Chartered bus lines to New York port

bucknwanda

Does anyone know if there are chartered buses to the port of New York? I live in Delaware and have found some good deals sailing out of New York but don't care to pay $40 a day to park or deal with New York traffic. Thanks for your help.

Bucknwanda

I have to admit that the HAL phone people aren't always the best informed. One can get different answers depending upon who answers the phone. Have you tried using a local TA? A good one should know the transportation options available to NY.

Holland America has a motorcoach program from various parts of Florida to Port Everglades, but as this is their first year with regular sailings from New York in quite a while it may not have occurred to them to offer one there.

For your Royal Caribbean cruises the information on their program is right on their website: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=330&faqSubjectName=Before+You+Leave&faqId=3552

Nothing on Carnival's website as to if they offer inter-city coach transfers.

I called Holland America to ask this question before I posted the question here. My response was. "no I don't know of any bus service." I will call Norwegian on Monday.

NCL doesn't offer charter bus service from DE to NY, but as I said in my previous post, Peter Pan has scheduled bus service between Wilmington and NY City, and Amtrak has train service.

I think we should clarify the term "Port of New York" as it applies to the major cruise lines that offer regular "New York" sailings.

1). Manhattan Cruise Terminal - primarily for Carnival, Norwegian, and Holland America

2). Brooklyn Cruise Terminal - primarily for Princess and Cunard

3). Cape Liberty, Bayonne, NJ - primarily for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity

There are docking exceptions when there are scheduling conflicts. A Princess Cruise is docking at Cape Liberty in October because a Cunard ship is in Brooklyn. Ships just stopping for the day or overnight in NYC Always seem to be berthed in Manhattan.

The logistics of getting to each of these ports is different. There may or may not be cruise buses offered. For transportation advice, it really helps to be specific about which New York port is being considered.

I've driven to Cape Liberty a few times. It takes me about 2 hours door to door. My concern was getting to the Manhattan port. I hear parking per day is $40 plus I don't want to drive in NYC. Thanks to all of you for responding I am thinking of booking a cruise from Norfolk or Charlestown in the future.