Escape Paris Package (TransAtlantic Sail Date October 29, 2015

$hip$hape

Since our flight does not arrive until 11:30 a.m. on the 27th, I don't think the 1/2 day tour will be that day. Norwegian set the time of our flight.

I hope you have a sense of humor with my Title quote from the Bible.

As the members of the Paris Package Group, some quality of what happens will depend on the skill and effort of our NCL Rep.

Hope we have a good one!:)

We arrive 11:30 on 27th as well (from LAX). The information on our edocs indicates the 1/2 day tour is at the discretion of the hotel. Maybe we should contact our hotels? (Since neither 12 or 13 day and Melia or Mercure know when the tour is to happen)

I'm really looking at other ideas - like the tower tour mentioned by Gary - hoping to get that arranged as well as Versailles or Louvre.

We arrive 11:30 on 27th as well (from LAX). The information on our edocs indicates the 1/2 day tour is at the discretion of the hotel. Maybe we should contact our hotels? (Since neither 12 or 13 day and Melia or Mercure know when the tour is to happen)

I'm really looking at other ideas - like the tower tour mentioned by Gary - hoping to get that arranged as well as Versailles or Louvre.

Depending on your likes, you may want to just spend time in Paris.

http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/3-days-in-paris-go-to-versailles-or-not.cfm

Depending on your likes, you may want to just spend time in Paris.

http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/3-days-in-paris-go-to-versailles-or-not.cfm

Thank you - point taken. Husband has been encouraged by coworkers to make the trip - once he reads your reference I'm sure he'll adjust his list of "places to see"

Thank you - point taken. Husband has been encouraged by coworkers to make the trip - once he reads your reference

I'm sure he'll adjust his list of "places to see"

Ha! It's your choice; just get your time planned out.

We have friends that have a vacation home in France.

David says, Yes!... Versailles is a place that can't be missed, but you may not have the time to see it.:confused::) ;)

Actually, we were advised to wait until May, when the gardens may be at their best.

And, not to spend time inside the buildings.

We are on the 3 nt bundle staying at the Sofitel La Defense. Miami to Charles De Gaulle arriving 11:20 a.m. Monday. By the time we get to the hotel it it will be early afternoon.

My travel agent tried to find out yesterday what day the 1/2 day tour of Paris is scheduled for, but to no avail she even called Gate-1 travel. I'd like to make some concrete plans. I sure would like to know how this voucher works for the tour.

This is our first time in Paris will I need to carry Euros in my pocket for the public restrooms?

p.s. I hope the Union workers of Air France behave themselves and not go on strike. What a disgrace to see the CEO's having their shirts and jackets ripped of them. It was on t.v. last week. Air France plan on laying off 2,900 workers.

We are on the 3 nt bundle staying at the Sofitel La Defense. Miami to Charles De Gaulle arriving 11:20 a.m. Monday. By the time we get to the hotel it it will be early afternoon.

My travel agent tried to find out yesterday what day the 1/2 day tour of Paris is scheduled for, but to no avail she even called Gate-1 travel. I'd like to make some concrete plans. I sure would like to know how this voucher works for the tour.

This is our first time in Paris will I need to carry Euros in my pocket for the public restrooms?

p.s. I hope the Union workers of Air France behave themselves and not go on strike. What a disgrace to see the CEO's having their shirts and jackets ripped of them. It was on t.v. last week. Air France plan on laying off 2,900 workers.

Hi!

I'll be staying in a different hotel in Montmartre, but will be on the same plane as you from Miami to CDG. See you on the plane.

I'm a bit worried about Air France's probllems too, but I hope NCL will take good care of us! Fingers and toes crossed!

I'll have Euros on me, buy not coins! Thanks for the reminder to get coins! I haven't been in Paris since the francs were used for the outdoor toilets.

The bundle was disappointing for me that you can't plan things since the information on the 1/2 day tour and other information needed is not provided, So, I'm playing it all by ear and hoping for the best.

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica

Woke up this morning and realized we leave in 14 days on this adventure. I am scared and excited at the same time. Nothing concrete planned. Have been reading a lot about the area the hotel is in. They call Montmartre a city within the city. I am looking forward to just walking the area. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and we won't have any rain. See some of you in 15 days and the others when we board the train for London. Everyone have safe travels.

Donna

Donna - been so busy here - I'm running a countywide workshop on the 18th (250 or so people) SO ready for this vacation and thrilled I'll have a week to get suitcases out and packed, organize the care of our 14 yr old with his sibs, explain to the dog we aren't taking him (again) - oh and there's Halloween, chocolates, beads, euros, contact the CC companies and tell them we're going.......

I did get our Sunset Eiffel Tower Tour booked (using Fat Tire Tours) for the 28th at 5pm.

Thought about contacting the hotel regarding the 1/2 day tour - as they are the ones holding the info (according to NCL) - just can't hold our breath anymore.

Hop on hop off should be just as fun.

Hi!

