Question about later dining

DrMark

Hi all, Just a quick question as I cannot seem to find the answer. We will be on the Regal Princess in October and have signed up for Anytime Dining. Can we make reservations for about the same time every evening on line or do we need to call on the day of?

Thanks in advance for your information.

Hi all, Just a quick question as I cannot seem to find the answer. We will be on the Regal Princess in October and have signed up for Anytime Dining. Can we make reservations for about the same time every evening on line or do we need to call on the day of?

You will have to wait until you are on board. Call the Dine line to request a reservation.

Can't answer that question in advance because each Maitre d' has his own opinion of what should be allowed as far as reservations in Anytime.

No way to know now what the rules will be on your future cruise.

Surely this is an oxymoron. Anytime Dining, but you want to eat at the same time every night?

Surely this is an oxymoron. Anytime Dining, but you want to eat at the same time every night?

How so? To me, 'Anytime Dining' means you dine at anytime you wish.

Perhaps you wish to dine at the same time each night. Is that a problem?

The self-contradictory part of 'Anytime Dining' is that the dining rooms

actually have set hours, and are not anytime.

Wow, some tough critics here........I did not mean the "exact time" every night...I meant approximate times and in different dining rooms. My time dining is MY time.My choice,.even though it may mean dining close to the same time -- or not. That's the beauty of non traditional dining. I'll do dining "My way".

We've done some 26 or so Princess cruises and have never seen them run out of anything, tho' we might have been better off without some of them. We always eat at 8:30-9P....dinner with a bottle of wine is our evening's entertainment.

However, the same could never be said of dinner in Café Caribe/Horizon Court. It's very common to take a reconnaissance swing through HC at say, 7 (or anytime, really) spot something tasty and return after a shower only to find it long gone, or the nice rare prime rib making your mouth water, is only available in boot-dry form. I know of no way to have your cake and eat it too, upstairs in HC (pardon the pun). We've even had the experience of really wanting to eat in CC, and get there only to be disappointed that they'd run out of what we wanted, and then run back to the MDR and be seated at 9:30. We've even gone back for "seconds" and the item was NLA.

I'm with Pablo 222: "Anytime dining" is really dependent upon whose time is at steak, oops, i mean stake. sdm

Edited by Cobra427SC

We have early traditional seating on our upcoming cruise but on one day our tour will not get back in time to make it. Can we go to the anytime dining room or do we need to either eat in the HC or order room service?

Buffet. You will hear plenty from Anytime diners about how they feel about Traditional "poachers" who steal their rightful seats. "Anytime" refers to the people who signed up for it, not just anyone who wants to eat at an unspecified time.

:

Never have had a problem with entrées running out when we don't arrive for ATD until 9:30. :D

LuLu

Funny, I thought we were the only ones. We oftentimes go to dinner at 9:15 or 9:30. One time when showing up at 9:30 -- the waitress stated, 'Oh, I see you forgot to eat'. Well, maybe it shouldn't have been said but we weren't really offended. We actually have never seen them run out of anything on the menu and as a matter of fact, you cannot even believe how great the service is when you go during the off peak times. You can usually even get a table of your choice, whereas sometimes when it is early, that doesn't happen.

We have early traditional seating on our upcoming cruise but on one day our tour will not get back in time to make it. Can we go to the anytime dining room or do we need to either eat in the HC or order room service?

If the ship is in port late enough that many would miss the early seating, then the traditional dining room will be anytime that evening. Your waitstaff will tell you if this is happening the evening before and it will be in the Patter. If you need to know earlier in the cruise, ask your headwaiter.

If it turns out that they are staying with the fixed seatings that evening, ask your headwaiter if you can go to the late seating or if you can have permission to use anytime that evening.

Airlines serve meals? I've heard they used to do that many years ago...

It all depends on where you sit.........In the past 10 years I have had simply wonderful 4 and 5 course dinners and lunches..... Lobster and Rack of lamb was a recent combo... with a really good wines. You gott'a fly the right airlines and pay for the better seats..........but when you do and travel long haulon international routes.... you have a whole new experience awaiting

You get what you pay for...