Christchurch vs Akaroa

Hi

Akaroa is a very small place if its a nice day with sunshine frankly I would enjoy the day there , walk to the lighthouse and enjoy a relaxing day ashore.

if like the last time we were there its raining and not so nice , grab a trip to Christchurch from the end of the pier. plenty of things to do to keep you out of the weather.

Having said all that if all else fails Akaroa is an Ideal place to spend a few hours on you balcony with a glass of Sav Blanc :D

Regards

john

On a recent cruise we went into Christchurch. We went to the Antarctic Centre (great) and then had a couple of hours in the middle of Christchurch. It was a very sobering experience. Having seen it once now when the rubble has been cleared up, but rebuilding is not seriously underway, I don't think I would like to go back for a long time. Business generally have moved into the suburbs so I don't think the heart of Christchurch will ever be close to its former self.

My suggestion is to enjoy your day in Akaroa and maybe take a wildlife-spotting cruise and walk around the town.

Thanks for your suggestions ---I'm going to be delivering mail in Akaroa!

Well done. The Akaroa mail run is a great tour. You get to see some spectacular scenery, hear lots of local gossip, visit small out of the way villages/hamlets and have a wonderful break with coffee and snacks on a quiet beach. I have the most amazing photo collection of the mail boxes we visited so just a suggestion to keep your camera handy for some very unusual mail boxes. Enjoy your day.:)

We did the mail run tour on the "Dawn" Xmas cruise last year. It was the best tour we have done so far in NZ

You can book through the Akaroa Adventure Centre (Google for their website)

The ships' tours are not interested in the Mail Run Tour as there is nothing in it for them as it only takes up to eight passengers at a time so it pays to book well in advance

John

Well done. The Akaroa mail run is a great tour. You get to see some spectacular scenery, hear lots of local gossip, visit small out of the way villages/hamlets and have a wonderful break with coffee and snacks on a quiet beach. I have the most amazing photo collection of the mail boxes we visited so just a suggestion to keep your camera handy for some very unusual mail boxes. Enjoy your day.:)

If you ever visit rural Australia - also keep an eye out for unique & sometimes entertaining mailboxes. Quite a few along the Princes Hwy between Batemans Bay & Bega. :)

We are doing the mail run too. It just sounds like such a relaxed and lovely day.

We are on the Noordam leaving sydney jan 30...... Anybody else? Just decided we did not want to see Christchurch rebuilding their lovely city. Wish them all things good,but do not want to be on-site. Just our opinion.

We are doing the mail run too. It just sounds like such a relaxed and lovely day.

We are on the Noordam leaving sydney jan 30...... Anybody else? Just decided we did not want to see Christchurch rebuilding their lovely city. Wish them all things good,but do not want to be on-site. Just our opinion.

The city of Christchurch is virtually one huge construction site.