Concerned About Port Time Changes

Ilovesailing

Looks like they still haven't fixed the web site. My poor PC had people calling to cancel or ask questions constantly for the past 2 days & really did a great job digging out accurate info. Those folks on the front lines are really getting hung out to dry by the IT folks. Really, all the changes were bad enough, especially for those past final payment who weren't even notified. To have some of the changes be in error created even more problems, since I spent yesterday trying to line up alternatives. What a mess.

I believe the website is correct. The new confirmation I received today is exactly like the one I first got when I booked. No change at all.

Harriet

Here is my itinerary from the new confirmation For my Escape cruise The correct port time change is in red. That is Tortola, which has been changed fro 8 to 4. This is the correct itinerary, confirmed by 2 phone calls fro NCL

ITINERARY Sat 14-Nov 4:00 pm SHIP DEPARTS MIAMI, FLORIDA,

US Sun 15-Nov AT SEA

Mon 16-Nov AT SEA

Tue 17-Nov17-Nov 8:00Tue am 6:00 pm ST.THOMAS

Wed 18-Nov18-Nov 7:00Wed am 3:00 pm TORTOLA, BRITISH VIRGIN ISLANDS

Thu 19-Nov AT SEA

Fri 20-Nov20-Nov 12:00Fri pm 7:00 pm NASSAU, BAHAMAS

Sat 21-Nov 8:00 am SHIP ARRIVES AT MIAMI, FLORIDA, US

Neither the web site though a mock booking or MY NCL shows the change yet.

I spent one hour on the phone with NCL today. Got bounced around reservations and guest relations. I'm on the Gem in August and noticed Port Canaveral and GSC time changes while making dining reservations. I never received notice from NCL. They confirmed the port changes were correct and would remain. I got every excuse such as you are asking questions above my pay grade, it's done for the safety of our guests and local customs agencies are requiring the time changes. I wanted to bang my head against the wall.

I'm due for final payment on the Gem in October and don't want them to change ST Thomas or St. Maarten after I pay. With all of NCL's changes lately I have zero faith in them committing to the original itinerary.

I mentioned the drastic time changes happening so suddenly across so many different locations of ports. Their response was to read the cruise contact which gives NCL the right to do whatever they want as far as changing the itinerary.

Here is my itinerary from the new confirmation For my Escape cruise The correct port time change is in red. That is Tortola, which has been changed fro 8 to 4. This is the correct itinerary, confirmed by 2 phone calls fro NCL

US Sun 15-Nov AT SEA

Mon 16-Nov AT SEA

Thu 19-Nov AT SEA

I spent one hour on the phone with NCL today. Got bounced around reservations and guest relations. I'm on the Gem in August and noticed Port Canaveral and GSC time changes while making dining reservations. I never received notice from NCL. They confirmed the port changes were correct and would remain. I got every excuse such as you are asking questions above my pay grade, it's done for the safety of our guests and local customs agencies are requiring the time changes. I wanted to bang my head against the wall.

I'm due for final payment on the Gem in October and don't want them to change ST Thomas or St. Maarten after I pay. With all of NCL's changes lately I have zero faith in them committing to the original itinerary.

I mentioned the drastic time changes happening so suddenly across so many different locations of ports. Their response was to read the cruise contact which gives NCL the right to do whatever they want as far as changing the itinerary.

I'm on the Escape cruise with HarpHarp and, as she reported, the time change on our itinerary was apparently a mistake. Though, I just checked again and it still shows the 3pm departure from St Thomas.

NCL really needs to get their act together as this is totally unacceptable-- the changes without notice, all the miscommunication, website errors and the lack of knowledge by the people who are supposed to be answering our questions... and, finally, it seems the rudeness to their customers. This is a service business and, the service right now stinks... :mad:

I'm on the Escape cruise with HarpHarp and, as she reported, the time change on our itinerary was apparently a mistake. Though, I just checked again and it still shows the 3pm departure from St Thomas.

