Escape Paris Package (TransAtlantic Sail Date October 29, 2015

$hip$hape

I remember when I booked this trip including Paris there was a Paris tour included but I don't see anything about the tour now.

Does anyone have information about this tour?

From one of NCL's most recent Paris Package ads;

12-Day Transatlantic from Southampton Bundle (Air, Hotel & Cruise)

10-night cruise on Norwegian Escape

2-night pre-cruise Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacré-Coeur hotel in Paris with daily breakfast

Half-day Paris tour

(plus a list of the amenities)

I have a copy of what was offered when we booked;

Daily breakfast and half-day Paris tour included

A guided tour including a drive along the Champs Elysee to the Arc de Triomphe. See the Eiffel Tower, Cathedral of Notre Dame, Napoleon's Tomb, the Latin Quarter, and the lively Opera district.

I was going to discuss this at a later time,

but start if you wish.:)

From one of NCL's most recent Paris Package ads;

12-Day Transatlantic from Southampton Bundle (Air, Hotel & Cruise)

10-night cruise on Norwegian Escape

2-night pre-cruise Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacré-Coeur hotel in Paris with daily breakfast

Half-day Paris tour

(plus a list of the amenities)

I have a copy of what was offered when we booked;

Daily breakfast and half-day Paris tour included

A guided tour including a drive along the Champs Elysee to the Arc de Triomphe. See the Eiffel Tower, Cathedral of Notre Dame, Napoleon's Tomb, the Latin Quarter, and the lively Opera district.

I was going to discuss this at a later time,

but start if you wish.:)

Yes, that's it! Thanks.

I'm wondering if we'll have time for more sightseeing since it is only 2 nights. Maybe if we arrive at the hotel early we'll have time for the HOHO bus. What do you think?

Yes, that's it! Thanks.

I'm wondering if we'll have time for more sightseeing since it is only 2 nights. Maybe if we arrive at the hotel early we'll have time for the HOHO bus. What do you think?

Even though we don't have flights yet - our intinerary shows us arriving LATE (7pm) in the day on the 27th (actually leaving on the 26th). So not sure how much time will be available FOR US - we fly from LAX to CDG.

We are very much hoping to get around to see as much as possible - we figure we can sleep on the ship (we gain extra hours as we sail west)

(Sorry don't mean anything except for emphasis when using caps) :)

Yes, that's it! Thanks.

I'm wondering if we'll have time for more sightseeing since it is only 2 nights.

Maybe if we arrive at the hotel early we'll have time for the HOHO bus.

What do you think?

Catherine and I have the 13 Day package.

If the included "half-day drive by" tour bus does not fit into our plans, we'll just skip it. Right now, we don't know which day it will be on.

Mon. Plan on the Hop-on-Hop Off Bus, since we'll be loopy from the flight and time change. Particular stops to get off not decided at this time(I might just fall asleep whilst listening to headphones).:)

Tue. Dedicated to the Eiffel Tower.

Will be making reservations for the champagne/lunch as soon as they become available. Includes no lines and top of tower.(I hope)

Wed. Museums; most likely the Orsay http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/home.html

Note to self; Don't overbook and check to see what days each museum is closed.

Sorry for such a small picture - but here's the info - I keep copies of all the amenities published (as well as "conditions") it serves us well should things change to the contrary on board.

There's also the dinner for two in 3 restaurants, bottle of wine, 20 photos, and on board credit (at least that was with the package we booked - 12 day (2 days Paris, airfare to CDG, transfers to the port)

If this helps;

attachment.php?attachmentid=355939&d=1436806849

After tonight, 100 sleeps !

We're labeling October 27th Eiffel Tower Day.

We've been collecting information, and after much discussion,

plans are to do lunch at 58 Tour Eiffel (on the first floor), then go to the summit for a glass of champagne.

(Once you are on the first or second floor, tickets are available from a kiosk to continue to the summit/third floor).

On-Line tickets will not be available until July 29th from the official Eiffel Tower web-site.

In the mean time, found another site where we "Skip the line and go to lunch at 58 Tour Eiffel".

http://www.pariscityvision.com/en/eiffeltower-restaurant-lunch

We want to book their later lunch, but have a few more questions.

...waiting for e-mail reply.:)

I talked to my travel agent tonight. She looked up my reservation online with NCL. She got my flight info. We are flying from JFK on Oct. 25th leaving on Delta at 8:30pm arriving on the 26th at 8:35 am. We are also flying Delta from Miami back to JFK on Nov. 8th leaving Miami at 2:55 pm arriving back at JFK at 5:55 pm. My sister who is flying from Atlanta on Air France leaves at 10:15 pm arriving at 11:10 am. Then flies Delta from Miami at 12:45 pm arriving at 2:43 pm. No seat assignments yet but we are getting closer.

