All Inclusive Drink Package offering, with a twist

wv4891

The Sip n Sail promo now being offered includes the All-Inclusive Beverage Package for free for the first two guests in a stateroom, and the equivalent of a coffee card each.

Correct me if I’m wrong but on my last 14 day cruise, I think AIBP costs about $600 ($49/day +grat) each and the coffee card is about $35 (15 drinks). That’s about a $1,270 perk for the first 2 adults in the room.

The Princess website states: “In the event that the guest does not want the beverage package, alternative OBC amounts have been designated: Guests booking sailings 6-9 days can receive $150 per person. Guests booking sailings 10-12 days can receive $200 per person. Guests booking sailings 13+ days can receive $250 per person.”

If you’re someone who doesn’t drink a lot the OBC does NOT look like a big deal. If you’re going to drink more than 8-10 drinks a day then it is.

If the way people eat on cruises is any indication of how they will take advantage of all-you-can-drink package, I’m not so sure I want to be anywhere near that boat.

Bill’s going to have a lot more friends by the end of the cruise.

It seems apparent that the AIBP is capacity controlled. Very similar to Disney World and their "free dining". Pay rack rates and get free dining. I imagine that the Sip & Sail rates are somewhat higher than before the sale started.

It seems apparent that the AIBP is capacity controlled. Very similar to Disney World and their "free dining". Pay rack rates and get free dining. I imagine that the Sip & Sail rates are somewhat higher than before the sale started.

I think you are right. :(

The Sip n Sail promo now being offered includes the All-Inclusive Beverage Package for free for the first two guests in a stateroom, and the equivalent of a coffee card each. No, the equivalent of the coffee card is not in addition to the AIBP as the AIBP includes all beverages that would be with a coffee card.

Correct me if I’m wrong but on my last 14 day cruise, I think AIBP costs about $600 ($49/day +grat) each and the coffee card is about $35 (15 drinks). That’s about a $1,270 perk for the first 2 adults in the room.

The Princess website states: “In the event that the guest does not want the beverage package, alternative OBC amounts have been designated: Guests booking sailings 6-9 days can receive $150 per person. Guests booking sailings 10-12 days can receive $200 per person. Guests booking sailings 13+ days can receive $250 per person.”

If you’re someone who doesn’t drink a lot the OBC does NOT look like a big deal. If you’re going to drink more than 8-10 drinks a day then it is.

Do you mean the opposite? Seems to me if you drink 8-10 drinks a day the OBC is not the big deal, the AIBP is.

I imagine that the Sip & Sail rates are somewhat higher than before the sale started.

There have been numerous posts that rates were the same as before the sale.

There have been some posts that rates are lower with the sale.

And there have been a number of posts that the rates are higher with the sale. (I do not know if the comparison is with the pricing right before the sale or the prices people booked at months before the sale.)

In any event, prices for each cruise can vary depending on demand. And the fact that people have been posting about higher, lower and same pricing proves that.

Sort of like the stock market. Prices fluctuate.

I am currently booked on an Alaska Cruise in 2016 that is part of the promotion. Is there any way to add this drink package offer to my current reservation?

Yes, contact your travel agent or Princess - whoever you made your reservations with. That's what I did and had no problem getting the special - the only problem I had was getting OBC instead of the drink package, but when I called with the Princess page about the offer on my computer, I had no problem at all.

Yes, contact your travel agent or Princess - whoever you made your reservations with. That's what I did and had no problem getting the special - the only problem I had was getting OBC instead of the drink package, but when I called with the Princess page about the offer on my computer, I had no problem at all.

I will try that, Thanks!

Wow!! I thought I was going to have issues getting this promotion added to my booking. Took about 2 minutes. Yay!

It is taking me a little longer, my TA wants to make sure I had confirmation before letting me go, but I can't complain getting this added. Yay! indeed. :D

Edited by bigpuma

The Sip n Sail promo now being offered includes the All-Inclusive Beverage Package for free for the first two guests in a stateroom, and the equivalent of a coffee card each.

If the way people eat on cruises is any indication of how they will take advantage of all-you-can-drink package, I’m not so sure I want to be anywhere near that boat.

Bill’s going to have a lot more friends by the end of the cruise.

14 days $784 w/grat

There have been numerous posts that rates were the same as before the sale.

There have been some posts that rates are lower with the sale.

And there have been a number of posts that the rates are higher with the sale. (I do not know if the comparison is with the pricing right before the sale or the prices people booked at months before the sale.)

In any event, prices for each cruise can vary depending on demand. And the fact that people have been posting about higher, lower and same pricing proves that.

Sort of like the stock market. Prices fluctuate.

Our cruise was $300pp more expensive for the same cabin before the sale and now with the AIBP, $100 pp deposit and 1 free specialty dining, thank-you Princess!!!:D

I was leery of this too. But when I added this package to our 2016 Med cruise, the fare came down $247pp. I was quite surprised. But I certainly hope it capacity controlled!! I don't drink more than maybe 2 cocktails a week, but with the coffee, juice and Perrier, I think I will enjoy it anyway!! The DH?? Will have to put a bell on him! :D

14 days $784 w/grat

You're right, I've been AIBPing all morning - trying to get to the 8 drink minimum just for practice to see if we should take advantage of it.

I'll let you know how it went after 14 days of this if I can:D

(I think the $49+ number is correct though)

You're right, I've been AIBPing all morning - trying to get to the 8 drink minimum just for practice to see if we should take advantage of it.

I'll let you know how it went after 14 days of this if I can:D

(I think the $49+ number is correct though)

Good luck. :D

• 4 weeks later...
So forgive me if I have overlooked this but is there a limit on the number of alcoholic drinks one can get daily with the package. I only know CCL program and that is 15 max.

Thanks in advance

Not with Princess.

So forgive me if I have overlooked this but is there a limit on the number of alcoholic drinks one can get daily with the package. I only know CCL program and that is 15 max.

Thanks in advance

CCL and HAL have 15 drink limits. No limit with Princess.

Thanks in advance

No limit, its still a ton of drinks to break even on a consistant daily basis.

Now another couple questions since this will be our first Princess sailing.

Can the balcony divider doors be opened to next door cabins on request?

Yes ask Stewart.

Have a small group that love being able to have the "party patio"

Do they allow cabin door decorations?

Yes.

See above.