Pay Phones at Cape Liberty

Barky

My car service has told me I must call them for pick up once I reach Cape Liberty. I do not have a cell phone and I have read there are no pay phones at the terminal. Is this true? If there really are phones there where are they? And, do they take change? Thanks.

I do not recall seeing any when I was there 3 weeks ago. It is an old industrial terminl building that probably had no nead for pay phones and by the time RCI came in, most people had cell phones so there was no need to pay phones. I am sure that someone in the terminal would let you use a phone if you needed one.

These days it's really tough to find a pay phone, especially if you're driving around looking for one. Because of vandalism and the fact that such a high percentage of the population has a cell phone, they are almost a thing of the past. You can get a trac fone at any discount department store for about $29 up. Walmart has one for that price now. I'm not sure how much service will come with the phone, but a 1 yr sevice card for the phone with 300 minutes runs about $89. These will work almost anywhere in the US.

Archived