Escape Paris Package (TransAtlantic Sail Date October 29, 2015

$hip$hape

Good Morning Everyone:

I have not made our final payment yet and have received my cabin assignment. I have talked with my Senior Cruise Consultant and at this time am not able to change cabins. He did tell me my flight information, with the understanding that it is subject to change. He also informed me that they are using 2 hotels for this package, Melia la Defense and Pullman la Defense. As for transporting us to the train station on Thursday morning it will be between 8-10am. Shuttling us to Southampton from London will be by motor coach and it does have a toilet on them.

Donna and Don

Buford, GA

staying at Melia

Donna,

Tell Don... when in Paris, wear whatever you want!

IMG_5339_2.jpg

Here, with 66 days to go, we still don't know our cabin number. (That's okay:))

What about Paris?

If you have the time, I'll preface by telling of my first trip to NYC.(years ago)

With a business group of four old timers, and me a first timer, I had a late afternoon flight into , LaGuardia Airport, NYC.

Transferred to downtown Manhattan for a next-day meeting.

WE checked in to a hotel and directly proceeded to “Beefsteak Charlie's“ restaurant ,

where, with your steak, beer and salad was complimentary.

After a few hours of beer and salads, I said, since we're going home tomorrow, “Let's order our steaks now, so we can GET OUT OF HERE and see NYC!”

THEY said, “The beer here is free! Why go somewhere else;

There's nothing to see NYC; THERE'S NOTHING TO SEE !”

Soooo.... What's your priority for sites in PARIS?

Out of the many museums in Paris, Catherine and I want to see at least one.

...and maybe pick up a bon bon at a chocolate shop.

Edited by $hip$hape

Whew, now I know we will fit in the Paris scene...got scared there for a moment and thought by the way we dressed

they would know we were tourist.;)

THEY know. Most everyone in Paris is a tourist.:p

Note to newbies : Please; wear what's comfortable. Just don't go there showing off your favorite tank top, cutoffs and backwards ball cap.:o:(:eek:

Still waiting impatiently for flight and cabin info. We're flying from Miami on the 25th. That's all we know. Anyone have their flight info yet?

Sue

Sue,

65 days 'til cruise; 61 days 'til Paris.

JUST got our cabin assignment !

Should have flight info in the next few days !

Still waiting impatiently for flight and cabin info. We're flying from Miami on the 25th. That's all we know. Anyone have their flight info yet?

Sue

Hi Sue!

I've had our Cabin Assignment for ages. Tried to beg my NCL consultant to find out my flights, but no luck. I will be flying out of Miami though. My "MyNCL" says I'm staying in Montmartre, but the reservation I got when I paid says that the hotel is TO BE ASSIGNED". I'm really anxious to get our confirmed info so we can plan our time in Paris.

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica

We are on the 2 day and also staying at Melia la Defense. Flying out of DTW.

Hoping for Delta so I can work with them for an upgrade. :)

Luckily for us, one of her employees spends that time if the year living outside of Paris and teaching English and has taken the days off to hang out with us.

We got our cabin assignment 2 weeks ago without doing final payment yet (about 3 weeks out, been trying to do this one totally in cash and no credit card charges).

Our TA said we wouldn't get out air details till a few weeks after the final due date. Luckily for us, it really doesn't matter. We're just going with the flow as it will be the first time we've had a vacation during our companies "season" and we've worked for the company for 14 years (me) and 16 years (her).

We're just happy we're going. :)

CP Tech, You asked a good question about transfers/eDocs on the main thread:

"Saw the voucher for the hotel (doing the 2 days in Paris package) and the Eurostar to London.

The one thing I didn't see what transfer from the airport in Paris to the hotel."

Looking back, my documents only say, "Transfers included to the pier in Southampton."

I forwarded the question about a rep meeting us at the Paris Airport to my TA, to ask NCL.

Also in your eDocs/paperwork, did you receive any info about the bus from London to Southampton?

CP Tech, You asked a good question about transfers/eDocs on the main thread:

"Saw the voucher for the hotel (doing the 2 days in Paris package) and the Eurostar to London.

The one thing I didn't see what transfer from the airport in Paris to the hotel."

Looking back, my documents only say, "Transfers included to the pier in Southampton."

I forwarded the question about a rep meeting us at the Paris Airport to my TA, to ask NCL.

Also in your eDocs/paperwork, did you receive any info about the bus from London to Southampton?

Reply from my TA:

Hi Michael,

I checked with NCL and there will be a representative waiting for you when you arrive in Paris to transfer you to the hotel.

This information should be included with your final documents which should be available very soon. Please let me know if any other questions come up at this time. Have a great day!

Thanks,

Emily

Hi!

Got my e-docs today. Called Air France to check on my seat assignments and add my Delta account numbers to the res. Found that NCL had my hubby and me not sitting together--I was in A and my DH in C and someone else in B!!!!

I changed it, but the phone rep told me that I'd have to buy premium economy seats on line, but the Web site wouldn't let me!! I'll figure it out.

As someone mentioned before, there was no voucher for the motor coach from CDG to the hotel. But since the NCL confirmation says on Oct 26 A bus to the hotel, I stopped worrying. I assumed that an NCL rep will be at the airport to help us!

See you all soon!!!

Regards,

Sandy and Bill

Costa Rica

One more thing, Sue!

The main account page for my cruises doesn't show that the e-docs are available. In fact, when you go into View Reservation, it'll tell you you're 64 days out right now. However, from that page, go into Vacation Summary. It's there that it says we're 60 days out. There is a link there that says Download e-docs. My guess is that they're there. Let me know if that works for you.

Any questions, just call me on 440-499-6610 (my Cleveland, OH number) if you're in the US. If not, write me an email at sneundor at gmail dot com.

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica

Are you on Air France? If so, did you upgrade on line or by phone? I don't seem to be able to do it.

Regards,

Sandy

On-line no issues.

Delta #400 out of JFK/ NYC to Paris

AA#64 return to JFK from Miami

Hmm.. maybe Air France is different?

Edited by $hip$hape

Yep, Air France is different! Even though they're a sister airline to Delta, they live by different rules! Darn! I guess I'll be really beat if I can't upgrade at the airport which looks like my only choice right now. :(

Thanks for your response!

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica

Yep, Air France is different! Even though they're a sister airline to Delta, they live by different rules! Darn! I guess I'll be really beat if I can't upgrade at the airport which looks like my only choice right now. :(

Thanks for your response!

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica

How about posting a question on the cruise/air boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128

Some air savvy pax(know-it-alls) there.:)

How about posting a question on the cruise/air boards:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128

Some air savvy pax(know-it-alls) there.:)

Someone already asked recently, and the response was that it probably would not be possible!! I guess I'm back to waiting until flight day. I may try to talk to Delta and see if they can help, but I doubt it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I always forget about the forums!

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica

FYI... our eDocs just showed on MyNCL about 9pm.:)

of course,

Go to the Download eDocs hyperlink at the top right of the MyNCL Page

Already upgraded our plane seats.:D

Just checked - still not available. Hopefully tomorrow! Thanks!

Sue