Best dining options

DrMark

However will say I would pick fixed dining next time on CB as anytime dining they are in no rush to get you served and out, so we had a few meals in excess of two hours so missed the show.

Whether in fixed or anytime, if you want to be finished by a specific time, let your waitstaff know. They will speed up service for you.

Having been on the CB in June, it depends on the times of the shows when the queues are longest.

7.00 show lasts 45 mins so long queue 7.45

9.00 show so long queues at 7.00 to get into show.

Also coral dining always half full so they seemed to accept anytime dining whenever you roles up. We usually went there around 7.00.

However will say I would pick fixed dining next time on CB as anytime dining they are in no rush to get you served and out, so we had a few meals in excess of two hours so missed the show.

Hmm that is interesting. We did anytime dining and it never took us longer than a little over an hour for dinner and we always got a the courses. I guess it depends on how many of you there are. We were always served promptly. We would go, for a table for two, at around 7:30 or a little earlier and never even had a wait. It was great I would personally never do TD simply because you never know what's going on. But mostly I would never do traditional because we like to have our table to ourselves and hate to have to share with other strangers. That would wreck our vacation. But if we were owing with a large group and would get a table to ourselves, then we might consider it.

Whether in fixed or anytime, if you want to be finished by a specific time, let your waitstaff know. They will speed up service for you.

I agree, our dinners are always 2 plus hours. We are in no rush unless we want to head to a show etc. We enjoy the time in the DR and chatting with others as well as the wait staff. We have a great time. :)

I agree, our dinners are always 2 plus hours. We are in no rush unless we want to head to a show etc. We enjoy the time in the DR and chatting with others as well as the wait staff. We have a great time. :)

Our experience has also been about 2 hours to finish dinner in a leisurely manner but minimum 1.5 hours unless you skip certain courses. One hour is difficult to achieve when eating a multi course meal. If we plan to catch the 8pm show, we generally start our dinner at 5:30pm thus giving us a cushion before show starts. If you are in a hurry, you can always go to Horizon Court. We too enjoy our time in the MDR giving us a chance to enjoy the food and wine. Besides it gives your wait staff and head waiter a chance to get to know you too.

Hello all,

We are booked on the Caribbean Princess for the August 1st departure. This will be our first cruise, and the recent Caribbean Princess reviews have me nervous :eek:; if I had seen them before booking, I would have chosen a different ship. I really hope Princess realizes how bad this looks for them.

I have noticed that most of the complaints seem to be around the dining options (and the smell), with particularly bad reviews of the Horizon buffet. We are doing any-time dining, and I was wondering what you experienced cruisers think are the best options for where to eat? We generally like to eat later (after 7:30) if that makes a difference.

From the reviews, it seems like depending on where you go, either the food is really bad, or the place is too crowded to get a seat, or both (Horizon). Should I pack a case of energy bars so that I don't starve? :) Does the AIBP help with the food (you are too drunk to notice how bad it is :D)?

Thanks!

I'm so sorry to hear that you have read bad reviews about the CP horizon. We have been on the CP several times. The food was very good in all the complimentary venues.. Once I think a steak wasn't the best in the mdr, late seating, but you can always get a different entrée.. we did the ultimate ship tour on the CP it was very nice and the galley was very clean no odd smells... honestly you can get food anywhere on that ship and by the last couple of days I'm so full I'm getting tired of food...I always come back home gaining a minimum of 5 pounds. Unless you are just very very picky or need a special diet you shouldn't need any energy bars on the ship. I read reviews complaining about the food being horrible, I just laugh, the international cafe has amazing salads, desserts. I always grab a few things at the horizon throughout the day.. afternoon tea, room service, mdr meals.. The only negative I had on this ship was it traveled a lil slow and we got to the port later than expected, but this is probably fixed.. you will have a fantastic cruise...