Drink Package Prices Cheaper Onboard??

In checking the Compass for a recent LOS trip out of Cape Liberty I noticed the Ultimate Package ($65 vs. $55) and Select ($41 vs. $35) were cheaper if you bought them on the ship than on-line. Premium and Replenish are the same. It can't be explained away by gratuity or tax in my mind. Any help or explaination here??

I believe it is the gratutity difference that you are seeing.

Ultimate: $55 before gratuity, $64.90 after gratuity.

Select: $35 before gratuity, $41.30 after gratuity.

Some ships have specials on beverage packages, usually the last few days.

I just called C&A. It appears that the Compass was probalby printed wrong. The prices for the other two had the gratuity in the price. I am looking forward to my cruise, but sometimes RCL can not keep things straight!!

I just called C&A. It appears that the Compass was probalby printed wrong. The prices for the other two had the gratuity in the price. I am looking forward to my cruise, but sometimes RCL can not keep things straight!!

Only sometimes?:rolleyes:

They do this in the cruise planner too. It's very misleading. The alcohol packages are listed with the gratuity added in, but the soda package is still listed at $6.50/day. So knowing that the price of the soda package is $6.50 pre-gratuity, I assumed the price for the other packages had increased when in fact there was just no uniformity in the way a Royal is listing their prices. Prices outside of my cruise planner (just regular royal website) are all listed pre-gratuity. I'm guessing whoever printed the compass probably had the same mixed-up-half-gratuity-half non-gratuity copy of the price list.