Booked Flight for Dubai Cruise

travelplus

Just got through booking my Father and my flights for Dubai from San Francisco. Was looking around at all options including CruiseAIr and found via Kayak $1,190 on BA From SFO-LHR-BCN. One positive is that we get a 5 hour connection at LHR going and an 8 Hour connection on the return at LHR for any delays and also to give us a rest in between flights.

This is for October 7th returning October 25th. We leave SFO around 4:40 PM and get into Barcelona the next night at 7:45 PM. Then on he return we leave Dubai at 1:45 AM and arrive SFO around 7 PM the same day. Both ends work well to sleep on the plane stay awake and go to bed around 10 or 11 PM.

Yes its a longhaul and personally being on a plane for 16 hours straight while one can do in my opinion is not ideal. So with the layover we can rest or perhaps go to Windsor and come back to the terminal depending on how we feel.

Are there any Day Hotels at LHR in the terminal?

Yotel in Terminal 4.

LHR has four separate terminals numbered 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Yotel is great, but it is a 'capsule' rather than a 'traditional' hotel room. For example, when the bed is extended from the wall, the only real place for your suitcases is under the bed. But if you just want somewhere to shower and sleep it is ideal.

Yotel is great, but it is a 'capsule' rather than a 'traditional' hotel room. For example, when the bed is extended from the wall, the only real place for your suitcases is under the bed. But if you just want somewhere to shower and sleep it is ideal.

I wouldn't quite call it a capsule hotel. I've stayed at one of those in Japan back in college...god awful. That was before I was claustrophobic too...perhaps that's why I am now ;)

While the Yotel certainly is small, it's clean and comfortable. But you have some room to breath, unlike what I would consider a true capsule hotel (https://jenho74.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/3153376995_762d72dbcc_o.jpg)

Edited by Zach1213

I wouldn't quite call it a capsule hotel. I've stayed at one of those in Japan back in college...god awful. That was before I was claustrophobic too...perhaps that's why I am now ;)

While the Yotel certainly is small, it's clean and comfortable. But you have some room to breath, unlike what I would consider a true capsule hotel (https://jenho74.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/3153376995_762d72dbcc_o.jpg)

Yes, you are of course correct. I was just trying to make sure that anyone staying in a Yotel would know that a Yotel room is not the same size as a traditional hotel room.