B2B - wine returned after first leg?

joanna111

We are on a B2B out of Barcelona in October. We have separate booking numbers for each cruise. After the first cruise will the ship give us back any wine we have purchased in ports? I have seen several people on CC say this has happened but I'm dubious. Wouldn't they know that we are staying on board for the next cruise?

Would guess you have a 50:50 chance due to the 2 booking numbers.

I'd go along with that. It used to be they gave it back to you whether you were on a B2B or a Collectors. The ships seem to be wising up.

When we were on our P'dam cruise the bottles were not returned at the end of the 1st segment. Now, that was a collectors, but I did talk to a couple of roll call members who had B2B and theirs weren't either.

But that's one ship and one cruise. Things change all the time. Just don't count on it happening ;)

We are on a B2B out of Barcelona in October. We have separate booking numbers for each cruise. After the first cruise will the ship give us back any wine we have purchased in ports? I have seen several people on CC say this has happened but I'm dubious. Wouldn't they know that we are staying on board for the next cruise?

There are so many details involved that I suspect that HAL cannot track everything, so it does not surprise me that the people handling the wine would not know that you are staying on.

Cannot say for certain though.

I wouldn't count on getting the wine back at the end of the first cruise.

As Kazu said -- HAL is reading what people talk about on this board.

And the same goes for purchasing Duty Free Alcohol on the first cruise and then expecting it to be delivered -- you may not get it until the end of your second cruise.

If you are on a collectors cruise rather than a true b-to-b, I suspect you will not get the wine. If a b-to-b, there is a better chance.

And, yes....... there are those who are in Seattle HAL Office as well as throughout the company and on the ships who read CC. :)

Edited by sail7seas

There are so many details involved that I suspect that HAL cannot track everything, so it does not surprise me that the people handling the wine would not know that you are staying on.

Cannot say for certain though.

I don't know for sure but seems to me it would be as easy as putting disembarkation date on the tag that accompanies all the wine/liquor they confiscate and hold until end of cruise. A glance at the tag gives the date the guest is leaving the ship.

I don't know for sure but seems to me it would be as easy as putting disembarkation date on the tag that accompanies all the wine/liquor they confiscate and hold until end of cruise. A glance at the tag gives the date the guest is leaving the ship.

While you are correct, I really wonder if the crew even bothers with such detail. You know how busy it can get the first day.

I concur with the thought of buying it on the last night.

However years ago we did a Carnival cruise which was 3 B2B cruises. When I asked about my liquor after the first cruise they told me 'no'. I explained that I had bought it as a gift (to me!!!!). They explained that I had to take it off the ship with me when I disembarked after the first cruise, to which I readily agreed.

I really enjoyed that kahlua on the 2nd and 3rd cruises. :)

I concur with the thought of buying it on the last night.

However years ago we did a Carnival cruise which was 3 B2B cruises. When I asked about my liquor after the first cruise they told me 'no'. I explained that I had bought it as a gift (to me!!!!). They explained that I had to take it off the ship with me when I disembarked after the first cruise, to which I readily agreed.

I really enjoyed that kahlua on the 2nd and 3rd cruises. :)

[b ] Tsk, Tsk..... :D :D

[/b]

We did a 26 day Trans Atlantic collectors and added an additional 12 days to our Nieuw Amsterdam this year, total 38 days.

We had wine held over from Barcelona, which was in the middle of our collector's, same booking number and we had wine held over from Venice, the "B2B" portion, separate booking number.

We had purchased wine packages both times and had at least one bottle left each time. They were at our table, main dining room, first meal after leaving the ports. We did make sure our wine stewards knew we were continuing on the ship both times and they said there would be no problems and there were no issues.

It never hurts to let them know and make the request. Don't just assume they will get it right. If you've never stayed onboard during a disembarkation, embarkation day, you will soon understand how a word before the mayhem is better than trying to track something down after the fact. We were 4 of the 8 original passengers still onboard from Fort Lauderdale by the time we left Venice.

Have a wonderful cruise!!