NCL really needs to get their act together as this is totally unacceptable-- the changes without notice, all the miscommunication, website errors and the lack of knowledge by the people who are supposed to be answering our questions... and, finally, it seems the rudeness to their customers. This is a service business and, the service right now stinks... :mad:

This was very frustrating, since I spent yesterday lining up a replacement cruise, for less money, on X & even talked my DH into switching the Baths at Virgin Gorda for the Bioluminescent bay kayak in San Juan, Despite the fact I've been telling him for our 30 years of marriage (on the Cruise:) ) that I wanted to take him to the Baths & show him where I used to live in St Thomas. MY PCC was wonderful, telling me what the problem was, conflicting e-mail & web site information for them also. What a mess.

I've never been so disappointed in NCL. I cruise with them 2-3 times per year but am seriously considering going to X or back to Royal. I even bought NCL stock when they went public because I had such faith in the company.

US Sun 15-Nov AT SEA

Mon 16-Nov AT SEA

Thu 19-Nov AT SEA

This is your new confirmation that you received yesterday or today. What does your original confirmation say?

I ask because today I requested a new confirmation and received it. When I compared it to my original confirmation they are identical.

I believe, as I've said before, it's correct in MyNCL as well as it's correct on NCL website when doing a mock booking. I believe confirmation is wrong. I guess time will tell!

Harriet

Their response was to read the cruise contact which gives NCL the right to do whatever they want as far as changing the itinerary.

Not only Itinerary but EVERYTHING. We are all, including myself, crazy!

Who in their right mind pays money and signs a contract which says they can change ANYTHING before we board or once we get on the ship?

Who in their right mind would sign a contract with anyone for anything that you agree to pay X amount of money but the contract can be changed at anytime .....but from the other party not you.

Yet...I, as well as we all do it.

Harriet

Who in their right mind pays money and signs a contract which says they can change ANYTHING before we board or once we get on the ship?

Who in their right mind would sign a contract with anyone for anything that you agree to pay X amount of money but the contract can be changed at anytime .....but from the other party not you.

Harriet

If we want to cruise, we do it, because it is every cruise line, not just NCL.

I received a call today from a lady at "NCL Corporate" regarding the E-Mail that I had sent them regarding the Gratuity increase and schedule changes. She politely answered my questions, let me vent and apologized for NCL not keeping customers updated on the itinerary changes. She indicated that they were not made aware of the reason behind the schedule changes so I gave her an update on the CC speculation. I also took the opportunity to tell them what I thought of their changes in the Specialty restaurants. I was very pleased that they made the effort to call me and give me the chance to tell them what I thought!!

I just logged into My NCL to check my itinerary again. St. Thomas is back to 8am to 6pm and Tortola remains changed at 7am to 3pm, from 8am to 4pm. Nassau is 12pm to 7pm.

St. Thomas is the only port I care about anyways :)

And I just checked my MyNCL and it's changed now also to 8 to 6 p.m. as is NCL's website if one is looking to book.

Harriet

Harriet

Because there's a tacit understanding that they will at least try to perform as advertised. Everyone understands that "things" happen but "desire to make more money at the expense of an advertised feature" typically isn't a "thing."

I don't have extensive cruising experience, but I don't recall seeing multiple changes to the charges, what was included, itinerary, etc, between booking and sailing on Princess. When an excursion was cancelled 4 days before sailing, we found out because . . . Princess notified us.

Didn't somebody suggest that was the problem, several days ago? ;)

Stephen

Yes, but this is the only one of a dozen or so changes that was a mistake. The other ones have proved to be accurate, more a mistake in data entry than at a higher IT level. I haven't heard that any of the other changes were made in error.

There are many options for a lovely time on Tortola, even with the new time. The Baths, Jost Van Dyke & the famous Soggy Dollar, Cane Garden Bay, & of course exploring the new pier complex followed by a Painkiller & snacks at Pussers are still doable.

