Alternative first name ?

themanwithahat

Hi. We are booked on X612 next year with the extended family.

One of our number, my brother in law, does not like his first christian name and thus is always referred to by his middle name for everything where possible. Due to security/passport reasons, he has been booked under his real first name.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a "known as" on P&O - or would it cause more problems than its worth ? The only place I can think it is used is on the ID cards, and obviously the ships electronic systems.

Hi. We are booked on X612 next year with the extended family.

One of our number, my brother in law, does not like his first christian name and thus is always referred to by his middle name for everything where possible. Due to security/passport reasons, he has been booked under his real first name.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a "known as" on P&O - or would it cause more problems than its worth ? The only place I can think it is used is on the ID cards, and obviously the ships electronic systems.

On Princess you can load your details as wanting to be known as Mr/Mrs Bloggs, Sir/Madam or first name and I think the cruise cards are coded to indicate this to waiters/bartenders etc.

Not sure about how P&O deals with this, firstly the party will know everybodies name in it and secondly when the Cabin Steward introduces him/herself you can point out the preference of "call me Spike" or whatever. Other than that I am thinking you can request a note of the "known as" to be recorded on their computer system by visiting reception desk on board and raising the issue.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

One could always put a small self adhesive sticker on an inert part of your cruise card "call me Monty" or whatever; as long as it does not cover any official information. P&O stick small stickers on cruise cards for parents who are signatories at the kids club. So stickers do not impair the workings of the card.

Regards John

My partner rand I live in separate houses. We prefer that, and due to business commitments it is easier.Anyway when friends and family mention marriage we come out in rashes!!!:)

Anyway, we boarded Adonia and were having lunch. We were fortunate enough to be in a suite.

A man with a microphone appeared (Butler) and boomed "Will MR C....... AND MRS. B........ PLEASE MAKE THEIRSELVES KNOW... TO BE SHOWN TO THEIR CABIN"

We just stared at each other.. I mumbled "the kids would be mortified" then we burst out laughing.

At our age too!!!

Edited by indiana123

I've never had any trouble telling my steward and waiter "Please just call me Geoff" I usually end up getting Mr Geoff. But I suspect that may just be training to always use Mr and Mrs.

Could be quite confusing if your name is Brian. ;)

Can I be Frank with you per chance CrossBlueperchance, or should I call you Brian instead of Blue but what is making you cross on this forum?

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Can I be Frank with you per chance CrossBlueperchance, or should I call you Brian instead of Blue but what is making you cross on this forum?

Regards John

"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."

Seas = Blue. Crossing abbreviated = Cross. "To sleep, Perchance to dream-

ay, there's the rub."

Clarity personified. :D