam....so I hang up those in the bathroom when taking a shower. When I travel other than on a cruise I always hang up my wrinkled clothes in the bathroom, turn on the hot water into the tub, close the door and the wrinkles disappear from the steam. However, this would be a bad waste of precious water on board a ship. And, yes, the dry cleaning bags do work too. If all else fails, I wear my clothes wrinkled and still have a good time!!!!

KB

NCL NORWAY - 2000

GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2001

GOLDEN PRINCESS - 2002

HAL NOORDAM - 2002

HAL VOLENDAM - 2003

ISLAND PRINCESS - NOV. 2003

HAL VOLENDAM - JAN. 2004

CORAL PRINCESS - OCT. 2004

How do you get that uncreased look?

Eat till all your clothes fit like a drum skin, you know your going to anyway.. why not make gluttony a useful tool?

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04

Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98

Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02

Vision o.t. Seas 04/02

Star Princess 12/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

Vision o.t. Seas 10/02

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Thanks again everybody.The only bad part of any trip to me is the packing and unpacking.Silk blouses are the worst to iron....that is best done damp......will try the shower steam in the bathroom as some have mentioned.Stupid me never thought of that before icon_rolleyes.gif

Also have the bad habit of packing and unpacking and changing suitecases all the time before I travel....I wonder what the cure for that bad habit can be? icon_biggrin.gif

In Florida "laid back" is the rule. Jean shorts and a tank, and when I want to look nice, white shorts and a tank is in order. After a cruise, I take out regular stuff out of the suitcases, wash and put away. The "nice stuff, I dry clean and put back in the suitcase. If I buy new, I switch with something, and I am packed and ready to go.

Sue

7 days on Star Princess

October 24, 2004

My DH and I are taking a Baltic cruise in June. My goal on this trip is to pack lighter and smarter, so I went out and bought several outfits to mix and match in travel knit that you can actually wad up in a ball and it still comes out looking great. Added plus - it's washable and takes up very little room in a suitcase. Chico's has the best sellection, but it is also available in other stores. Other than my formal wear and daytime outfits, this is it.

Archived