St Thomas with a 7-3 port stop was a deal breaker for me & I was prepared with an alternative cruise. I'm happy it was a mistake. As for the other changes, I hope for NCL's sake that they are not dealbreakers for the majority of cruisers.

Yes, but this is the only one of a dozen or so changes that was a mistake. The other ones have proved to be accurate, more a mistake in data entry than at a higher IT level. I haven't heard that any of the other changes were made in error.

There are many options for a lovely time on Tortola, even with the new time. The Baths, Jost Van Dyke & the famous Soggy Dollar, Cane Garden Bay, & of course exploring the new pier complex followed by a Painkiller & snacks at Pussers are still doable.

St Thomas with a 7-3 port stop was a deal breaker for me & I was prepared with an alternative cruise. I'm happy it was a mistake. As for the other changes, I hope for NCL's sake that they are not dealbreakers for the majority of cruisers.

You are basing your mistake theory on the word of one person. I am not believing anything until I see it official. I find it very hard to believe that low level IT made such a far reaching error, especially when private tour operators are changing their tours to suit new port times.

I am on the Escape 2/20/16 sailing.

Original port times (in our confirmation from 1/24/15) were:

-- St. Thomas: 8-6

-- Tortola: 8-4

-- Nassau: 10-6

Current port times:

-- St. Thomas: 7-3

-- Tortola: 8-4

-- Nassau: 12-7

The Nassau port time changed months ago. The St.Thomas time, just within the week. While I am sailing for the ship this time, I am really displeased regarding the change in St. Thomas. Docking an hour earlier (when nothing is open) does not help. It would be different if we had a far trip to make to get to Tortola and wanted to slow down the ship in order to save fuel. This is obviously not the case.

We plan on contacting NCL to let them know that we are unhappy with this change, but any real information that can be found would be wonderful.

We're on Escape the week after you (*for now*), not at all thrilled with what's been going on with NCL....first the gratuity increase, then the a la carte menu fiasco, and now trimming down port times. With all this its as if they're trying to push us back to land-based vacations. And guess what? If that's what they want, then that's what they'll get -- we'll gladly change our plans to going to St John for the week and NCL won't see a penny of out of our pocket. STJ here we come :cool:.

And I just checked my MyNCL and it's changed now also to 8 to 6 p.m. as is NCL's website if one is looking to book.

Harriet

EDIT: Yeah now I see mine has changed back to for STT, but Nassau is still the same. NCL clearly cannot get their friggin act together. Can't wait to cancel this cruise and head to STJ for the week, that beats any cruise by a mile anyways :rolleyes:

Edited by joeski27

Thanks ladies. Really, if I didn't want to get to the Baths the next day, I'd stay in St Thomas & take the ferry over in the am on our Escape. Seriously thing about canceling.

Sailing around in circles for 15 + hours is just senseless.

Call me dense but I don't understand the big deal. You are still going to the islands and able to spend time and do what you like.

If got no skin in this game, as I wouldn't care if the port times are changed for my cruise. What I don't understand is that NCL knows there are issues, whether it be an IT mistake or actual changes, so why don't they make a statement about it. Mr. Stuart has to know that these issues are getting negative publicity on here and on FB, but still the company remains silent. I'm beginning to think that they are of the mindset that if they don't say anything, it will just go away. If it is an IT issue why not send an email out to all passengers saying there is an issue and it will be fixed in X days. If they are actual changes, again, send an email out to all passengers explaining why the changes had to be made.

In this case, silence is not golden.

Call me dense but I don't understand the big deal. You are still going to the islands and able to spend time and do what you like.

I agree with you. I wonder what will happen if NCL has to cancel a port.

This is the chance you take when you cruise. If you want to visit somewhere that much maybe you should take a vacation there instead of going on a cruise. Nothing is guaranteed.