Sanctuary Prices from Southampton

berlingo

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone could possibly tell me the current cost of the Sanctuary please? Also how does one go about booking a place and would people recommend it?

We are sailing with family and friends next month on the Carribean Princess to the Med from Southampton.

We love our cruises and were all very disappointed when we had to cancel last year due to health problems. We are back but I will now be spending some port days on ship and thought the Sanctuary maybe a nice place to spend my time.

Many thanks

Price is $40/person/day on all Princess ships. Sometimes there is a price break of about one day if booking for the entire cruise.

You can only book once on board by going to the Sanctuary area. No pre-cruise booking so far.

Can you book odd days / half days in advance on embarkation day? On another thread a poster has mentioned only being able to book in advance if booking the whole cruise and that single days can only be booked on the actual day not on embarkation day.

Anyone been on Royal recently who can state with experience which is correct? Thanks

Cost is $20/half-day, $40/day and $30/day if you book for the entire cruise. There's no difference in price whether you are sailing from Southampton or elsewhere.

Ships seem to have different policies re: booking. No matter what, you should go directly to the Sanctuary upon boarding to book. You'll get the definitive answer there.

Edited by Pam in CA

Thank you very much for your prompt replies.

I am very tempted!

A couple more queries - if I am there on my lonesome is there anything I should be aware of or not miss? Is the Sanctuary a good place to be on your own? My family and friends are planning to "abandon " me in port whilst they head for Rome and Florence! Poor, poor me having to spend some quality me time on a beautiful ship!;)

Also do you happen to know the timings of the full and half days? We like to chill in the mornings and are rarely ready for the day before 11am. Therefore I am not sure which slot we would go for.

Finally does anyone know if the area is wheelchair accessible? Not a big deal if not as I am only hiring a powered chair as a back up. It is just longer walks which I find difficult just now.

Many thanks once morex:)

PS any other suggestions for treating myself would be gratefully received.

Thank you very much for your prompt replies.

I am very tempted!

A couple more queries - if I am there on my lonesome is there anything I should be aware of or not miss? Is the Sanctuary a good place to be on your own? My family and friends are planning to "abandon " me in port whilst they head for Rome and Florence! Poor, poor me having to spend some quality me time on a beautiful ship!;)

Also do you happen to know the timings of the full and half days? We like to chill in the mornings and are rarely ready for the day before 11am. Therefore I am not sure which slot we would go for.

Finally does anyone know if the area is wheelchair accessible? Not a big deal if not as I am only hiring a powered chair as a back up. It is just longer walks which I find difficult just now.

Many thanks once morex:)

PS any other suggestions for treating myself would be gratefully received.

It's fine on your own. No point for you to book mornings as almost expired by the time you are ready to go there.

You could book a massage one day as a treat. Check with Lotus Spa.

This link on Princess website tells you which ships have wheelchair access. Unfortunately for you, the CB is not one of them.

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/daytime_activities/day_sanctuary/

I do it on my own all the time. Never a problem.

Unfortunately, the Sanctuary is not wheelchair accessible on the Caribbean Princess. If you can go up a few stairs, easiest way is to take the elevator to the Spa and go to the Spa pool. There are fewer steps from there to the Sanctuary.

Half days are usually 8am-12:30pm; 1pm-5pm. Full days are 8am-5pm. Afternoon tea (included) is served at about 3:30pm.