Escape Paris Package (TransAtlantic Sail Date October 29, 2015

$hip$hape

We are on the same flight! 83K and 83L

Hope to meet you!

Cory and Michael

Best of Luck to you all and looks like (you all) may be meeting in Miami.

Out of curiosity, I was wondering about the number of seat rows & looked at the seat map;

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_France/Air_France_Airbus_A380_V2.php

94 rows of seats... that is a BIG plane! :eek::)

Best of Luck to you all and looks like (you all) may be meeting in Miami.

Out of curiosity, I was wondering about the number of seat rows & looked at the seat map;

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_France/Air_France_Airbus_A380_V2.php

94 rows of seats... that is a BIG plane! :eek::)

Hey Ship Shape-

I believe it is the largest plane in the air now, supposed to be the quietest plane...2 levels!

Very excited! we should have a dress code to identify each other with - LOL!:D

We are on the same flight! 83K and 83L

Hope to meet you!

Cory and Michael

Same here Cory and Michael!

We're tentatively in 24F&G -- two of the four seats on the right hand side of the plane.

See you both in a little over a month.

Regards,

Sandy and Bill

Costa Rica

PS Anyone staying at the Hyatt House at Miami Airport on the 24th?

Hi!

Sorry if you mentioned it, but I don't remember!!!! Where do you change planes on the way to Paris? Just wondering if I'll be seeing you in Miami?

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica

We're nonstop LAX to CDG.

We'll have to wait until the transfer to the ship.

Depending on who gets to the train first, we'll have to save seats!

Same here Cory and Michael!

We're tentatively in 24F&G -- two of the four seats on the right hand side of the plane.

See you both in a little over a month.

Regards,

Sandy and Bill

Costa Rica

PS Anyone staying at the Hyatt House at Miami Airport on the 24th?

Hi Sandy and Bill, We are on AF #99, 39G&J. We are at Hyatt Place Miami Airport West / Doral, get in the 25th. Staying at the Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre-Coeur for two nights. Looking forward to meeting you.

Bill & Mary

Hi Sandy and Bill, We are on AF #99, 39G&J. We are at Hyatt Place Miami Airport West / Doral, get in the 25th. Staying at the Mercure Paris Montmartre Sacre-Coeur for two nights. Looking forward to meeting you.

Bill & Mary

Hi Bill and Mary!

I'm sure we'll catch up with each other at the Mercure! Ditto on meeting the two of you!!! Have a safe trip to Mia and Paris.

Regards,

Sandy and Bill

Costa Rica

Why are there two nights at Mercure AND three nights and Melia?

I actually have an answer for you, Tammy.

Before final payment, I kept rechecking prices for the 13-day package and found the bundle regularly changed hotels in its offer. I thought it was because the Mercure Montmartre had filled up, but that wasn't so since they offered it again later on. I'm sure the same thing happened with the 12-night bundle. Hence, you'll have 12 and 13 nighters at the different hotels.

Did you really want to know?

Regards,

Sandy

Costa Rica

I actually have an answer for you, Tammy.

Before final payment, I kept rechecking prices for the 13-day package and found the bundle regularly changed hotels in its offer........ Hence, you'll have 12 and 13 nighters at the different hotels.

Too bad it wasn't an "option" - would have been fun to reconnect with cruising friends earlier!

It's an opportunity to make a few new ones.

As long as it stays the hotel listed - it has been tricky trying to guess whether they were going to change hotels at the last minute.

(Other things NCL have been a little unstable lately - ie they keep changing my address etc to my moms - we don't even live in the same city!)

Btw yes - 10 hour flight - gives us plenty of time to adjust to the time difference!

Too bad it wasn't an "option" - would have been fun to reconnect with cruising friends earlier!

It's an opportunity to make a few new ones.

As long as it stays the hotel listed - it has been tricky trying to guess whether they were going to change hotels at the last minute.

(Other things NCL have been a little unstable lately - ie they keep changing my address etc to my moms - we don't even live in the same city!)

Btw yes - 10 hour flight - gives us plenty of time to adjust to the time difference!

Actually 10 hours from LA isn't bad considering I have an 8 1/2 hour flight from Miami!

I'm thinking that my hotel might get changed. My original reservation was to stay in Montmartre, but my latest confirmation (after I paid) said to be determined. However, the NCL site and my edocs (with hotel voucher) say Montmartre. But NCL could still decide to put us wherever they want.

It makes it hard to plan when you don't know things like where you're staying and other info like when the 1/2 day tour is and etc. I'm sure I'll enjoy my trip, but it makes me leery of buying an NCL bundle in the future.