I talked to my travel agent tonight. She looked up my reservation online with NCL. She got my flight info. We are flying from JFK on Oct. 25th leaving on Delta at 8:30pm arriving on the 26th at 8:35 am. We are also flying Delta from Miami back to JFK on Nov. 8th leaving Miami at 2:55 pm arriving back at JFK at 5:55 pm. My sister who is flying from Atlanta on Air France leaves at 10:15 pm arriving at 11:10 am. Then flies Delta from Miami at 12:45 pm arriving at 2:43 pm. No seat assignments yet but we are getting closer.

Gary,

Thanks for the info.

Until we are “ticketed” from NCL(when NCL pays the airline), I don't want to book connecting flights from and to Buffalo (BUF ).

In the past, the earlier we received flight info, the more changes we see.

You prodded me to e-mail my TA this morning.

Her response:

Prospected Flight Schedule

Outbound

Delta #400 JFK 10/25 8:30 PM – CDG 10/26 8:35 AM

Inbound

American Airlines #64 MIA 11/08 12:32 PM – JFK 11/08 3:38 PM

Please be advised that this is a *temporary flight schedule that it is subject to change.*

*flights always subject to change until 60 days prior to sailing when airfare is finalized/ticketed

We like to keep an eye on when we are “ticketed”, so we can go on-line with the airline and select seats; the sooner the better.

In the past we have upgraded to better seats, for an additional fee to the airline of course.

Initially, we chose an Oceanview (OA 11104) since we did not plan on using a balcony for this transatlantic cruise.

(This is the same cabin we had for the Breakaway's maiden transatlantic voyage, and we really liked it!)

However, with re-booking to the Paris Package, came the Guarantee Stateroom (GTY).

Recently looked at the Oceanview cabins/category on NCL's website.

The only thing I see available is the Oceanview GTY category.

So, I wonder how that will affect the OX GTY pax not yet given an assignment ?

Have we already been “temporally” assigned and accounted for?

"Once the cabin (GTY) is assigned it cannot be change unless you are willing to pay more to move to a category

where you will be able to pick your cabin." From Q&A answered 10 months ago*byNCLSTAFF28-*Miami

From other posts...

"The best approach would be to expect to get the worst cabin on the ship, then be glad when you probably don't.

There is always the chance of an upgrade but you should never expect it nor be disappointed if you do not get one. "

"Before sailing, you may receive an "upgrade" (upsell) offer. Beware.

It may be to a cabin that's undesirable, and thus, not yet booked."

From NCL:

Guarantee Oceanview

A Guarantee stateroom (GTY) guarantees an Oceanview stateroom or better!

Please note that the view may be fully obstructed, partially obstructed, porthole or picture window.

Your stateroom may be on any deck and assigned up to one day prior to embarkation.

My Notes from NCL statement:

So we may get better than an Oceanview?

Is a “fully obstructed” Oceanview oxymoronic?:)

I see no “porthole” Oceanview windows category on NCL Escape deck plans.

What would be “obstructing” the view on Deck 5, or the OA cabins the front of the ship?

Would they dare give us a cabin on Deck 5 across the hall from the Guppies ?:eek::p

We have now changed from the 12 day package to the 13 day package. The price difference was only $200 for another day. We are now back in the waiting game for cabin assignment, which I am ok with since I really didn't like the location of the one we had. My TA says that the hotel will be assigned later, however when I went online this morning, it is showing Mecure. I was hoping to stay at the Melia where we were first assigned. Oh, well it is what it is.

So Gary, we will probably be going on the same flight as your sister from Atlanta.

Donna

MyNCL says 90 Days to Go.

(I understand that even the Havens are having trouble booking reservations.)

Just for the fun of it, thought I would try a reservation at a specialty restaurant today;

(since NCL still shows nothing as far as Entertainment).

Even though Cagney's Steakhouse shows as "complimentary" in the dining category, it's not.

We paid for it as part of the "Paris Package".

NCL web-site response:

Reserve Dining on 10/29/2015:

"We are sorry, this event is not available to book online at the moment. Please check back later or book on board the ship."

We'll keep looking until we get an answer.:)

On-Line MyNCL - The Spa and Dining Reservations are now open,

however no entertainment reservations at this time.

On-line booking for dining is messed-up. The choices you have to pick from are screwy and don't match what's wanted.

We may book a few and see what happens.

Make changes later.

Lots of time to play with this.:p

After tonight, 100 sleeps !

We're labeling October 27th Eiffel Tower Day.

We've been collecting information, and after much discussion,

plans are to do lunch at 58 Tour Eiffel (on the first floor), then go to the summit for a glass of champagne.

(Once you are on the first or second floor, tickets are available from a kiosk to continue to the summit/third floor).

On-Line tickets will not be available until July 29th from the official Eiffel Tower web-site.

In the mean time, found another site where we "Skip the line and go to lunch at 58 Tour Eiffel".

http://www.pariscityvision.com/en/eiffeltower-restaurant-lunch

We want to book their later lunch, but have a few more questions.

...waiting for e-mail reply.:)

We just booked the 13 day, staying at Melia. We're interested in the lunch at the Eiffel Tower. It looks like it can be booked directly on the Eiffel website. We're a little confused as to what confirmation we would get and whether we have to stand in line. Do you know how the reservations work. Thanks for any help. We're really looking forward to this trip!

