Now it appears there will be Howl at the Moon on Escape...

Nolefan95

Terrific! I wonder what changed? NCL had taken the time to remove references to it from the Escape page a long time ago. Maybe they've gotten things worked out.

I don't think NCL has announced it yet. It's still not on their webpage. This is on Howl's page. I think they may have announced in error before NCL "officially" announced ... but who knows.

Edited by SissasMomE

Is Howl at the Moon for adults only or are children allowed to watch the dueling pianos?

On Getaway and Epic, it becomes adult only after either 10 or 11. It's listed in the Dailies. It can and does get pretty raunchy sometimes.

Although some parents ignore that, and let their little 4 year old princess request Frozen songs at midnight, much to the annoyance of the packed room, who didn't find her cute. LOL! The piano player said, "You might as well take your tip back, because we are not going to play this." and "Don't you have a bedtime?" haha

At least two years ago on the Epic the exact wording in the freestyle daily was

Yeah, I think that's what it said on ours last Nov., too. If parents didn't heed that warning, it was their own fault. The F-Bombs, dirty songs, and sex jokes started flying nonstop.

• 3 weeks later...

Bravo NCL!

The dueling piano bar was surely one of the highlights of our cruise on Getaway and I was puzzled that it would be left off of her new big sister.

NCL pioneered the concept and needs to make it a signature feature of every new build and refurb.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what time Howl at the Moon usually starts? I'm wondering how to plan meals around it, as this is something I'm really interested in!!

It isn't a "show" that you really need to plan around. It's a bar with live music, and people come and go as they please throughout the evening.

Generally it will start around 9pm and go until 1am or so. It does vary though, so check your dailies. It usually happens 3 or 4 nights per cruise, since they share the Headliner's space with comedy shows.

We went right when it started a few times (around 8 or 9?) so we could get seats, but found we had a better time coming later (around 10:30) when the crowd tended to change (and then some seats opened up) and all the expected usual songs were played out.

• 1 month later...