Anyone on the 12 or 13 night package book anything to do in Paris? We booked 3 sightseeing excursions in Paris. For the day we get to Paris (Oct 26th) we are doing a sunset on the Eiffel tower that is limited to 20 people and allows access to all 3 level of the tower. It starts at 5:30 pm. The 27th we are doing an afternoon "front of the line" trip to Versailles includes round trip transportation from Paris to Versailles by train. Then on the morning of the 28th we have a 9:45 am "front of the line" Tour of the Louvre with the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo. For 4 of us all 3 tours totaled $900 US. If anyone is interested in the company we booked through can contact me here or by email at garylev35 at aol dot com.

Months ago I was working through questions about flights, transportation and hotels...

Then we switched to the NCL "Paris Package".

Recently, following the main thread and seeing other pax dealing with the same issues,

I feel a little sheepish about being lazy just and booking this "bundle".

Everything seems to be going well.

When we get down to under 60 days, we'll have more information.

Then, maybe, we'll have something to be concerned about ?:confused::D

Here's some nice info about the Paris Metro:

"Don't be shy about using the subway (Metro) in Paris.

It is incredibly easy to navigate. If I can do it; anyone can do it.

They have set it up so you can go anyplace and not get lost."

http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/21f4d7/

Paris is always a good idea.

Michael

I know Paris quite well and would strongly advise using the Metro, its fantastic and you can easily get anywhere you want to go. Just establish your final destination on the station map and it will show you the route and any change of metro. Even if you go wrong, you can just get another route. Be sure to buy either a "carnet de dix", thats a bundle of 10 tickets that you can use as you wish.

I know Paris quite well and would strongly advise using the Metro, its fantastic and you can easily get anywhere you want to go. Just establish your final destination on the station map and it will show you the route and any change of metro. Even if you go wrong, you can just get another route. Be sure to buy either a "carnet de dix", thats a bundle of 10 tickets that you can use as you wish.

I contacted my bank yesterday and found out I can purchase Euros before we leave. Just have to go to the bank, order them and will have them in 2 business days. Trying to get out how much I will need for 3 days.

What does it cost to take the Metro? I have been looking for a map that I can print out and so far not much luck. This being our first time in Paris we were just going to do some easy things. I would like to do the Batobus that allows you to get on and off at 9 stops, but am having a hard time trying to figure out how to get there from our hotel at Mercure. I've seen there is a location near the Eiffel Tower to pick up the boat and I figured this would be a good starting point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone on the 12 or 13 night package book anything to do in Paris? We booked 3 sightseeing excursions in Paris. For the day we get to Paris (Oct 26th) we are doing a sunset on the Eiffel tower that is limited to 20 people and allows access to all 3 level of the tower. It starts at 5:30 pm. The 27th we are doing an afternoon "front of the line" trip to Versailles includes round trip transportation from Paris to Versailles by train. Then on the morning of the 28th we have a 9:45 am "front of the line" Tour of the Louvre with the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo. For 4 of us all 3 tours totaled $900 US. If anyone is interested in the company we booked through can contact me here or by email at garylev35 at aol dot com.

Gary:

That is a great deal you got. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Called Air France last night because I can't add our reservation to my Air France account. So while I was on the line I asked the agent a bunch of questions.

For those looking to change their seats, you might want to look into doing it now, the cost for upgrading from economy to economy plus ranges from $32 to $75 depending on where you want to sit on the plane. They allow changes up to 72 hours before take-off.

Asked about taking an additional piece of luggage and the cost for 1 additional checked piece is $100.

If you are having problems seeing your reservation on Air France, here is a number you can call them at: 1-800-667-2747 this number is for the people who did not book their travel through the Air France website. Much easier to get through to them.

Donna

Called Air France last night because I can't add our reservation to my Air France account. So while I was on the line I asked the agent a bunch of questions.

For those looking to change their seats, you might want to look into doing it now, the cost for upgrading from economy to economy plus ranges from $32 to $75 depending on where you want to sit on the plane. They allow changes up to 72 hours before take-off.

Asked about taking an additional piece of luggage and the cost for 1 additional checked piece is $100.

If you are having problems seeing your reservation on Air France, here is a number you can call them at: 1-800-667-2747 this number is for the people who did not book their travel through the Air France website. Much easier to get through to them.

Donna

I tried calling to see about an upgrade to economy plus but was told that these tickets do not allow any changes. They said we cannot upgrade or change anything.

I tried calling to see about an upgrade to economy plus but was told that these tickets do not allow any changes. They said we cannot upgrade or change anything.

I know some were able to easily upgrade, but I was told the same as you! I guess it depends on the rep you get!

Regards,

Sandy and Bill

Never had "package" air booked through NCL that could be changed or upgraded. Of course there's always their "premium air" dept.

I'm always thankful when I can get my mileage acct connected to the flights though.

Still wondering about the random hotel assignments.

Let's try to get an answer on that one.