Oops! One more question. Our confirmation from NCL doesn't have anything about the half-day tour. Does anyone have any info on this?

We just booked the 13 day, staying at Melia. We're interested in the lunch at the Eiffel Tower.

It looks like it can be booked directly on the Eiffel website.

We're a little confused as to what confirmation we would get and whether we have to stand in line. Do you know how the reservations work. Thanks for any help. We're really looking forward to this trip!

Oops! One more question. Our confirmation from NCL doesn't have anything

about the half-day tour. Does anyone have any info on this?

If you go back to post#30, there's some info about the half-day tour mixed in with other information.

At this time, we don't know the day or the hour of the NCL tour.

We've been to Paris before, so don't care if we miss their drive-by tour.

I'm not sure what information you want/need about the Eiffel Tower Lunch.

WE booked thru the web-site mentioned previously. Received email confirmation/paperwork and details where to meet so we can "skip-the-line".

Yes, you may be able to do the same by directly booking thru the Eiffel Tower website. They have instuctions(translated) on their website.

Let me know what you decide.

Michael

Yes, you may be able to do the same by directly booking thru the Eiffel Tower website. They have instuctions(translated) on their website.

Let me know what you decide.

Michael

Thanks for the info. We bit the bullet and decided to do dinner at the Eiffel Tower. Hope to meet you.

Sue/Larry

On-Line MyNCL - The Spa and Dining Reservations are now open,

however no entertainment reservations at this time.

On-line booking for dining is messed-up. The choices you have to pick from are screwy and don't match what's wanted.

We may book a few and see what happens.

Make changes later.

Lots of time to play with this.:p

Our Dinner reservations are complete except for Cagneys. For some reason neither NCL shore excursion/dining reservations nor I can make the reservations for dinner. In order to get entertainment reservations I called NCL directly. We have reservations for "Million Dollar Quartet" as well as a floor table for the John Hughes dinner theater. The tickets for the dinner theater come to about $70 per couple including the 18% service charge. They only have floor seating left and you have to pay for them when you book. the number I called is the number on their web site for customer care area

minor detail...

On Tuesday October 27th, there will be a Full Moon in Paris.

(There is one full moon, at a single moment, everyplace in the world.)

BTW,

There is a movie called “Full Moon In Paris”

"we fill our days with meaningless trivia"

This thread is for all those already booked with the Paris Package !

Talked to my TA today.

TA says even if I paid up in advance, will not get flight information until about 60 out. (We still need to book flights to and from Buffalo) We'll be flying out of JFK.

Since this package was with GTY's I wonder if anyone has yet received cabin assignments?

Once again, this thread is for Paris information.

The main roll-call is at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2018230

77 days to go.

No cabin assignment yet, however, that gives us something to look forward to...

and maybe the only cabins left will be in a higher category:confused::).

We're listed as staying at the Meliá Paris La Défense. Anyone else?

Before we take flight, I wonder if there will be any changes in hotel assignments?

No cabin assignment yet, however, that gives us something to look forward to...

and maybe the only cabins left will be in a higher category:confused::).

We're listed as staying at the Meliá Paris La Défense. Anyone else?

Before we take flight, I wonder if there will be any changes in hotel assignments?

We're on the 12 day - I think that means La Defense - but there could always be changes right?

We've had cabin changes before - so maybe they're trying to save you from "address changes" ;)

Edited by Cruise Mama

Hi fellow bundlers!

I'm paid!

I'm supposed to be in the Mercure Montmartre Sacre-Coeur, but today's paid confirmation came through saying that the hotel is to be assigned. My NCL consultant told me that the hotel is not firm until 10 days before!!!!

Thank goodness I'm flexible!

Can't wait to see you and Wayne, Tammy! Looking forward to meeting lots of new folks too.

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica

Months ago I was working through questions about flights, transportation and hotels...

Then we switched to the NCL "Paris Package".

Recently, following the main thread and seeing other pax dealing with the same issues,

I feel a little sheepish about being lazy just and booking this "bundle".

Everything seems to be going well.

When we get down to under 60 days, we'll have more information.

Then, maybe, we'll have something to be concerned about ?:confused::D

Here's some nice info about the Paris Metro:

"Don't be shy about using the subway (Metro) in Paris.

It is incredibly easy to navigate. If I can do it; anyone can do it.

They have set it up so you can go anyplace and not get lost."

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/21f4d7/

Paris is always a good idea.

Michael

Edited by $hip$hape

We are so far assigned to the Sofitel Paris La Defense Im wondering if there are several La Defenses Really looking forward to all of this. Just wish I could figure out all this New dining stuff We are Platinum Cruisers and the more I read the more I feel like a newbee.

Just wish I could figure out all this New dining stuff We are Platinum Cruisers and the more I read the more I feel like a newbee.

Us too!!!! We'll find out soon. LOL

We're at the Mercure Montmartre Sacre-Coeur, but we'll see you on board if not before.

Regards,

Sandy and Bill

Costa Rica