Question about Captain Leo

midwestchick

Now that Captain McCue will be taking the helm on the Summit in August, (as confirmed by an X rep today)' which ship will Captain Leo be taking the helm on?

I'm sure he will be missed on the Summit. He's so engaging.

Maybe it's Captain Leo's scheduled time off? All ships have two alternating Captains. Maybe Captain Lekkas (Summit's other current Master) is retiring, or moving to another ship??

Maybe it's Captain Leo's scheduled time off? All ships have two alternating Captains. Maybe Captain Lekkas (Summit's other current Master) is retiring, or moving to another ship??

I don't know, but from the way the X rep stated it, it didn't sound as if Captain Leo would be on the Summit any longer. I understand they do have alternating captains.

Now that Captain McCue will be taking the helm on the Summit in August, (as confirmed by an X rep today)' which ship will Captain Leo be taking the helm on?

I'm sure he will be missed on the Summit. He's so engaging.

Despite all the excitement over Summit making history by getting the industry's first American female Captain, I personally am very disappointed that Captain Leo will not be on our Bermuda cruise next month. I so enjoyed him last year, and was really looking forward to sailing with him again. I'm still hoping that Celebrity will actually delay Captain McCue's start date until September.

Edited by Lysingers

Captain Leo will be on until at least the end of August when Captain Kate takes over.

As to whether he comes back from vacation to Summit, right now is anyone's guess.

When we sailed in May we had Captain Anastasios N. Lekkas, who was the exact OPPOSITE of Captain Leo.

Captain Leo will be on until at least the end of August when Captain Kate takes over.

As to whether he comes back from vacation to Summit, right now is anyone's guess.

When we sailed in May we had Captain Anastasios N. Lekkas, who was the exact OPPOSITE of Captain Leo.

What is Captain Kate's start date on the Summit? I'm on the August 23rd sailing and wondering which Captain we will have. I'll be happy either way!

What is Captain Kate's start date on the Summit? I'm on the August 23rd sailing and wondering which Captain we will have. I'll be happy either way!

It said the end of August so probably August 30th cruise.

Captain Leo came on May 31st (day we got off). So that would be 4 months.

Despite all the excitement over Summit making history by getting the industry's first American female Captain, I personally am very disappointed that Captain Leo will not be on our Bermuda cruise next month. I so enjoyed him last year, and was really looking forward to sailing with him again. I'm still hoping that Celebrity will actually delay Captain McCue's start date until September.

I too am disappointed.

It said the end of August so probably August 30th cruise.

Captain Leo came on May 31st (day we got off). So that would be 4 months.

So, if Captain Leo came on the ship on May 31st and the rotation is 4 months, that should mean that he's not leaving until the end of September (he'd be on June, July, August, September). Maybe the rotation is only 3 months on??

So, if Captain Leo came on the ship on May 31st and the rotation is 4 months, that should mean that he's not leaving until the end of September (he'd be on June, July, August, September). Maybe the rotation is only 3 months on??

Captains usually work a 3 months on, 3 months off schedule.

Charlie

God, now I can't even count. You are correct. Maybe it's 3 months. I have no clue. I though it was 4, but maybe it's 3 on 3 off.

God, now I can't even count. You are correct. Maybe it's 3 months. I have no clue. I though it was 4, but maybe it's 3 on 3 off.

Yep, I think it's 3 months on and 3 off. I remember that because it's pretty comparable to the RC Ship Masters' schedule of 10 weeks on and 10 off. :cool:

Sailing on the Summit for the third time this October. It w ill be weird not to hear the familiar refrain in the Greek accent that "Once again, Life is Beautiful" at the end of his announcements.

Maybe they can record it and play it during the announcements.

Sailing on the Summit for the third time this October. It w ill be weird not to hear the familiar refrain in the Greek accent that "Once again, Life is Beautiful" at the end of his announcements.

Maybe they can record it and play it during the announcements.

We're on the cruise before you and he did tell us in June that he would be on our October sailing. Guess he must not have known about the new Captain.