I'll be staying in a different hotel in Montmartre, but will be on the same plane as you from Miami to CDG. See you on the plane.

I'm a bit worried about Air France's probllems too, but I hope NCL will take good care of us! Fingers and toes crossed!

I'll have Euros on me, buy not coins! Thanks for the reminder to get coins! I haven't been in Paris since the francs were used for the outdoor toilets.

The bundle was disappointing for me that you can't plan things since the information on the 1/2 day tour and other information needed is not provided, So, I'm playing it all by ear and hoping for the best.

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica

As much as I am looking forward to the 1/2 day tour, we are not going to worry about it. We made our plans and if the tour fits our schedule so be it. If not we will do it on our own. There are certain things we want to see and will not miss. For instance Versaille is not open on Mondays I think, la Lourve not open on Tuesdays. So we are not going to worry about it. Can always do the hop-on hop-off busses around the city.

Donna - been so busy here - I'm running a countywide workshop on the 18th (250 or so people) SO ready for this vacation and thrilled I'll have a week to get suitcases out and packed, organize the care of our 14 yr old with his sibs, explain to the dog we aren't taking him (again) - oh and there's Halloween, chocolates, beads, euros, contact the CC companies and tell them we're going.......

I did get our Sunset Eiffel Tower Tour booked (using Fat Tire Tours) for the 28th at 5pm.

Thought about contacting the hotel regarding the 1/2 day tour - as they are the ones holding the info (according to NCL) - just can't hold our breath anymore.

Hop on hop off should be just as fun.

Cruise Momma

If I can ask how much you paid for the sunset tour of the eiffel tower? We paid 54.45 USD. for ours through viator.

Gary - we tried to get viator - they were sold out! :( so we looked around and found Fat Tire had either day - we are not taking chances that there are flight "issues" so we are doing walking or hop on hop off or "whatever" arrival day. Pushing it all onto Wednesday - again if the 1/2 day tour is in our way, oh well, we don't want to miss out on the Eiffel Tower at sunset! It is our anniversary trip after all - last time we were in "Paris" it was the hotel in Las Vegas. (Paid 59.00 each since that's what you asked)

My husband is rather adventurous and figures we can just do whatever - he says to get the Paris City Pass which gives us transportation, one day hop on hop off bus and one Seine River cruise along with entrance to 60 museums (including Louvre, Orsay, Arc de Triumph, Notre Dame, Pantheon....)

http://booking.parisinfo.com/z6200e2x26827m466g3514_uk-paris-city-pass.aspx

Edited by Cruise Mama

some of the reviews for the hop on off buses are not good. The people complained about the traffic and construction. One man waited for over an hour for his bus to arrive while other buses from different companies passed his bus stop. There were other complaints but you would half to read them yourself. One man wrote buy a daily pass for the public bus for 5 euros. L' Open Bus received a favorable review.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.... We are a bit overwhelmed by trying to fill in our 3 days in Paris. Flying Air France (seats 30A&B) from Miami Oct. 25th and staying at Melia La Defence. Thinking of taking metro into downtown Paris in afternoon of 26th just to walk around. With so much to see in Paris the 2 day Paris Pass for 99 Euro sounds like the best deal for 27th & 28th.

some of the reviews for the hop on off buses are not good. The people complained about the traffic and construction. One man waited for over an hour for his bus to arrive while other buses from different companies passed his bus stop. There were other complaints but you would half to read them yourself. One man wrote buy a daily pass for the public bus for 5 euros. L' Open Bus received a favorable review.

Thank you for sharing what you've discovered.

I've been SO busy ClearwaterFlorida it seems overwhelming to me too!

I do think the ParisPass works out to be a bit of advantage as it does give access to several means of transportation as well as access to several places we want to see. Allows us to choose as we go.

I found 2 days for 99e

According to the website it is from the "official Paris convention and visitors bureau"

http://booking.parisinfo.com/z6200e2x26827m466g3514_uk-paris-city-pass.aspx

I found that one too but then I looked at Viator and another one and they were much more expensive. On the "official" one I didn't see the lock on the top bar to show it is a secure sight.

When we were at two weeks away, there was still one thing bugging us about the NCL Escape "Paris Package".

We were trying to finish up some Paris scheduling, however we still don't know the day or time of

The NCL Complimentary Paris 1/2 day Bus Tour.

Asked Travel Agent; no response.

Asked NCL, no response/no clue.

Asked Hotel guest relations, no response yet.:)

Edited by $hip$hape

When we were at two weeks away, there was still one thing bugging us about the NCL Escape "Paris Package".

We were trying to finish up some Paris scheduling, however we still don't know the day or time of

The NCL Complimentary Paris 1/2 day Bus Tour.

Asked Travel Agent; no response.

Asked NCL, no response/no clue.

Asked Hotel guest relations, no response yet.:)

We were told that it would be the morning of the second day, So we arrive on the 26th of October at 11:30am or so, and that would put it on the morning of the 27th. I contacted NCL Travel Agent for this response. Hopefully it is correct.