Concerned About Port Time Changes

Ilovesailing

Got an email today from vacatogo that NCL had changed arrival and departure times on our 10/18/15 Breakaway to Bermuda cruise. Very unhappy with this. Really affects plans we had made with previous docking times. This may be the last straw for us with NCL. I've lost count of all the changes since booking last December.

You all want to be Debbie downers? Flailing and whining about doom and gloom? Fine.

Does this mean your leaving. Because so far on this thread you have said nothing logical, nor added anything positive. I forgot to add that your starting to show your immaturity.

Edited by Ilovesailing

Got an email today from vacatogo that NCL had changed arrival and departure times on our 10/18/15 Breakaway to Bermuda cruise. Very unhappy with this. Really affects plans we had made with previous docking times. This may be the last straw for us with NCL. I've lost count of all the changes since booking last December.

If it's not enough that they got Bermuda Gov't to allow gambling after 9 pm now they are shortening port times.

I'm not as concerned with the port time changes as I am with all the cumulative changes that have been taking place over the last few months. I have 2 cruises booked, one on Star in Jan for my DW's 50th (air is already booked) and another in Nov 2016 on Gem out of San Juan (others are going with us). If not for the air (1st class *splurge*) and others joining us I would seriously consider cancelling both of them.

I'm not as concerned with the port time changes as I am with all the cumulative changes that have been taking place over the last few months. I have 2 cruises booked' date=' one on Star in Jan for my DW's 50th (air is already booked) and another in Nov 2016 on Gem out of San Juan (others are going with us). If not for the air (1st class *splurge*) and others joining us [b']I would seriously consider cancelling both of them.[/b]

I think there a lot of others that feel the same way! :o

My husband just spoke with our PCC. She didn't have an answer (we didn't expect her to), but she is h going to look into it tomorrow and call back. She is pretty good at dealing with us, so I will post if she calls tomorrow (I work from home tomorrow so will be here).

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

My husband just spoke with our PCC. She didn't have an answer (we didn't expect her to), but she is h going to look into it tomorrow and call back. She is pretty good at dealing with us, so I will post if she calls tomorrow (I work from home tomorrow so will be here).

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

It's good to hear you got at least a seemingly receptive response from someone at NCL. Sounds like others aren't getting that. I fact, I called months ago asking why the St John excursions were so short since we HAD10 hours in port and I got a curt response with a kind of "I just work here" attitude. Now I'm wondering if they already knew that we wouldn't have that long in port.. hmmm... :confused:

A wheelchair accessible stateroom opened up on Liberty of the Seas for the same week as our Jade cruise, so I jumped ship. Just too many changes. We will keep the 35 day Transatlantic and Mediterranean we booked for next April and May because it has the ports we really want to visit. Hope things settle down with NCL by then.

Just talked to both my PCC and a lady from the PR dept. The change for St. Thomas was a mistake-supposed to be 7-3 for Tortola.

Color me happy:D

Mine shows Tortola 8 to 4 p.m.

I hope your info is correct.....but it's hard for me to believe what one person says from NCL.

Harriet

Just talked to both my PCC and a lady from the PR dept. The change for St. Thomas was a mistake-supposed to be 7-3 for Tortola.

PCC's and NCL's customer service are notoriously wrong about these things when changes are first made (see: room service charges, increases in gratuities, etc.). I wouldn't rely on what they told you just yet.

Pearl - October 18, 2015 sailing -

Puerto Limon, Cost Rica was 8 a.m. to 6 p.m NOW 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Escape - January 23, 2016 sailing -

St. Thomas - was 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. NOW 7 a.m. to 3 p.m

Nassau - was 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. NOW noon to 7 p.m.

Gem - April 30, 2016 sailing -

Port Canaveral - was noon to 9:30 p.m. NOW noon to 9 p.m.

So far my other cruises haven't changed.

Harriet

Jewel September 11,2015

Victoria - was 2:30pm - 9:30pm

Now 5:00pm - 11:59pm

If this is true, NCL has two big problems in their hands and I am not sure why one is bigger - IT and PR.

Mine shows Tortola 8 to 4 p.m.

I hope your info is correct.....but it's hard for me to believe what one person says from NCL.

Harriet

My PCC was confused yesterday, which is why he could not give me a definitive answer. He had info that the Tortola times were going to be 7-3 & St Thomas was still 8-6. Of course that is not what the web site said. I also have a follow up confirmation e-mail with the correct port times.

I also had a second call from the PR lady who was very apologetic about the mixup. It's a done deal, with no big changes.

Stuff like this happens when you make mass changes to a database, & it's always on a weekend when the people who can fix it aren't there. I remember losing half of our library catalog one Saturday while I was at the reference desk

Very happy sailing with NCL on their new ship, though the alternative sailing I looked at on Celebrity had some attractive features.

Happy Cruising

Cindy

Hi everyone,

We are looking into these itinerary changes and were wondering if you could provide the exact ships that are being affected by the changes, and what ports have been adjusted. (Time in port has been shortened as well?)

Thank you!

~Cruise Critic staff

Just noticed that our ship the Jewel is affected by this also. Our port time in Victoria, BC has changed from 2:30pm -9:30pm TO 5:00pm - 11:59.

Glad we hadn't booked any excursions for this port.

My PCC was confused yesterday, which is why he could not give me a definitive answer. He had info that the Tortola times were going to be 7-3 & St Thomas was still 8-6. Of course that is not what the web site said. I also have a follow up confirmation e-mail with the correct port times.

I also had a second call from the PR lady who was very apologetic about the mixup. It's a done deal, with no big changes.

Stuff like this happens when you make mass changes to a database, & it's always on a weekend when the people who can fix it aren't there. I remember losing half of our library catalog one Saturday while I was at the reference desk

Very happy sailing with NCL on their new ship, though the alternative sailing I looked at on Celebrity had some attractive features.

Happy Cruising

Cindy

So you have confirmation that St. Thomas is back to 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.?

So you have confirmation that St. Thomas is back to 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.?

Yes, that is what my new e-mail confirmation says, also confirmed by 2 phone calls from 2 different NCL departments. This former St Thomas resident is very happy:D