Summit Bistro On Five Menu

suite dreams

Most of the specialty restaurants on the cruiselines (not just Celebrity) have had their prices rise. However, they are still a good value compared to what you would pay and what you would receive on land. Not Bistro on Five though. I don't see where it's a good value. I could get something similar on a land-based restaurant for less (unless I ordered multiple portions).

We ate there when it was $5. It was good ... not great. We avoided the crowd at the buffet on embarkation. We won't eat there for $10 even with a substantial OBC. (OMG I really sound cheap, don't I).

Most of the specialty restaurants on the cruiselines (not just Celebrity) have had their prices rise. However, they are still a good value compared to what you would pay and what you would receive on land. Not Bistro on Five though. I don't see where it's a good value. I could get something similar on a land-based restaurant for less (unless I ordered multiple portions).

We ate there when it was $5. It was good ... not great. We avoided the crowd at the buffet on embarkation. We won't eat there for $10 even with a substantial OBC. (OMG I really sound cheap, don't I).

No you don't sound cheap. I agree. I can make my own turkey sandwich up at the buffet for free or get a one of the grilled hamburgers/cheeseburgers by the pool for free. My DH and I liked the original menu better with the $5 cover charge.

No you don't sound cheap. I agree. I can make my own turkey sandwich up at the buffet for free or get a one of the grilled hamburgers/cheeseburgers by the pool for free. My DH and I liked the original menu better with the $5 cover charge.

I agree -- that poster (Mafig) doesn't sound cheap at all. And, if you find the soup offerings in the buffet over-salted -- at least you didn't pay $10/pp for the privilege of scrambling to find something else you can eat! :eek:

We were just at Bistro on 5 on Saturday 9/19 on Summit. We were disappointed in the food and service. The milkshakes however were good.

The first thing that went wrong was the Steak Cobb Salad had dried candied apricots in it and not avocado as listed. We brought it to the attention of our server and he gave us some excuse that if they don't have an ingredient they use something else. HUH? We didn't buy it, in any event, candied apricots did not go with the salad, I think there was some miss communication invovled. Then it took 30 minutes from our salad to our entree. I only had a Turkey club, which was not a typical club sandwhich, just turkey, lettuce, tomato, bacon on a wedge. My husband had the Cowboy crepe which he said was fine. I had the cookies and cream milkshake, which basically tasted like a hot fudge Sunday. My DH had the salted carmel milkshake which tasted fine but was thin and not thick like a milkshake should be.

For $10 per person we were disappointed and doubt we will go back at that price.

As for burgers I got a free absolutely delicious cheeseburger with grilled onions at the Pool Grill. No need to pay $10.

Bistro on 5 opens at 11:00 AM and does not serve breakfast any longer.

I am looking forward to eating in the Bistro again. We had a great experience on the reflection. My DH has never dined there, so was planning on going upon embarkation. However, I have a question...

We receive 2 Specialty dinners with a SS. I want to make sure that eating at Bistro will not count toward one of those dinners.

I disagree. If you compare most steakhouses on cruise ships, like the Tuscan Grille, the food quality and service is no where near the good land based steakhouses. I think their value has really diminished in the last 5 years