Rhapsody of the Sea cancelled!

Ok, someone on our roll call said TA is still viable and only some are being bumped. Is that just wishful thinking? If it's true that is such BS.

That makes zero sense? Why would they bump some passengers this far out if it's merely an itinerary change? It's more likely just that some passengers have not been contacted by RCCL or their travel agents. The fact that RCCL is contacting people without any move-over offer tells me there is something else in the mix, perhaps a charter between her last Scheduled European sailing and her new transatlantic.

I was told by C&A that it is going through the Suez Canal and on to Tampa and Caribbean via South America.

Like through the Red Sea and around the southern tip of Africa to South America, and on to Tampa? That would be quite the itinerary change....

I was told by C&A that it is going through the Suez Canal and on to Tampa and Caribbean via South America.

I think this is a mix of information.

Rhapsody just sailed into the MED via the Suez Canal in May of this year.

Rhapsody sails to Brazil following this season in the MED. She continues to do around the cape sailings in South America in the spring of 2016.

Rhapsody returns to Europe from Brazil in 2016 for the summer MED season.

It is currently unclear and only speculation what she does between the 27 October 2016 and the 10 December 2016 when she arrives in Tampa.

We have been on less than a dozen cruises with Royal Caribbean and we have had two cruises cancelled on us due to redeployment of the ships. Luck of the draw I guess.

I wouldn't mind if they would cancel some of my upcoming cruises.

I think this is a mix of information.

Rhapsody just sailed into the MED via the Suez Canal in May of this year.

Rhapsody sails to Brazil following this season in the MED. She continues to do around the cape sailings in South America in the spring of 2016.

Rhapsody returns to Europe from Brazil in 2016 for the summer MED season.

It is currently unclear and only speculation what she does between the 27 October 2016 and the 10 December 2016 when she arrives in Tampa.

I really would have liked seeing Rhapsody sailing out of Port Canaveral.

I really would have liked seeing Rhapsody sailing out of Port Canaveral.

Me too. I had grown accustomed to having a solarium and Park Cafe. Maybe the changes to Majesty will include a Park Cafe.

Really disappointed in redeployment of the Transatlantic. We too were booked on the previous cruise which was a great itinerary. Don't like the options that were offered. A potential solution is to disembark in Barcelona and then take the Celebrity transatlantic that departs the same day to Fort Lauderdale.

Just received email from TA that the Oct. 2016 transatlantic on Rhapsody of Seas has been redeployed (cancelled). No idea why? Since I was taking the previous cruise on the Rhapsody (Mediterranean Tour Cruise ) on 10/17 , which is the itinerary I love, I now don't know what to do. I have been cruising for 30 years and never had this happen before. Guess I have been lucky. Does this happen often on RC?

Kathy

N/A or Sold Out is a warning sign.......

Had a few canceled on us by RCL, also had B2Bs totally changed--- the port of departure and the itinerary too.......wait for the phone call and have alternative cruises in mind to book when they call. You are not given a long time to decide so best have something, so you can get the cabin you want.

Good Luck!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We were also booked on the B2B out of Venice on the 17th. Our agent confirmed that the ship had been chartered for the TA. RC has offered some cabin credit for another cruise, but only if we rebooked immediately. We're trying to do the TA with Celebrity's Equinox out of Barcelona on October 25th, but no word yet from RC if they will let us get off at Barcelona. We're not holding our breath for any compensation from RC because we're losing days from the Venice cruise.

I think this whole situation could have been handled much better. The lack of information from RC is appalling. Most businesses do everything they can to retain customers and insure future business. RC seems to feel that it is easier to find new customers than to retain loyal cruisers.

Venice to Ft. Launderdale in 2016 would appear to be impossible.